Why did no place in sub-Saharan Africa ever develop agriculture?

Why did no place in sub-Saharan Africa ever develop agriculture?

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/science/2017/05/22/europe-birthplace-mankind-not-africa-scientists-find/
linkedin.com/pulse/105000-mile-canal-grid-south-africa-john-jensen-jr-
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why didn't you ever develop agriculture?

Because it's sub-Sahara Africa and farming is a bitch in that terrain

y not just move????????????

They did, it’s kind of why we have humans around the entire globe instead of in Africa where they originally developed.

/thread

Culture is not just buildings.

The Bantu people did have agriculture.

>He fell for the Out of Africa meme theory

>leftists memes

>Bantus
Had agriculture
>Ethiopians / Axum
Had agriculture
>Mali Empire
Had agriculture
>Great Zimbabwe
Had agriculture
>Tigray
Had agriculture
>Songhai Empire
Had agriculture
>Kingdom of Ghana
Had agriculture
>Nubia
Had agriculture

Any more retarded /pol/ memes you want me to debunk? After all, you only started this thread because you got BTFO on the one about Africans not having writing... funny how you keep moving the goalposts every time you get proven wrong.

They were smart. Agriculture was a mistake.

>not blaming the lack of development on the amount of melanin in the skin is being a leftist

that last bit goes completely off topic

I mean it’s a lot more believable than giant snakes, magical gardens and an apple that contains knowledge instead of nutrients

Africans didn't invent the wheel and you expect them to operate a factory?

someone please teach this fucker how to generate lift

They did have agriculture.

Look at Mali.

>apple
It was a pomegranate jackass

WE
telegraph.co.uk/science/2017/05/22/europe-birthplace-mankind-not-africa-scientists-find/

I think OP meant organized agriculture, i.e. complex systems of agriculture using ploughing and irrigation.

Africans never developed agriculture beyond "leave some seeds around and perhaps it'll grow".

Even if that's true, Homo sapiens still originated in East Africa.

Well most of those had ploughing and irrigation, these were organized societies, not hunter gatherer cultures.

Great Zimbabwe had a system of farming terraces and irrigation canals, similar to the Incas but on a smaller scale. And it's probably the least advanced civilization of that whole list. Ethiopia was even more of an organized Empire.

Really how hard is it to google these things and learn before making an idiot of yourself?

Nice try OP

>Africans never developed agriculture beyond "leave some seeds around and perhaps it'll grow".
That's not at all true. Anthropologists are very careful to distinguish between agriculture and horticulture. What you described is horticulture, but all the archaeologists studying the Bantu expansion note that the Bantus had agriculture, which is much more systematic.

You're going to have to explain how this is relevant to anatomically modern humans.

linkedin.com/pulse/105000-mile-canal-grid-south-africa-john-jensen-jr-

>The largest wide-array man made (or at least non natural) structure in the world is in fact an ancient terra formed systems of agricultural-aquaculture canals in Northwestern Botswana and Northeastern Namibia, north of the Kalahari Desert in Southern Africa. Obviously quite ancient, the canal systems no longer provide free flowing water throughout its 105,000 mile array, but many sections show obvious intention to provide cross sectional irrigation.

>These canals are too evenly spaced over too large an area to be any kind of natural formation. Based on entry and exit points, it is readily apparent this system is a very large, controlled agronomy array and/or aquaculture system. Its age is defined by the overgrown nature of the canals, as well as some areas that are covered over with drift and sand erosion.

>The entire complex covers an area about equal in size to the State of Arizona in the USA. The system is about 350 miles in width and about 300 miles in depth, at least for the remnants still visible.

>What you described is horticulture
Are you fucking retarded?
Horticulture is way more complex than that.

The most common way of life was either farming or herding

Where are you getting this bullshit?

Fucking retard

We knew how to fertilize, plow, and irrigate the land

How else could crops grow?

Jesus Christ you’re an idiot

Neanderthal master race, not a drop of sapiens blood in my veins

What a shitty starting location.

I think he's more or less an industrial/kenetic sculptor/artist or something.. a lot of these guys are usually just hyping up fairly modest (yet impressive on an individual level) hobby-projects.

("Ugandan Space-Program"-guy was more or less building a light sport aircraft for fun and stuff)

Typically I'd attribute some of the more wild "boasting" to be down to translation error or simple carny-style salesmanship...

Also I'm quite impressed by the shit some chinese hobbyists are able to put together, with scrap metal is impressive.

>how else could crops grow
While I full heartedly agree he's a retard. Seeds will just grow in appropriate climate if you plant them.
That's the thing plants do.
The yield is way worse. My gardening it's pitiful. But a hypothetical group of retards could recognize the importance of seeds by mistake and then just act on that.
That's probably the /pol/ view if they were to accept half of this.
Anyway.
Op, a better question is about animal husbandry. That's at least not 100% trivially false.

Oldest sapiens fossil comes from Morocco though

How did Anglo-Saxons in Rhodesia manage?

>Africa didn't have agriculture

What the fuck is this meme? You'd have a better case for pipework I guess, but Ethiopia, Bantu, and the rest all had perfectly sufficient agriculture and trading

>7.2mya
>2 million years before humans split with chimpanzees
Out of Africa refers to anatomically modern humans 40kya. Why am I surprised that some dumb fucking alt-reich shit knows nothing about human biology or evolution?

If it was really leftist it would've cut off after the second sentence.

All introduced by Arabs.
You come across as a massive redditor btw.

>alt right
>existing
Lol

but farmed it anyway

Dope, what civilisation made these canals?

Retard

Agriculture pre-ceded the arabs by hundreds of years

it's already developed in his civilization

.2mya
million years before humans split with chimpanzees
duh, that's what the article is about, moron, the new findings push back the years humans split with chimps by 2 million years, and it's discovered that such creatures roamed europe, not africa, you pretentious imbecile

you dumb fucking liberal cunts think what you learn in school is the bible

science is not a dogma set in stone

>liberal
rather i should say leftists

liberal implies open mindedness, while leftists are dogmatic

>He fell for the uni-generative theory

Niggers developed independently of humans.

How old is that complex?

What I learned in school is that anthropologists love to make dubious claims about "missing links" so that morons who get their scientific information from the telegraph will fawn over them

Nope, agriculture in West Africa preceded Arab contact.

However there IS evidence to suggest Africa was introduced to Europe by neolithic Near Eastern invaders

lmao

>what are the boers?
>what is rhodesia the bread basket of Africa?

Whypeople

They produced some of the best tobacco in the world.

>Its age is defined by the overgrown nature of the canals
>These canals are too evenly spaced over too large an area to be any kind of natural formation.
>it is readily apparent
>Obviously
>show obvious intention

This thread is of course very stupid but none of this sounds very scientific.

>blacks only differ from other races in melanin
fuck you stupid

That pic is pretty funny. But the racist implications don't really fit. He's not using these things because he considers them fashion accessories or the application of them are inconvenient right now.

Does that shit look like it was naturally made, to you?

No need for it when shits grow even in winter

Lol you are wrong

>brainlet

They did

Do I look like I evolved from a fucking fish to you?

I come back to this board after five months and this dickhead is still making threads.
What did I miss?

Holy shit /pol/ BTFO

More Australian autism

Wow

Who would have that industrial level subsidized farmers from Britain would have it easier than Kikuyu villagers with iron hoes and animal corpses for fertilizer

Amazing!

Ha, you sure got him!

because you have good hunting all year round.

The agrarian societies of the Igbo and Akan of Nigeria and Ghana respectively prove you wrong. Hence the Yam festivals in West Africa.

That doesn’t matter user, the oldest finds of the genus Homo can not be found anywhere else except for Africa. Australopithecus could have evolved in the Middle East for all we know, but it still wouldn’t change the fact that you’re descended from Paleo-Africans who arrived in Europe 40,000 years ago.

Yes you do.

Some niggers in the Sahara developed agriculture but remained nomadic tribes and never developed civilization.
Southern Africa is a good farming material though.

>Africa is poor
What does poverty have to do with the humans acting like animals?

Quit moving the goalposts.

>too dumb to read

>Southern Africa is a good farming material though.
So is (was) the area around the Niger river. Some Islamic scholar (forget the name off the top of my head) visited Mali during the middle ages and one of the many things he reported was how amazingly productive the farms in the area were.

Much of East Africa was similarly very good farmland, but Eastern and Southern Africa tended to be populated more by pastoral peoples.

>the size of Arizona
this is some ancient aliens bullshit. That's either a natural formation or it doesn't exist at all.