Anyone ever read a book at the gym? I've never seen anyone else do it and never had the balls to do it myself...

Anyone ever read a book at the gym? I've never seen anyone else do it and never had the balls to do it myself, but I go late at night so loads of equipment free and I take pretty long rests so always thought it was ideal rather than refreshing social media over and over

>I've never seen anyone else do it
There's your fucking answer.

Also audiobooks won't make you look autistic.

>Listen to an audiobook?
Sure.

>Read an actual book?
Why the fuck, fäm? When I'm reading I prefer to actually focus on it, instead of taking a break every minute to do a set. That just sounds stupid.

Never gonna make it with that attitude.

Yeah I've been thinking about downloading some audio books but don't wanna waste phone storage on it, any websites/apps to stream them?

I did once, but I was dripping sweat onto the page and I realized I wasn't actually absorbing or comprehending anything I read, so it was a waste of time.

Maybe take the time to learn to live without constant stimulation.

SD cards are super cheap bro get a job

Got a 16gb one that is full with music, I'm just a cheap bastard not wanting to shill out for a new one desu, upgrading my phone soon to one with bigger storage so that should fix my problems desu

>rest time long enough to read a book

Audiobooks don't take up that much space, though. I'm pretty sure you don't listen to all of the music you got there constantly. Probably have a few albums you haven't listened for ages and could afford to replace with a good book. I'm just guessing, though, since that's how it is with me.

Only way I can get through a cardio sesh tbqh

>reading books
>listening to audiobooks
>refreshing social media over and over
Wtf are you niggers even doing at the gym. Gym is meditation for me. I don't want to think about anything, talk about anything or focus on anything but the lifts while I'm at the gym.

>Implying you don't walk the treadmill for hours to get lean aesthetic.

>implying I would go full retard and spend hours at the gym......walking.

That's what the outside world is for.

Gross.

How do you hold it while engaging your arms int he cardio?

I tried it yesterday and wouldn't do it again

I don't engage. I walk or exercise bike. I don't run outside of playing sports.

Don't you find it hard to concentrate while vigorously biking? Or do you just bike at a moderate pace?

I bike at home and I can't concentrate on a book so I just watch tv.

Moderate. But I also have ADHD so I can't really concentrate without having my body moving. My gym plays muted news commentary with no subtitles who the fuck enjoys that I haven't the foggiest.

>treadmill
>for hours
Autistic af mang. Nothing better than cycling or running in the woods.

>My preference is better than yours
And I have the autism? It's really an issue of convenience for me.
>Want daily cardio
>Want daily lifts
>No time left to hit the trails.

I did it once and felt autistic. Plus it was high rise by Ballard and one of the parts gave me a half chub on flat db bench which I'm pretty sure was kinda obvious

I always read at the gym, but I tend to be on cardio machines.

Have you heard of fucking YouTube

I did that for brave new world for a class once. I can't always find the book I want tho and it can be annoying if you forget where you stopped off.