Rip vs mehdi?

Rip vs mehdi?

Other urls found in this thread:

stronglifts.com/how-to-build-bigger-biceps-triceps-arms/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why are his shoulders/arms so small?

stronglifts.com/how-to-build-bigger-biceps-triceps-arms/
>Avoid Curls. Increasing your Squat & Deadlift will build your arms faster than biceps curls & triceps extensions. Get stronger and eat more.
He doesn't do arms, basically.

i like SL more because it has more volume

This nigger did arms everyday
i hated him cuz he ignored everything else and just did arms
I started focusing on it now getting mired for it
thanks nigger
i still h8 u

Mehdi is a weak retard. He's been lifting for 15 years, and the only thing he got decent was squatting. Seriously, his PR bench is ~250 lbs.

His form in the vids is bad too
Hard to watch
But I fuckin love that app

Eh, he has the body he wants, I guess. The important thing about a lifting program, especially one like his that is aimed at beginners, is establishing that you should be aiming for something, and over time if you aren't getting the results you are after you should modify, or completely switch, your routine. I think SL is in theory good for beginners for a couple reasons (starts you on baby weight so newbs can do it, progression is encouraging, fewer exercises coupled with low starting weight lets newbs learn correct form so they have good form by the time their lifts are higher, etc), but I do think he could be more honest about the fact that if his program isn't giving you the results you want you should add in lifts that will get you there. A better coach would make a SL type routine a really great entry point in to lifting.

I probably wouldn't be lifting if it wasn't for Mehdi and his app. Because of him I learned to discipline myself to a routine. I learned to enjoy lifting and look forward to it because of SL. I've made progress I can see, and I'm getting to the point that my friends (who I don't talk about lifting to) are starting to notice it.

I imagine there are a lot of others like me. Whatever else Mehdi is, he is a legitimate inspiration and helpful person to people new to lifting.

Rip is a curmudgeonly asshole who thinks that doing anything but his program is suboptimal/useless, but he actually knows what he's talking about.

Mehdi is a complete hack. That is all.

Doesn't he only squat like 405 for 5? With 15 years of lifting, that's kinda awful

>405 for 5 is awful for a casual natty
please enlighten us with your numbers

>anything but his program is suboptimal/useless

what rip really means is that if you say you're doing starting strength, don't do some hacked up version of it and call it starting strength

He spends a fair bit of time trying to force everything into his preferences on what is best. You see it a lot whenever he's interviewing lifters.

I started lifting with SL 5x5 but it always nagged me that the program is the only thing anyone knows about Mehdi. Did he compete? What's his background? Was he known for being a particularly good trainer before 5x5? At least Rip has solid history.

oh yeah, that's just rip lol

Mehdi was a guy who just jumped on the internet bandwagon, wrote a program, made a website and made a forum.

he's a french internet salesman

T. 1pl8 lmao dyel

He's belgian I think.

Serious disrespect towards Rip to mention that other guy in the same sentence.

>This is the best you can hope to look like after 15 years of lifting natty

Mehdi is a complete and total retard and you should not run SL, nor should you ever take any advice from him.

405x5 is awful for a natty for 15 years

t. natty who can squat 420x5 after 2 years

If you really believe ~250 lbs bench is weak you are out of touch with reality. 250 for his height and weight are every respectable and it puts him in the top 1% of the adult population.

Now in terms of competitive power lifters its small change, but that is a unfair and unreasonable comparison.

All years questions are covered on his site.

You mean he capitalized and monetized a legitimate program that works.

Not only that he is honest about where the program comes from.

Haters gotta hate.

His lifts are not at all impressive for his weight.

Mehdi for starting out, Rip for knawlege.

/thread

98% of the adult population does not bench press at all you fucking retard.

Rip have trained thousands of people. Wrote one of the most highly recommended lifting books, lifted a lot more than mehdi, and probably still does.
Rip was way bigger than him in his younger years, and affiliates himself with good coaches, and stays uptodate with research.

Mehdi made a rip-of program from SS, and have barely anything to show for after 15 years of lifting.

>15 years

Mehdi hacked up Reg Parks 5x5 with SS, slapped very vague explanations of each lift on his site, wrote an app for his routine, and then kek'd all the way to the bank.

He's a programmer.

Peopel who say SS lacks volume, Rip have said if you want more olume then add a 4th set of 8 repetitins with less weight. It doesnt sound like much but it makes a big difference.
And there is a whole section in the back of SS with asistance exercises. Jsut add curls to the day youre not doing chins and chest isolation on OHP day and youre set.

Its simple as fuck.

SL5x5 is just so simple. It teaches bar path, SS is probably better - but more complex (even if by near non-existent measures to the informed).

Doesn't really seem like something worth arguing over.

Both of the suck and both them think their shit doesn't smell.

It takes a real retard to not be able to do power cleans, that's really the only differentiating factor between SS and SL other than 3x5 vs 5x5.

The top 1% is the top 1%. By any measure people in top 1% of anything are WELL ABOVE AVERAGE.

The next time you call someone a retard I suggest you use you brain first,

The top 1% is the top 1%. Please explain how being in the top 1% of strength measurements is not impressive? Here is a hint you cant.

Medhi pls

No dude, that's not at all true, don't be discouraged. The guy in the photo trains for strength, not look good, that's why he has no lats, no v taper, no arms, and just a disgusting box body after 15 years man

you can look good in a couple years just don't be a retard

Your out of touch with reality or just have a really hard time with math.

Medhi. Pls.

The retard is strong in this one.

Simple. He's not in the top 1% of people at his bodyweight that actually train. If anything he's middle of the pack. The IPF world record for paused bench is nearly double his max bench.

I don't get why people make such a big deal about SS vs. SL.

Both are noob programmes that most people will be done with in 3 to 6 months anyway, both do about the same thing, both are based on sound principles for novice lifters.

SL starts you out with more volume but says to cut it once you have trouble recovering, SS tells you to increase it if you feel you can handle it.

As far as power-cleans vs. rows go: if you don't have a coach or experienced friend to ask about teaching you how to do it properly, maybe it's better to wait a bit and not commit shitty technique to memory. Chin-ups are probably better than rows for newbs, but both recommend them as accessories.

And everyone knows why "isolation" seems to be a taboo word on both programmes: it's not that doing a set or two of cable crunches, curls and calf-raises at the end of your workout is bad. It's simply that if you tell a novice
>yeah, some isolation is okay as long as it dosen't interfere with your main lifts
what they will hear is
>yeah, do 3X10 of curls, tricep extenstions, rear delt flies, adductor machine, reverse bosu-ball hanging serratus presses.

Nor did I claim he was. Nor does he claim he is.

That does not change the fact that he is in the top 1% of adult males.

So you suffer from reading comprehension and math. Maybe also reality.

This guy gets it.

Hes just mad medhi is stronger than him without looking huge.

the fuck are you talking about

Medhi is smaller and weaker than me despite training since I was in elementary school.

Medhi's stats are laughable for his time training. If you think anything differently you should hold higher standards.

Dude. Like it or not he is in the top 1% of adult males. I never claimed otherwise and neither has he.

I have never done Stronglifts, but I have recommended to people who it suits.

You suffer from the inability to comprehend what other people write.

You suffer from the inability to grasp reality.

I lift more the Medhi. I could lift even more if I trained that way, but I am not a not a power lifter and have no interest.

You obviously cant understand that some people reach there genetic limits or even get to a point where they are happy with there body. You seem to be suffering from body dysmorphic of some type.

Post pic with face.

>fat powerlifter

gains diminish really fast once you get to those numbers, you will see it

Lol

I'm aware, but I'm still progressing.

6'2" 215 and about 16% bf btw

>16% bf
So why the fuck are you talking shit when Medhi had a way lower BF than you? Because you're a fat ass who only cares about numbers not about looking good.

post a pic

>implying

I would look better than Medhi and still be stronger than him if I cut for 2-4 months, but it doesn't line up with my goals right now.

The fact is, he's been lifting for 15 years, isn't strong by comparison to other people that have been lifting 15 years, and doesn't look good when compared to other people who have been lifting 15 years.

This was at about 212.

Okay so you don't look anywhere as good as Medhi yet you're talking shit about his program. Great job.

How does this squat over 500lb?

What are your over lifts?

290 paused bench
535 deadlift
Haven't maxed OHP in a while but working weight is currently 150 for sets of 5

Let's see your photo little guy.

>starts calling people little guy
wew defensive much? I'm not the one claiming to squat 500+

Still from a 495 single @9 from Monday.

Stay mad.

>le mad meme
okay bud

>3 plates
>quarter rom

hueuhuhueuh

ps whats your routine?

That's 5 and that wasn't the bottom of my squat.

Sheiko for meet prep.
GNuckols' 28 free for offseason
Hopping on RTS project momentum 2k17 next week

Well at least mehdi is not a fat fuck.

Why would you talk shit about other people's physiques when you look like this? Just relax and stop being such an angry man.

w-wha?

Calm down, Medhi

A lot of angry fags seem to use lifting as overcompensation on here, its pretty toxic and unhealthy. That shit head probably roids and lies about it as well.

Yup.