How much sleep do you guys get per night Veeky Forums...

How much sleep do you guys get per night Veeky Forums? Lately I've been getting 3-4 hours of sleep a night and wondering if this is affecting my gains at all?

I sleep for 3-4 hours and wake up feeling refreshed and wide awake but I'm only 27

Of course it fucks your gains, I sleep 8-9 hours.

Better than sleeping 8 hours and feeling like shit like I do

How though? Are you unemployed or live with parents or something?

8 hours to sleep, 8 hours to work and 8 hours of leisure time, that's how a day goes in my life.

8 on workout days, 10 on rest

I sleep nearly 12-14 hours a day, I don't know why.

>8 hours of work

damn I wish I only had to work 8 hours a day, I work 12-14 hour shifts 7 days a week doing a labor job

ITT man children

I sleep between 4 and 6 hours on a good day of sleep. I usually go to bed at 5 am and wake up between 9 and 11 am and hit the gym

>I usually go to bed at 5 am
kek we're not the man children staying up till 5am watching anime.

I get done work at 3:30 am m8

>sleeping more then 5 hours day

How can u be such a lazy shit? And don't even start with the gains meme, 5 hours is more then enough.

Doing it since 4 years, lift in the morning, my blood says my test is at 970ng/dl which is good for a natty and I make all kinds of gains.

Most people these days are lazy as fuck

It's called being employed. I work from 6pm till 6am

Look for another job

Can't fall asleep so only getting like 3-4 hrs

help Veeky Forums wat do?

Nah I like the hours , hours= more money

I started off doing 8 hour shifts but I was broke all the time, the extra 60-90 dollars a day helps a lot

Warehouse job eh?

i really really really wish i could manage with 5 hour sleep. man i could be SO much more productive if i didnt sleep so much.

Factory, I love it I basically get paid to lift all night

You should get at least 6 hours. Any less and the vast majority of people start seeing pretty severe health problems down the line. Especially if you are young. You should start sleeping less the older you get, until you hit really old age and you start sleeping more.

6 hours is a good base point for 99.9% of the population between 20 and 50. People closer to 20 should aim at getting closer to 8 (or more). Most people close to 50 really should aim for 6 (maybe even less).

And yes, you will see a huge difference in gains the more you sleep. If you only sleep 4 or 5 hours a night your gains are dogshit compared to what you could be making with more sleep. The three most important things in getting huge is work, food, and sleep. You fuck up one of those 3 you might as well not bother

Melatonin

Are you me? Same here man its fucking up my life because I'm exhausted all day but when I finally go to bed I can't fall asleep

>6 hours
> 90 dollars

Your'e killing yourself for that kind of shit money, what is wrong with you. That's minimum wage level (even less than minimum wage level where I live)

I can't get any better jobs because all the jobs that pay more are boring as fuck

6 at night 1 nap later in day when i can. Then up to 10 on my weekends because I usually do a long-ass hike or bike ride and end up real tired

This

I work a job similar to his and its literal suicide tier pay, I'm flat broke before every pay and can't buy anything other than absolute essentials

$90 is 3 days' pay for me. Be glad you guys don't live in a shithole

Shit bro I only make 90 dollars a day and have to do 10 hours of hard labor for it

OP you are either having sleep problems or you are the next evolution of humankind.

I do live in a shithole, I live in ontario canada

fucking pathetic. you need to sleep 8 hours a night. if your so concerned about making an extra dollar that your missing out on what your body requires to function you are a failure

>8 hours a night

newborn baby detected

The only legit response in the whole thread

>implying were all rich and privileged to not have to work long hours

must be nice m8. I used to work 2 jobs and 18 hours a day just to make enough to pay rent and buy food

>tfw roofing for 12 hours a day for 11.80 an hour
>tfw have to work 2.5 weeks to pay rent

Kill me now

what were your jobs, and what were you paying each month in rent

Do you live in NYC or something?

>because all the jobs that pay more are boring as fuck

welcome to life dickhead, be smart and work your up

>work two days in all the month
>i make 300 usd in those days

enough for the college lifestyle

My sleep is all fucked up and I don't know what to do. When I was 19 (I'm 22 now), I got diagnosed with organic hypersomnia, along with depression and anxiety. I'd sleep 20+ hours and nothing would wake me and I couldn't work and take care of myself. Now I'm better but I'll sleep anywhere from 4-12 hours and it's unpredictable (as far as I know) for how much I'm gonna sleep. Last night I slept from 1a to 7a, woke up feeling good, then I was reading in bed (TERRIBLE IDEA), and fell asleep again from 10a to 3p. Luckily no work, but often not even stimulants will keep me awake. Any advice?

>Any advice?
ask doctors

I sleep 7h a day, work 12h a day, still plenty of time for leisure

>uni student
>sleep 12 - 14 hours
>still feel tired
>have dark bags under eyes
JUST

Oversleeping dude, and its probably not quality sleep either

Your quality of sleep is shit. It could be from your bed/pillows, sleep apnea, not getting enough sunlight, shit hormones or something else

You make $15 an hour?

Fuck, I'm glad I went to college.

I try to get 8 hours every night to keep the gains as I'm cutting but I wake up like 5 times every fucking night.

What do I do Veeky Forums?

Find what causes you to wake up and try to prevent it. It might be stress or anxiety.

But I'm not stressed or anxious. I was thinking it might be because my body thinks I'm napping since I force myself to go to bed when I'm not tired.

Would melatonin or something similar help with this?

goddamnit you fucking retards, stop taking all this extra shit you don't need and fucking up your bodies for no reason.
>would melatonin help with this
yes it fucking would you class A moron, so skip a night's sleep, maybe move around the next day for a change, and then go to bed at a reasonable time and sleep! don't fuck around with your phone, don't eat right before, don't drink any fucking caffeine after noon and don't start taking melatonin when your problem is easily solved you fuckwit

Why are you a fucking faggot?

I'm active all day, I can't just fucking not sleep one night because I'd be a zombie and I'm not a fucking NEET, I don't eat at night, I don't touch stimulants, and I don't touch my phone before sleeping, and yet it still takes me an hour and a half to fall asleep and I still wake up 3-5 times a night.

Eat a dick faggot.

Whatever it takes to get 2-3 solid REM cycles, so about 5 hours if I've had little stress.

Add 1 cycle for a day I workout (6.5 hours), add 2 for DL days (up to 7.5 hours)

I can get by on less, but I have to eat more & cleaner

sleeping for more than 6 hours is honestly just pathetic if you're an adult

>stay up late
>sleep for 5 hours
>go to bed early
>still sleep 5 hours
>weekends
>sleep 12 hours

Anyone else have this problem

Rekt

>3:30 am m8

Watching anime until late isn't a job.

Yupp. Shit knocks me out. Been getting some real high quality sleep in since I started on 1.5mg a night.

Live somewhere else. I make over 100k and you still are paying more in rent than me

Do cardio instead of cutting so much food out of your diet

Fuck man, I'm living in a one bedroom because I kept having roommates bail out, and I pay less than half that.

I remember seeing a financial guide one time that said if you're paying more than /4 of your monthly income in rent/mort, then you're fucked