>brothers who'd die for you
>unmatched networking opportunity
>shedding weakness through hazing
>unlimited supply of fresh pledge/boipucci/servants

You're in a frat, right Veeky Forums?

I'm not a fucking murrcan.

Also,
>paying for friends

No. I was a transfer student with hardly any friends so I knew I was never going to get into a good one, they would herd me into the outcast frat. also I hate beer. unlimited pussy and cocaine is cool though.

Nah, but I do regret not joining. Sure there are a lot of different ways to have fun in college, but joining Greek life seems like pretty much a guarantee that you will have an active and fun social life in school.

Canadian here.

We may not have as many, but honestly, the people I've met in frats aren't paying for friends. They're paying for a lot more than that. The few frats we have here have community service requirements, on top of all of the other stipulations. You get what you pay for. You definitely come out better, since they also have GPA requirements.

I couldn't afford it when I went through college, and holy shit do I regret it. But I did get kick ass grades and am now working my dream job, and I don't know if I could have done that getting fucking tanked every weekend.

Sorry, I'm not a fucking faggot that needs alcohol and drugs to have fun.

ΑΤΩ Pledge Class Spring 2016 reporting in

Everyone is fighting over unpaid internships while these fratguys are getting good paying jobs lined up before they even graduate

I regret not joining. I go to a university with big greek life. If you want to fuck 9s or 10s (all in top tier sororities) you need to be in a frat. Even the night after joining most frats at my uni have a crush party where it is so easy that "if you don't get laid you must be gay".

Like I have a good job and got good grades..but, who is to say that I couldn't have an easier job that pays more just by knowing someone from the frat I joined.

We have frats in Germany

Transfer student here. Pledging this spring semester for a top 3 frat at my uni.

I used to be / still kind of am/ situationally autismo

Can't compare Burschenschaften to american frats at all though

Uni?

Kappa Sigma Representing

>little red cups

>just pledged this week

Did i do good or fuck up? What am i in for?

Also im gonna try to quit Veeky Forums and use that time for studying.

guys I am 22 and going to university this year how do I into a fraternity?

No im an athlete

Penn State

also I'm in England so do they even have fraternities?

Go to Rush Week, find out when that is

What sport?

Pi Kappa alpha reporting in

>quit Veeky Forums
LOL

societies

good for you. have fun

do I just ask people about it or what? never heard of rush week

Literally bone of those thinga are 100% true

No im not. I have no time

one on the right looks good but legless; yellow shorts looks good for a natty.

yup. you're paying for connections and resume material.

sorry, you're a pussy who think they're better than everyone else so ends up losing out on career prospects, life, and hates themselves. except this is probably bait. i mean fuck i didnt drink til I was legal age frat life still dope.

close enough

frats and sororities are like a crash course in socializing and pop culture just dont make it the entirety of who u are and you'll come out better

pls how do I join

That didn't stop me from pledging.

Dont remind me.

Ive managed to get off for several months before.

During Fresher's week they have tons of societies opened for people to join. what uni are you going to? Newcastle here can recommend a few good ones.

I was in a frat. Shit was cash.
>always have a lifting buddy
>hot chicks blowing you weekly

But I will tell you the only networking opportunity it provided me are that random kids I barely knew call me asking for a job. I tell them no each time.

me to brother, im also a transfer student . /IM/ masterrace

There is not a single 7+ in that picture

lol I went on the college party cruise last spring break with all u penn state fuckers
Some of u were all right

>brothers who'd die for you

Lmaoing at your fuckin life if you actually believe that.

I mean im sure it beats the fuck out of browsing Veeky Forums on friday night but getting piss drunk with a bunch of people you pretend to like and having drunk condom sex cant be that amazing

>paying for friends
>have to be cucked by all the other dudes before getting in
>have to let boys tell me what to do

Nah. See, I wasn't an autismo in college so I just befriended someone in frats that I liked, went to their parties and fucked sorority chicks.

That's what happens when you legitimately make friends with people. They want to hang out with you.

Fucked both the presidents of two different sororities in one month kek

Meanwhile frat dudes are passing out in their own vomit every weekend and have to deal with inter and intra Greek life bullshit drama. Have fun with that

>needing to be in a frat to have connections

Hahahahaha

Obviously none of this happened because geeds aren't allowed at frat parties.

TFTC

4 5 7 6

Im a geed and i was at three different frat parties last saturday you faggot

so far I have been accepted to Nottingham reading and Essex but I haven't decided yet

For real? What you playing?

did you go to inception?

I'm not in a frat but I think that you are lying. I've never been to a frat party as a geed. I'm pretty frat though usually wear stuff like this around campus and hit on girls.

I pray your pledge master finds this and you get your balls hazed off

Geed liar detected, enjoy your art degree and plethora of cuckings

Pretty sure he doesn't browse Veeky Forums

Either some garbage frat or you're on a sports team and befriended them through that - and even then fat chance

Otherwise you're lying on the internet and I feel bad for you

Literally none of the guys I know that were in frats had jobs out of college.

Maybe that's a thing with deep south greek life. But not elsewhere. Networking is networking is networking.

hur dur look at me 4chin im cool I frat and Fuck the grills.

Get out of my Veeky Forums faggot

We don't pay for our friends, we pay to not hang out with people like you.

i don't play anything I just lift in the IM, im a junior

Shut up pledge

I've never gotten a job from my fraternity but I've helped others get jobs who were in my fraternity, as long as they had the degree.

Similar to my experience. Fraternity connection helped me get a job, but it was a surprise connection, not a conscious effort.

Phi Kappa Psi reporting for duty

Bows and fucking toes pledge

cool we might bump into each other there, usually lift at around 8pm on weekdays unless we have practice

I literally went to Kappa Sig, Delta Chi and TDC parties all the time. Same with Tri Sig and Phi Mu.

That's what happens when you're cool and don't have to pay for friends.

>Phi mu
That's a sorority top kek

dam bro isn't it crowded as fuck at that time

Good lord bro. It's not rocket science to figure out how to get involved in joining a frat. It's basic problem solving.

Go online to your uni's Greek life / IFC site and contact the recruitment chairs of the fraternities, or plan on signing up for formal rush whenever it takes place.

Nah. It was a Norwegian cruise just called the college party cruise. Nc state, v tech, penn state, and some other rando frats/sororities all went. Was too trashed to ever remember anyone's name

yeah but i dont have time to lift in the morning

Yeah so is Tri Sig. That's why they are in a separate sentence.

v. tech are cunts

>tips polo visor

Sororities don't throw parties you fucking retard

Biggest sluts on the cruise. Neighbors were 3 girls, all three invited us to run train on them at some point. One I made out with had a boyfriend two floors up

Why would you ever be in a frat when you could just be friends with the dudes in one, go to their parties and reap all the rewards without any of the downsides.

Also, everyone outside of a frat will think you're a cum drinking fag cause you pay for friends. And the 'jobs lining up for me' is just a meme, fair warning to newbies

kek i always feel kinda guilty fucking sluts who are in a "relationship" but that's life. Don't hate the player hate the game as they say

>but...but it said phi mu fraternity when I looked it up on Wikipedia so I could name drop places I party and sound cool on a Bangladeshi squid farming forum

nigga Im autistic how the fuck am I going to make friends with a fratbro I cant even make friends with people who arent cool

Why is that? Op sounds exactly like them.

Also
>implying Burschenschaften are the only frats in Germany

Then the frat life's not for you. You may get accepted somewhere (or to a lame ass frat but why would you do that) but they'll only ever treat you as the autist that you are and you'll still get treated like shit in your upper classmen years, the years you kept telling yourself that it would finally get better at

post your hottest sorority sluts here
instagram preferable

Wtf kind of backwoods retard town are you in?

I literally lived two houses down from a bunch of phi mu chicks and they threw parties all the time.

You think that everything has to be in designated special houses only or some shit? Top kek the loser doesn't even get invited to personal parties only the official ones hahahahaha

>And the 'jobs lining up for me' is just a meme, fair warning to newbies

yeah it works more like

>loaded kid from NYC gets into a frat because he is loaded and has been doing coke in clubs since he was 14 and knows how to party
>makes friends with other loaded, connected kids
>gets job through those networks/nepotism

nice damage control, friend

yeah I know im 22 and just dropped out on academic probation. thinking of going to texas a&m but their autism radar will be off the charts when im fighting 18 year olds to get into a drinking club

i live in an unaffiliated, my man. Nothing is official.
Point still stands - sororities don't throw parties, you fucking retard.

Sigma Alpha Epsilon reporting for duty. Entire nationals system neutered us, no pledge process, no hazing. Glad I graduated before that shit kicked in.

>2016
If Adam was your pledge master I pity you

im 24 still at a community college and I have trouble making friends at a liberal cooperative house with 30 people.

frats are probably not my thing...

>When you get kicked out of your house by the school because your bros raped 30 girls last night but they was totes sluts bruh they lyin'

Most frats aren't good. Have a friend in a frat. They just play d&d and live together. You have to be in a top frat to have any of the op description

It's over $5k per semester to join a decent frat at my school. fuuuuck that

I watched a documentary on frats, and they seem ridiculous.

Hazing rituals like beating newcomers or raping them in some extreme situations? From what I've seen they always have to do shit that makes them uncomfortable at the very least
Newcomers acting like literal slaves to older members?
People getting attacked for not joining frats?
Raping girls on campus?

Shit seems awful to an outsider. UKfag so we don't have them here. Please can an Ameribro explain the above to me?

Rape isn't common at all, the few idiots who do rape are usually caught and have their mugshot as a top google search result for the rest of their lives if they're lucky.

Hazing is just a part of many pledges, if you aren't up for it join one that doesn't do it.

Also never heard of anyone getting attacked for not joining, but there's cases of one house attacking a member of another etc.

Hazing isn't too different from when you join a rugby/football/water polo 1st in red brick unis.

I'll bite. I was in a frat. I graduated in 2010 from an elite university. Was a top 3 frat which ultimately lost its charter the year after I left due to the brutal hazing.

I have a decent amount of social anxiety so the frat helped me meet women and dudes to hang out with without me having to do any real work. I always socialized with alcohol though which was really the key contributing factor. Hazing was gnarly, both physical and mental. A lot of guys dropped due to it. I had nightmares about it for about a year after. It really fucked with my head as well. I was already depressed and messed up but about 6 months after pledge quarter I tried to an hero.

It was a good time though. We had insane parties with a thousand people (including now professional athletes) and people would be begging me to get in. Friends from back home would come up to visit and think I was the shit. The frat go to the gym, eat dinner, start drinking, and then party nearly every night. I lived in the house so there was always something to do, including sloots.

In reality though, it was unfulfilling. I don't talk to any of the guys from my frat anymore. I got serious about fitness after college as well as mindfulness. I don't drink or smoke anymore either and live a pretty quiet life, spending most of time with my gf and dogbro. Honestly, I'm infinitely happier than when I was partying in college. I visited campus for the first time in a while this last weekend and wished I would have joined clubs, focused on grades, and made meaningful relationships.

inb4 blog post

ΑΤΩ Fall 2015 here. I'm Vice President now

Fuck frats.

Shit is full of rich boy degenerates who can only talk to people with alcohol in them. Good part is I can avoid the girls who socialize with them real easy. Then again, college girls are 90% whores anyways.

chapter?

he's already a brother. they don't get hazed when they're brothers

>wished I would have joined clubs, focused on grades, and made meaningful relationships

this. for college:

connections (and keeping a couple good relationships) > grades > fitness > partying/social life