[SERIOUS REPLIES ONLY]

My old gym shoes have gone to waste and I'm looking for a new pair that aren't straight flat bottoms. Any solid shoes for both lifting and running?

Other urls found in this thread:

roguefitness.com/adidas-adipower-weightlifting-shoes-black-white-silver?151=69&gclid=Cj0KEQiAiMHEBRC034nx2ImB1J0BEiQA-r7ctmmI-XM8pF_eGOz2KB2Gp2A9I3b-_KWaasKBDFl921caAj7R8P8HAQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

New Balance or get /out/

really need separate shoes for both activities if you got the money

I really doubt that that's true and it's also a waste of money if you're wrong.

It really is pretty true though. I just found out recently myself.

Flat bottom/thin soled shoes for lifting (squats/deadlifts are most noticable) because you are able to drive more forcefully with your heel. If you have a big squishy sole, your balance will be off a little. Next time you go to squat, try one set with shoes on, and one set in just socks. You should notice a difference.

Running (or lifting where you're not driving with feet) you need a thick sole to absorb the impact, and the right arch support.

Check out Meijer or Kohl's, scope out the clearance section. Got knock off Chuck's for $7.50, and New Balance runners for $15.

What is the benefit of having straight lifting shoes over normal tennis shoes? I'm the kind that I will happily spend money for higher quality objects if I think it will benefit me.
Dispute what I said above and I'll take your word for it, but if not then KYS

Lifting in running shoes is objectively a bad idea. Either get something with a flat sole and no/removable insoles, or shell out the cash for heeled weightlifting shoes.

What do you think of these?
roguefitness.com/adidas-adipower-weightlifting-shoes-black-white-silver?151=69&gclid=Cj0KEQiAiMHEBRC034nx2ImB1J0BEiQA-r7ctmmI-XM8pF_eGOz2KB2Gp2A9I3b-_KWaasKBDFl921caAj7R8P8HAQ

The standard of weightlifting shoes. I guess they are more on the narrow side while the nike romaleo 2 is comparable but more on the wide side. I'm also looking at WL shoes. I recommend squatting with 2.5 lb plates under your heels to get a feel for what a weightlifting shoe does before shelling out $200.

>Any solid shoes for both lifting and running?

You can lift in running shoes, you don't run in lifting shoes. You can run in lifting shoes if you're a shitty casual runner.

Yeah nah these dudes are wrong op. The right answer is to go with flat shoes but to run on the balls of your feet like a true athlete. Only a clumsy oaf lets his heels hit first and absorb the impact. Don't believe me? Watch an NFL skill player or a soccer player run. They never run with heavy heel first style. It's bad form.

I wear adipowers for squatting. They're top tier if you have narrow or regular feet. If you have wide feet look into Nike romaleos. Look at the sizing chart and size yourself down .5 to a full size, you want them tight so they mold to your feet.

Nike metcon 3s are pretty decent. Just came out. Flat bottoms but they have a shitload of stability and cushioning. They are designed to be a crosstrainer but they are super comfortable.

You're dumb as shit if you run in flat shoes, or never actually ran in your life.

Form is not synonymous to the SHOES that you're wearing, which is what he's asking. Idiot.

Cushioning is literally the worst quality you could give a shoe for any remotely heavy weightlifting.

If you run with proper form you don't need excessive heels because your heel should be receiving the least amount of impact.

either the goat or mark bells meme shoes

What you're not realizing is that the sole is uniform the entire length of the shoe. Good cushion goes along the WHOLE shoe. Soccer/NFL cleats aren't flat with 2mm drop. You need proper form AND a proper shoe. He's asking about shoes.

Squatting with 2.5s under your heels is dangerous, ineffective and nothing like a pair of heeled lifting shoes

And a flat shoe has plenty. Chuck's were the original basketball shoe after all. He wants to buy one pair of shoes and this is the best way. He IS doing light cardio he didn't ask what he can marathon in and what he can lift in. Clearly just looking for something to treadmill in b4 or after his lifts.

I do 20min on the treadmill in chucks every other day.
no problems so far

Ya it's just to get a feel for what they do (like I said). Don't go heavy obv.

Yeah you won't. Chuck's are great all around shoes for the amateur lifter/runner. Can't beat the price and functionality. I have some Nike lifting shoes right now but that's just because I got em for free at uni.