Weak as fuck

Been lifting ~ 5 months on a PPL. Why the fuck can't I get any goddamn stronger.

Lifts:
OHP: 85
Bench: 105
Diddly: 185
Squat: 110

Although my lifts have pretty much doubled, I feel like I'm not progressing as much as I should be.

Anyone else probably never gonna make it?

PPL is an intermediate program.
Do not do it if you are a beginner.

I should've added I did SS for like 3 months.

Switched to PPL recently because I wanted to hit everything twice a week.

Is your bodyweight going up?

Well lad, if all you want is to increase your numbers, you should hop into a proper strength routine. Pick either SS, SL or Grayskull LP.

Considering your numbers, you are still a novice and you are going to have a hard time increasing your compounds with all the volume a PPL provides.

Switch to a strength routine, sleep well, eat 300 calories above your TDEE and make sure to always employ proper form. Boom, your lifts will skyrocket for months to come.

Add a few isolations after some months to your routine if you think your arms are small, and after linear progression stops, pick an intermediate routine. Hop on 5/3/1 if you want to be strong or go back to PPL if you want to be jacked.

While you do not NEED a strength foundation for hypertrophy, being strong will make hypertrophy gains easier. Benching 2 plates for reps will be miles better than benching 1 plate for reps.

Just my 2 cents, user. In the end, what really matters is doing what you like the most. Good luck out there.

Falling for the fast gains meme.
If you are making progress keep going. You will always feel like you should be progressing faster but this is not reality. Everyone's body is different and reacts differently. You can blame genetics here or you can suck it up and keep going.

It's only been 5 months some people have been doing this for years. Just keep working.

PPL is an intermediate program.
Do not do it if you are a beginner.

Because PPL isnt good for strength.

Do SS with some isolations and a 4th set on upper body lifts to get more upper body volume. Then eat and sleep enough. Bulk up.

>PPL is a fraud routine.
>Do not do it if you are a natural.
ftfy

Don't know why I keep forgetting to add vital info, but I'm kinda overweight and on a cut, which will obviously have an impact on my ability to make gains.

I understand it takes time, but I feel like my base coming in was so far behind most other people, it's taking forever. There are people who are NYR who out lift me with ease ffs.

>I did SS for like 3 months
>Squat: 110

No you didn't.

If youre cutting then you cant expect to make significant gains. The difference between a cut and bulk is night and day.

>cutting
>ppl
jesus christ

You've been lifting weights for EIGHT FUCKING MONTHS and your squat is 110 and your deadlift is 285? 110 bench? Jesus fucking Christ.

Stop whatever stupid bullshit you're doing. Right now. Just fucking stop. It's clearly not working.

Get on a real beginner strength program. Doesn't fucking matter which one. SS, SL, GSLP, just fucking pick one. Now follow that routine. Follow the PROGRESSION. Without PROGRESSION there is not PROGRESS. PROGRESS is the goal.

You've essentially wasted 8 months, OP. Like 3 months of SS is probably at 36 hours of effort, but plus another 121 hours from 5 months of PPL. This is assuming no sessions lasting more than an hour, and not counting travel times. Think of the expense as well.

I can't believe you have wasted this much time and """"effort"""". It's really gettin' my noggin joggin.

Couldn't even squat my own body when I began. Literally couldn't get up.

Probably why I'm so weak but I'm fat, what choice do i have?
Any suggestions?
3 months SS, 2 months PPL

Your original post says ~5 months on PPL.

The slightly different timeframe changes nothing though. Lifting for 5 months and having these stats is absolutely ridiculous.

Yes, my op was awful.

I realize that, why do you think I made this thread?

Any full body workout that has you going 3 times a week. Anything more is too much volume.

Like why the fuck do you think your weakass body that can't squat 1pl8 can handle 6 days of lifting a week?

Also pls don't say you've done SS when you've never done SS. You said it doesn't hit everything twice a week which is blatantly wrong.

pls be kg

>thinking he can ohp 160
yeah no you dumb eurofucks

I did 5x5 stronglifts for the past 3 months and I squat in kg what he squats in lbs

kek

(5X5 100kg 1 repped 110kg)

Started at 40kg, OP is a fraud

try bracing your core more during the lift. if you have a loose core all the power your muscles are producing for the lift leaks out.

its either some kind of basic tech problem like that or you arent eating enough/resting right

>Couldn't even squat my own body when I began
Be honest Op - how fucking fat are you?

dont listen to people like this. they have no idea what its like to lift with unathletic genes and think everyone should get a 315 squat within 3 months of training SS

Here's the redpill.

You're all underage so you won't get gains as fast.

You are just under average for 16, now get in the gym and lift weights.

5'10 173 now

This thread is making me wanna stop lifting tbqh

To all you haters ain't worried bout a motherfucking thing, I'm gonna make it no matter what REEEEEEEEEEE