QTDDTOT

Is tofu a good alternative to chicken in terms of protein and building muscle?

Other urls found in this thread:

tdeecalculator.net
whfoods.com/foodstoc.php
youtube.com/watch?v=kwG2ipFRgfo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

are supersets important and should i implement them in my workout?

supersets are literally a broscience meme

How many warm-up sets should I be doing before my main sets? For example if im planning to bench 3x5 at 70kg as my main sets.

tuna

can I eat this alone or does it need pasta with it,

It's effective if you're targeting the same muscle group

I mix an entire can with one tbsp on olive oil mayo, salt+pepper+dill. Then I put it on wheat or a flat bread protein wrap with a slice of swiss

Supersets, not really. Dropsets, definitely. I drop set my last set every day.

they're fun though

I use supersets to get through my assistance work faster. Like doing my lateral raises between sets of calf raises. Idk how effective agonist or antagonist super sets are.

salmon is better than chicken in every aspect except price

not in calorie and protein aspect it's now

no, eat seitan combined with BCAA's to make complete protein. Shit is high-protein, no soy, so no man tits/gyno.

how do i progress on stupid little lifts like dumbbell lateral raises? I don't have microplates for my dumbbells at home so the lowest I can go up per workout is 5lbs. I usually go 12 reps on these assistance exercises. Would adding 5lbs and lowering the amount of reps work?

As in:
3x12 at 10lbs
then 3x5 at 15lbs
then 3x7 at 15lbs
etc, until I can get up to 12, then add weight?

does this sound like a good idea? I'm open to suggestions.

my back hurts on deadlift and squat whenever i do anything past 225+

everyone says my form is good

help??

I'm on a 2 day full body. I'm trying to go 5 days a week now, but I still want to do full body. How can I set this up?

the correct way is somewhere in the sticky, but I can't be bothered to figure out all the %'s and shit that it suggests. I usually do a warm up with empty bar, then add weight and lower reps of the warmup.

if my working set is 2pl8, i'll warmup with a bar for like 10 reps, then 1pl8 for 7 reps, etc.

i'm probably doing something wrong but it works for me!

just follow what the program says m8. rest is important, especially if you're a beginner. If you feel like you must do something on your off days just do some cardio or curls or something

i have however had succes with just working out every other day. Most 3x5 programs give you the weekend off but that's dumb imo. switch to AxBxAxBxAxB instead of AxBxAxx

I reckon that I'm about where zyzz is in the left pic. How long did it take him to reach the right pic (or at least to right before he started roiding)?

Is it a bad idea to date a chubby girl with a good personality and pretty face with the long term goal of her losing weight?

you can't change a fatty

Might be scoliosis, be careful lifting heavy

fatties can change, but you must be sure that she won't leave you if she gets fit or hot

too much work and risk imo

>you can't change a fatty
Idk. Looking at older pictures she was average for most of her life so it's not like she's a lifelong fatass, and she's probably only 25-30lbs overweight at the moment.

She's started working out a bit before we met and I've been helping her get her diet in check. I just feel like I'm setting myself up for failure.

>but you must be sure that she won't leave you if she gets fit or hot

That's a risk with any woman finding a better man that's interested in her so I don't worry too much. She's fairly conservative so that factors in as well.

I'm a fatty mcfat and I really want to continue losing lat.I've lost around 60lbs so far.

Anyone have experience with Intermittent fasting? I was going to go for the 16:8 daily IF.

What do you guys usually eat during your 8 hours? I mostly was just going to eat chicken/rice/green veggies like Veeky Forums recommends. On my fasting hours I was only going to drink water/tea/black coffee.

I do have a rowing machine in my apt so I was going to utilize that as much as possible.

soy is bad for males.

chicken is good but tuna is great cause omega 3's

downside to tuna is the heavy metals that can build up over time.

beef has highest gains due to natural creatine levels

tl;dr
frozen chicken is cheap and good for gains

Is deadlift push or pull? Wheres the main power coming from?

It's both... dont worry about matching squats and deads to a push or a pull

If you want to jew your diet is kinda ok.
I mean you just can go full retard and swap the whole protein source and spect the same results without geting some suplements.

my lower trap is all fucked up and now I can't do shit. how do I not lose my gains while waiting for this to heal?

Work/School schedule changed so I'm thinking of trying a new routine.
Opinions/edits on what I have so far?

a.
Squats
DB Press
Incline DB press
Cable flies (3 position)
Dips
Calves

B.
Weighted Pull ups
Chin ups
single arm lat pull downs
Rope pulls
Rear Delt flies
BB curls
Hammer curls
Leg raises

C.
Front Squats
OHP
Incline DB
Lateral raises
Overhead tricep extension
Tricep pushdown

D.
Deadlifts
Chin ups
Rows
Lat Pushdowns
BB curl
Hammer curl
Wrist roller

I'm gonna try that. thanks friendo

What's the song that a Veeky Forumsizen uploaded on YouTube a few years back and was hated by fatties?

date whoever you want dude. but do it for liking her. not what she looks like. looks will always fade man. don't date someone that makes you want to get away from them for alone time.

my only experience with it was when I was drinking heavily. would drink about 4000 to 6000 calories a day over an 8 hour period. then not eat for 16 (sleep and then work) and then drink again I was maintaining at 246.

Can anyone give me some advice on how this will go? First routine ever. New to dieting. Haven't figured out what I should do for reps.

Don't know why my pics come out sideways. On my phone.

Would you recommend caffeine pills for a cut? Heard they are a diuretic, suppress hunger, and speed up metabolism

Can i just eat chicken breast and broccoli every day, im trying to lose the last 30 pounds I need to but I can't get consistently non shit foods with my schedule I only have about 35 minutes of free time 5 days of the week. Am I missing something, help me please.

Miss you brah brah

no you'll die

Yes, it is. Anyone who says otherwise haven't done enough research or are just delusional broscience assholes.

Two things that jump out to me.
1. Warming out on stationary bike.
The best warm up for any lifting is dynamic stretching, and warm up sets on the compound you'll be performing. The issue with biking is it keeps most of your upper body in a static position. If you insist on doing some sort of cardio before exercise, walking or jogging is probably better, but stretching and warm up should be sufficient.
2. Ab workouts three times a week
Most ab work like crunches and twists are hard on the spine. limit these to once a week max. If you're hell bent on abs thrice a week stick to leg raises, planks/static holds, and vacuums

Yeah, just keep in mind caffeine like most stims are really only effective short term because you build a tolerance

Seems pretty solid. On B I'd drop the pulldowns for a row

What can I do then? Eat shitty food but less of it?

Definitely not hell bent on abs 3x a week. Thanks user. I'll keep those changes in mind!

it was joke. eating healthy is always better

alright fit/
im a skinny fat, skeleton arms dude.. just purchased pic related because i wanna burn fat, but i feel like my legs are too big and fit whereas my arms arent at all
im too afraid to fuck up my body, what should i do?
does this thing help you to lose fat?

that's a cardio machine.Technically yes, It helps you burn fat.But the rate is slow.You can see how low it is by cycling for 15 minutes and seeing how many calories you burned.Its most likely around 200.You need at least a 500 calorie deficit per day to see a noticeable weight loss.What I suggest you do is do the cardio machine for like 15 minutes and also cut down your diet.If you're not counting calories then cardio is gonna be a waste of time.

Start a lifting program if you wanna look good.If you just wanna lose weight stick to a little cardio with most attention to the calorie deficit.Plus there is no targeted fat loss (as in you can't target only your belly fat to lose, it happens to the whole body)

Use this website to calculate you daily calories
intake:tdeecalculator.net

put sedentary as the activity multiplier

then download myfitnesspal and calculate calories of everything you eat.

good luck :)

I'm going to try and get into Judo/BJJ.

What kind of lifts should I be doing in order to do well in those two styles? Also should I be doing a lot of cardio too?

how much should I spend on a home gym?

I want something to do squats / benches on, an Olympic bar and plates. Is it worth getting a power rack and just doing benches in there?

On arm and shoulder day I super set opposites (dips/curls, reverse curls/skull crushers etc.) Just so I can get through more lifts faster instead of set/rest, set/rest. I do set/set/rest. On chest, back, or leg days where I'm doing big compounds I do not do this as compounds require many groups working in harmony so overall fatigue is an issue.

you can do this thing for 10,000 miles a day and your legs are not going to get "too big". The only way your legs will get bigger at all is from overloading them with weights, not cardio.

Cardio and yoga.

Trust me, I'm completely serious.

Stamina is huge.

How can I be a muscular badass and browse Veeky Forums in the same life?

What about for lifts?

>before

zyzz always roided bro
he put in work but he was always roiding

You don't need to lift for bjj. Conditioning and calisthenics are enough for any martial sport.

Skelly here. Doing SS and have been gym going for 3 weeks now. 2 questions:

1. I've got 5.7 hours worth of sleepp. Should I go to the gym regardless?

2. How fucked are my gains as a result?

Why you're starting with a split is beyond me, you're far too new to need one.

You're also missing some fundamentals like Squat, Deadlift and OHP, but you have time for abs 3 times a week and 5 types of chest exercise?

Read the sticky and pick a starting routine- people with a lot more knowledge and experience than you will help you lift more, better and faster.

No, I'd recommend black coffee for a cut because it'd fill you up and cost less for the same result. Don't forget to cycle your coffee and only drink it on an empty stomach for weight loss gains, and check out ECA stacks.

>Can i just eat chicken breast and broccoli every day
If your goal is nutritional deficiency and eventual death, go ahead. If you mean as well as other stuff, you're golden.

>I can't get consistently non shit foods with my schedule I only have about 35 minutes of free time 5 days of the week. Am I missing something, help me please.
The single best diet page on the internet: whfoods.com/foodstoc.php
Eat 50% of the foods on this list every month and you're fulfilling 99% of nutritional and dietary requirements.
Remember, you can click every nutrient and element of each food to get a full rundown on the science and food sources.

>does this thing help you to lose fat?
Yes, but extremely slowly and minimally compared to dietary and lifestyle change.

Focus on stretches and things like yoga. Lifting big is mostly counterproductive to combat/martial arts, particularly these two.

I started with Arnolds Golden Six routine and so I did a fairly in depth analysis before I bought a gym subscription. I worked out that I'd need to spend £2,000+ to even approximate what I'd likely use/get out of gym equipment even if I severely limited my equipment usage, and that'd take 9 years+ to break even when compared to my gym.
tl;dr If you care about lifting then buy a gym subscription. Otherwise look into bodyweight stuff.

how do i stop getting hard when all Im doing with a girl is cuddling

1, yes
2, you've only been going 3 weeks.... ask again in 6 months

Bench press 3x8
Pullups 3xf
Squats 3x8
Ohp 3x8
Chinups 3xf
Dips 3xf
Deadlift 3xf
Tricep extensions 3x8
Curls 3xf

3xWeek

Should I incorporate bent over rows? Does it give me anything that I'm not getting from my current routine?

you don't stop

>1. I've got 5.7 hours worth of sleepp. Should I go to the gym regardless?
>Should I stop being disciplined because something extremely mildly negatively affected my progress

Stop asking stupid questions and go lift.

It'll help your deadlifts and pull ups/chin ups.

Can I get BF% please?
need to work out my LBM to set up protein intake for a PSMF.

So, on the second day of my third week on SS I've got a problem. I went rather smoothly from 55kg to 85kg, but when I finally got to 85kg, which was the first day of the third week, I ALL OF A SUDDEN realised that my technique is rather poor, with knees way to forward, which made my quads do the squat. After I fixed it on the last set of squats that day, my groin muscles started to feel weird. I can't quite tell what's wrong, but when I go into squat without the bar, as described in the book, the muscles feel... Unpleasent. Are they just tired, because they were not prepared for the sudden load?

KNEES DRIFTING PAST TOES DOESNT MATTER AND WILL NOT HURT YOU
Post vid of your form and we can help you out

Aim for 12 reps, when you can do anything over 12 increase weight. Then build up to 12 again on the same weight. Then increase weight. Rinse and repeat.

Post vid of form. Is it thoracic or lumbar pain? Is it muscular or skeletal pain? Feel like a strain or just DOMS?

Soy does not increase estrogen, this is a myth

Do things that dont hurt, eat at maint

Yes go to the gym. One or two nights here and there wont affect progress, just dont make it a habit.

lads im about 1 1/2 hours from the nearest gym, i've been doing floor presses for the last 6 months and im making good gains but i think my grip is a bit too wide.

what grip do i use to """"""""""""""""""target""""""""""" my inner chest?

if im going to be stretching daily to say fix a posture problem or whatever, is best to stretch at the beginning of the day or before sleeping?

Halp me Veeky Forums, my disappointment and lack of patience is threatening my gains...
Been going to the gym regularly for 4-ish months and I'm the definition of skinnyfat. I look like a hungry af skelly but with a roll of fat on my abdomen. I'm doing recomp rather than cut/bulk so I know it's going to take a lot longer to reach my ideal body goal but...

I guess I either need some motivation or someone to tell me to stop being such a pussy and keep going. Any advice? What makes you feel better about your progress when you feel like you're not getting anywhere?

pls respond

You don't. There's no such thing as inner chest.

i mean this, english is not my first language.

yesterday was the second time i failed during the last rep
then i tried to lower the weight and couldn't do not even one more
should i lower the weight next time or just try it again?

that'd be lower chest then, i guess

When you guys do bicep curls or tricep pushdowns do you keep your elbows pinned to your side?

Thats your lower chest, do decline bench and high to low cable flies

Is it better to don't do a set until failure but feeling the muscle working on every rep or do it until failure but don't feeling the muscle at all and using all the secondary muscles to lift the weight? ( the eight i use on the first case is lower than the second)

For example, bench press

Where can I get a hold of Ephedrine in the UK?

I saw most bodybuilders talking about Chest Eze from the pharmacy, but the posts are a few years old and even if it's still available it's limited to 2 per customer

Are there any better sources that don't cost a ridiculous amount?

If you're not using a certain set of major muscle groups for an exercise, then it's likely that your form is incorrect. You have failed the moment you can't do the exercise with correct form.

You look a bit better than zyzz on left.
Try and round out your pecs though, the lower looks a bit diminished.

youtube.com/watch?v=kwG2ipFRgfo

try mixing with mayo and guac omggg

First, thx for answering

Second, it's not that i don't use it. If i put too much weight in the bench press, i don't feel the chest DURING the exercise but i do feel the pain on the next day. If a lower the weight, i can feel the chest working 100% during the exercise.

I recently started fitness (about 4 months? I think) and I'm wondering if what I'm doing is good or maybe I could make improvements
Can someone take a look at my chest/shoulders/triceps program and tell me what I'm doing right and what I'm doing wrong?
I do everything 3x8

Chest:
Bench press
Incline bench press
Converging bench press (machine)
Chest press (machine)
Chest press with dumbbells
Inclined chest press with dumbbells
Flyes with dumbbells
Flyes (machine)

Shoulders:
Seated dumbbell press
Shoulder press (machine)
Dumbbell lateral raise
Front dumbbell raise
Standing upright row (holding a weight plate)

Triceps:
Seated dips (machine)
Lying triceps extension (with a weight plate)
Tricep dumbbell kickback
Standing triceps extension (cable) (machine)

This is all in one day btw, I usually do this on day 1, then on day 2 back biceps and legs, day 3 rest and repeat
Also abs exercises every day

Is the soy tits thing a meme or should I start obsessively examining my chest several times a day as I now feel compelled to do?

i ate 200 more calories than I should have today, do I reduce 200 tomorrow to make it all perfect?
I am on TRT do I still need to eat fats? I dont produce my own testosterone so I can just go higher on carbs?

This is absolutely fucking retarded. The volume is tremendous but not effectively directed and you clearly aren't moving enough weight in anything to actually get any use out of it.

For chest, cut everything out except bench, incline bench and dumbbell flies. Throw in weighted parallel bar dips if you can do them, and if not, do standard parallel bar dips. For shoulders, cut everything except your lateral raises and do either standard OHP or behind the neck press. Your triceps workout is fine, maybe reduce the volume by cutting out the seated dips.

If you want hypertrophy, do 4 × 8 on all your exercises and do it with a weight you strain to finish all your sets with. Add weight every week.

Chest:
Bench press - Alternate days dumbbells and barbells
Incline bench - Alternate days dumbbells and barbells
Flyes
Cable Crossover
Chest Dips
= More all round, more room for growth, and less complicated.

Shoulders:
>OHP
>Arnold Press
>Lateral raise
>Front dumbbell raise
>Reverse Flyes
= More rounded, more rear delts, less cheesy noob exercises

>Triceps:
Tricep Dips
French Press
Push down
Tricep dumbbell kickback
= Less room for injury + more tricep isolation

BUT Unless you've been lifting for 1 year+ you can effectively reduce chest to flyes + bench and shoulders do OHP, lat raise and reverse flye. This WILL make you lift more, and faster.

If you're super autistic and in the gym 7 days a week then the above routine may help. I'm pretty sure you're trying to do too much too early though.

Also make sure you're doing enough deadlifts, squats etc.

Dear Veeky Forums,

I'm on SS for about 4 weeks now. My stats are:
>Bench Press 15kg
>OHP 12.5kg
>Bent-Over Row 15kg
>Squat 45kg
>Deadlift 45kg

I feel like my upper body is weak as hell, can I change Workout B to BP, Row and OHP or should I just stick with the program? If the latter, how long should a beginner stick to SS?

Just stick with the program for now at least. You must be a skelly so if you wanna get stronger just eat more

Forgot to add the weights

Chest:
40kg
30kg
40kg
32kg
2x12kg
2x9kg
2*7kg
52kg

Shoulders:
2x8kg
18kg
2x4kg
2x4kg
15kg

Triceps:
55kg
15kg
2x5kg
28kg

B-but I'm 175cm and 75kg.

been doing bodyweight exercises for several weeks now and eating good. I can see improvments already
Do I get a barbell(I got no space for a bench) or dumbells first and how much weight would be a good start?

>he tries to become a hungry skeleton before becoming a muscleguy
>is already a skinnyfat

just lift weights dumbass, it burns more calories and starts training your muscles.

What type of migraine medicine can I take if I'm taking Robitussin cough+flu? Don't want a bad reaction from taking 2 medicines that fight each other.

I would of fucked the BEFORE sexy twink Zyzz. Filled him up with my unprotected seed.