My gf is saying it is possible to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time...

My gf is saying it is possible to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time. Do you have any genuine scientific proofs that i could show her to prove her wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

examine.com/nutrition/how-does-protein-affect-weight-loss/
youtube.com/watch?v=k5bFy_WHYLI&index=14&list=PL_PdXfTvxOF0ZXIy3hlVGmo0GeMdRDEz1
youtube.com/watch?v=ud7CnPJcK6U&index=15&list=PL_PdXfTvxOF0ZXIy3hlVGmo0GeMdRDEz1
aminoacidstudies.org/muscle-growth/
youtube.com/watch?v=nuHOdahzkUY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protein_metabolism
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>my gf is saying

stopped reading there.

7th semester med student here, your girlfriend is a tard. Go do cardio 40 minute initial cardio, eat low fat foods,plenty of protein and lift mad pussy/weights.

MY gf said I should "stop" and that don't "hit me any more"

But now she's dead

who's right? only you cant decide.

>>eat low fat food
The things you are learning aren't based on rigorous science.
If you don't eat fats, your body doesn't have the amino acid chains to build muscle.
To lose fat and gain muscle you need to lower your insulin levels and increase your test.

examine.com/nutrition/how-does-protein-affect-weight-loss/

It is possible.

>what are physics
>what are thermodynamics
>what is chemistry

She is right though get your fat ass on /fraud and losing fat and gaining muscle is possible

Thanks user I bit my tongue

people always wanna make this shit about science and numbers. just eat good food and do strength training and you will look good. do some reasearch sure but don't obsess about this shit man it should be something thats fun and kinda challenging no need read molecular biology research until your eyes get sticky

Shes technically right.

If I was a 400 lb fatass with no muscle, then I started lifting. Of course I would gain muscle and lose some fat.

Shes wrong

it is with newbie gains though

most doctors know nothing about nutrition and general health

*high fives you*
girls are so dumb xD

Those things dont apply to biology

Yeah you can, there isnt a magical switch in your body.

are you fucking 14?

Yea you are right. The inside of the human body is a magical place where the laws of physics don't apply.

>this entire thread

It's impossible for a bodybuilder training for years with a 25 FFMI but it is possible for a fat fuck with 0 muscle to un fat fuck himself and gain a little muscle in the process

The more muscle you have the harder it is to gain to the point where you can't even gain any muscle without a caloric surplus (ie) bulk, after a year or so, and then eventually, without steroids.

I don't know why people want to split this into pure black and white

The fuck are you on about you mongoloid

youtube.com/watch?v=k5bFy_WHYLI&index=14&list=PL_PdXfTvxOF0ZXIy3hlVGmo0GeMdRDEz1
youtube.com/watch?v=ud7CnPJcK6U&index=15&list=PL_PdXfTvxOF0ZXIy3hlVGmo0GeMdRDEz1

Of course, just be in a caloric surplus during the day when the body naturally builds muscle and then be at a deficit at night when it burns fat.

A guy named Markham Burka discovered this years ago and it works.

It's possible during your first two years of lifting, according to Scooby. You can gain about 15 lbs of muscle your first year, and 10 lbs your second. You can even do this while burning fat, if your caloric deficit isn't much more than 350-400 cals, and you get enough protein. After that though, your noob gains dry up, and it will take some work to gain 5 lbs of muscle per year natty, and you can only do it by bulking.

yeah, correct

they will ignore your post though and keep spouting whatever stupid shit they believe though

>calorie deficit isn't much more than

If you have zero muscle on your body, IE, totally untrained, you can gain muscle eating like 1500 calories a day, srs.

Just obviously less than if you ate at a small deficit

>My gf is saying it is possible to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time.
It is, it just becomes much more difficult after you've been lifting for a few months.

Stop trying to disprove your girlfriend on an african child labour image board and get back in the gym fatty.

it is possible for noobgains

this.
medfag here and I didn't know jack shit about nutrition and exercise until I became involved, they teach us some stuff in school but it's really nothing inclusive and specific to exercise, unless it's something YOU'RE interested in and put extensive effort into learning/researching.

go to sleep pajeet

Where does it say not to eat fats? I said eat low-fat foods.

Aminoacids do not build muscle, proteins build muscle. A good way to put your health at risk is to go ahead and lower your insulin levels and listen to a gym junkie that sells testosterone products.

>d food and do strength training and you will look good. do some reasearch sure but don't obsess about this shit man it should be something thats fun and kinda challenging no need read molecular biology research until your eyes get sticky

This is why we have trumpcare.

Idk if this is broscience or what but surely it's possible right? Say you eat enough protein but stay under a deficit, couldn't the calories your body holds as fat be used in the same way the calories in the food you consume be used to technically push your deficit into a surplus?

what??

>Aminoacids do not build muscle, proteins build muscle
lool

In the EU?

So you're a dumb undergrad by US standards.

Your lack of knowledge is showing user.

Girls say some stoopid fitness shit.
>today
>gf's telling me what she did in the gym
>she thinks she hurt herself doing leg press to heavy
>tell her she should be doing proper squats
>tell her she shouldn't just be jumping in and doing the heaviest lift she can do
>tell her its a good way to practice bad form
>"this again? you dont know everything about fitness and nutrition user dont be a know it all"

it's certainly possible when you're a beginner, but the more muscle mass you have and the leaner you are, the more unlikely it is. it doesn't really happen when you're intermediate or beyond. at that point you're happy if you're able to keep most of your muscle mass on a cut.

It is possible. Why do so many of you tards believe that they are mutually exclusive processes? Fat is burned and stored all the time, muscle is broken down and repaired all the time. The rate at which those processes occur is largely down to hormones which is why noobs and people on drugs can gain muscle and lose fat at the same time.

I didnt understand your question but lets put it simple.

You need certain calories depending on your physical activity, if you want to cut and keep muscle, you must keep a certain amount of calorie deficit diet while eating healthy and consuming enough protein and vegetables.

This way, excess fat is burned off the body, without losing much muscle, there is no way to target fat in the body so the body fat is loss equally.

So since you have a muscle hipertrofie, it doesnt stop after your done exercising, to keep this muscle you have to keep consuming protein for the body to repair the damage done.

Explained as simple as possible.

If you want to cut and keep muscle mas its going to take some time, its not easy to lose weight and keep muscle mass.

he's either Europoor or pajeet, which explains his "semester" schooling and poor basic science foundation.

>eat low fat foods
Farewell, credibility.

>Aminoacids do not build muscle, proteins build muscle

your gf knows more about bodybuilding than you.

you must be one stupid fucking person, and a dyel.

If you cut at 500cal you will still have stages over the day where you have a calorie surplus. It's possible. Calorie intake and usage is not a straight line.

Of course its possible

Well, given that he thinks amino acids come from fats and not proteins, safe to assume he isn't a doctor anyway.

As a completely untrained person it may be possible because the threshold for what is considered a stressor is so low. It takes very little metabolic resources to recover if you're lifting babyweights and your gains are the very lowest hanging fruit.

But past that it's more or less impossible. If you're gaining muscle, it means you're in a state of anabolism, which also means you'll gain some fat. If you're losing fat it means you're in a state of catabolism, and you'll also lose some muscle. Saying you can lose fat and gain muscle at the same time is the same as saying that the body can be anabolic and catabolic at the same time.

Our bodies have evolved to not waste energy, and creating muscle (which is metabolically expensive) when you're in a state where your body isn't even getting enough energy to maintain homeostasis is just not going to happen.

Well given the fact you cant read properly, i could assume you dont even lift anyway.

An overweight chubby fucker who has never lifted before could probably do it because of initial noob gains, but for any intermediate or above lifter it is pretty fucking difficult if not impossible

>have coworker who is trying to cut and get abs, by maintaining the same weight
is this possible?

How the fuck would you even work that out? Intermittent fasting?

Branched-chain amino acids (BCAA) such as L-leucine are especially important. They dramatically improve the body’s ability to synthesise protein and thus build muscle mass.

Its comprehensible that some of you barely finished highschool and just read anything off the internet and take it for a fact.

I found a website that is fit for your comprehension:

aminoacidstudies.org/muscle-growth/

Proteins are amino acids you douche canoe

aminoácids form proteins, aminoacids are not proteins. what the fuck i even linked it. everyone in this thread is full retard. christ

hang yourself

>My gf is saying it is possible to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time. Do you have any genuine scientific proofs that i could show her to prove her wrong?
What is body recomp?
What are noobgains?
What is trenbolone?

Welcome to Veeky Forums they know absolutely nothing about fitness only about power lifting.

>say something retarded
>HURR BURDEN OF PROOF ON U
tell your gf she should neck herself

wait I read your post wrong nvm
your gf is right, you should neck yourself op

Does she also belive in those toxic cleansing drinks you make at home?

That's what I meant retard. But how can u say protein builds muscle but amino acids don't that's fucking down syndrome logic

look kid; I'll make it simple.

1 brick =/= Wall of bricks.

./thread ; OP the answers are in there, and stop involving your gf you sound like a beta ass pussy.

by the way, they should make autism proof captchas.

Ive read this exact thread 100 times on Veeky Forums before.

Giving you a serious answer here, of course it's possible, and I have done it so many times, I'm actually doing it since 15th of December last year: results on the 15th of January: from 87.9 kg to 86.5 kg, all lifts up, some by 30%, smaller waist and ass, bigger arms, quads, forearms, neck, shoulder and chest circumference. Only beta male fuckboys can't do it. Just cycle your carbs.

can i run my carbs? i dont do much cycling

>Aminoacids do not build muscle, proteins build muscle.

I'll make it simple for you.
A building (muscles) is made out of walls (portein) which are made out of bricks.and mortar (AA)

The building is made out of brick and mortar

Proteins are made up of smaller building blocks called amino acids, joined together in chains.

they are not delivered yet andits JD in town

Yes, it is possible.

The higher your BF% and the lower your fitness level the more effective it is.

That said the most effective way to lose weight is to target the weight and protect your muscle mass. Your body will burn muscle for fuel and under many circumstances it will chose to burn muscle over fat.

The most effective way to gain muscle is provide your body with more calories and protein than it needs within healthy limits.

The problem is simply that people do no plan correctly and have unrealistic goals and expectations.

I know the exact works outs and general weight I will be lifting for the next 12 weeks and the surplus or deficit in calories I plan to eat. I also have a much more general 6 month plan (goals) along with a 1 Year (goals) and 5 Year (goals). If you don't why the fuck not.

>us standards

Lmaoing at you're life, shitty students in germany fly over to finish their degree safely if they wasted all but one attempt since you give them out for nothing.
You even praise our retards for their intelligence, american universities are a laughing stock in germany.

This is called body recomposition and it takes time but is achievable. Eat high protein and low carb at maintenance and train your fucking face off.

enjoy your processed Chinese duck feathers. Yes, that is where many BCAA's from china come from.

>>"this again? you dont know everything about fitness and nutrition user dont be a know it all"

dyel detected lamo

rekt

Scooby said it is possible as "noob gains"

youtube.com/watch?v=nuHOdahzkUY
I think Mark Lobliner has the best video on this where he explains it is possible but you're not going to get optimal fat loss or muscle gain. Athlean X better explains the science of why it's possible but I think he fails to stress that it isn't going to give you the optimum results compared to bulking/cutting.

if you are a skinnyfat dyel then you can lose a lot of fat and gain a lot of muscle at the same time anyone who says otherwise is retarded. When you've been lifting a few years it's going to be much harder but still possible.

it's all about maintaining a POSITIVE NITROGEN BALANCE

No science just real life.

After I lost most of the fat I didn't gain muscle and lost fat simultaneously. But when you're overweight and never consistently worked out in your life you make some good gains while tightening the skin.

>187
>6'2
>190 lbs
>not even close

6'0 is not 6 ft? I'm not american

I might be heavier now I haven't weighed in months, same bf.

>wanting to autistically win an argument at the expense of your girlfriends ego

This is why you retards can't get along with anyone. The only way to "win" an argument is not to be in one.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protein_metabolism