See qt 3.14 on elliptical

>see qt 3.14 on elliptical
>She's reading a book
>See that it's Ready Player One
>mfw I couldn't work up the nerve to talk to her

Seriously, it's hardly ever that you find a girl that likes sci-fi, is hot, and works out.

What should I do next time I see her?

That book is a literal meme.
You dodged a bullet.

What? Come on I heard it's pretty good.

Are you being a contrarian or do you actually think it isn't a good book?

Veeky Forums fag here so I'm actually interested in this shit

Not OP btw

No the user you're replying to, but it sucks.

Let me see if I can grab a glimpse of it. The book is literally page after page of the author fanboying over his childhood. It's garbage.

Basically Scott Pilgrim the novel. The depth of the book is just "look at these sick 80's references, remember video games?".

Oh shit really? I thought it was like a scifi book or something with some plot relating to video games.

It is. Fun read.

the worst book I ever read lol

I don't ever use the word "cringey", but that is the only way to describe this book

Sounds like a fun girl-talk to her

You're not a Veeky Forums if you actually like this book

>Ready Player One
Shit taste. Total pleb

t. Veeky Forums

>expecting women to have any sort of taste beyond what the flavor of the month pop media is

lit is just a contrarian board tho

>the Veeky Forums favourite book is Infinite Jest
I think not

It's definitely not a great novel with a lasting message but it is definitely one of the most entertaining, fun, interesting, and engaging stories I've read in a while. It was like a candyland of interesting and wonderful things, absolutely loved reading it.

That's the problem
It's pure sugar candy for Millennials
"Member video games?"

That's why it's bad
Good art doesn't make you feel good.

>everything you read has to be art
read more then

Maybe not, but you have to recognize the difference between good food and candy.

Candy isn't good food just because sometimes you have a sweet tooth

you're not a Veeky Forums if you like any book

read it a few months ago, I enjoyed it despite not growing up in the 80's

kinda wish I had a home gym like the MC, sounds like you could fight a giant monster to lift rather than lifting for a minute and hanging around of a few minutes staring at your phone

>reading that trash

Hopefully you never see her again, dodged a bullet homie.

Ready Player One is garbage.

Read "Snow Crash" by Neal Stephenson. It's similar, but loads better. Ready Player One is nothing but nostalgia-wank and empty escapism. Snow Crash is fun and smart cyberpunk and doesn't stroke nostalgia cock while licking video game balls.

After you've read Snow Crash, go recommend it to her as something similar but probably better, then try to turn it into an actual human conversation you weirdo robot.

I read the first few chapters and didn't like at all it desu. It read like a blatant author insert of his personal fantasies. And the main character is just so damn unlikeable, literally like it was some random douche from /r9k/.

Snow Crash is fucking schizo crazy shit

I don't think I can recommend it
It's good 90s cyberpunk, but man it's crazy