Stuck on 35lbs dumbbells on biceps for 2 months

>Stuck on 35lbs dumbbells on biceps for 2 months

What the fuck am i doing wrong?

What reps and sets are you doing? I'll help

bicep curls?!?!
what the fuck are you pring on curls for ??!?!
go for the pump. get swole. work on your deadlift!!!

?
Around 10 reps 3-4 sets of 3 isolation execises.

Ok. Do the exact same thing with 40lbs dumbbells

If you hit failure before 10 reps then that's ok. Just take your 60 seconds rest or whatever and then move on to the next set.

Keep doing that until you can do the full 10 reps. Ta-da... It may feel embarrassing and hurt like hell but it's better than being stuck on 35lbs for another 2 months

focus on increasing the weight you use for big compound shit. biceps curls is like the icing on the cake and some even find them a waste of effort and recovery. just because you're stressing the muscle in an isolated fashion and getting sore doesn't mean they will grow from that.

You are doing 12 sets of curls? Hahahaha

Are cheat reps with absolutely awful form ok?

I tried increasing the weight and i was wobbling around using my back quite a lot after like 2 reps lol. But i still had soreness on my biceps

>hating on brosplits

Bet you look like a fridge

Don't fall for this meme...

After you leave noob gains phase this stops being true.

Just because you are progressing in compounds doesn't mean you shouldn't care about not progressing in isolations. Shit makes literally no sense.

Personally I've found focusing more on isolations for a month every so often helps me accelerate slowed compound progression due to addressing bottlenecks.

What does that have to do with brosplitting - it's simply retarded and you are seeing the results of it yourself.

Negatives really help

If it's really that big of a jump for you that form goes that badly that quickly, then maybe do a set of cheat reps at 40lbs and then go back to perfect reps with 35lbs for the rest of your sets.

That way you're at least getting a set in with the increased weight and the stability of form will come within about 2 weeks if you hit them twice a week.

Good luck brah. Don't listen to those hating on you for your ambition. They probably been lifting the same weights for the same reps for the past 6 months

Literally nothing wrong with it.

Isolation exercises>Compound

Yes, cheap reps are fine. Just try your best to control it on the way down, because that's where the muscle breakdown is greatest.

>Around 10 reps 3-4 sets of 3 isolation execises
God damn do you faggots even READ the sticky

10 reps = hypertrophy = muscle damage = muscle repair = muscle MASS size increase =/= muscle STRENGTH increase

If you want to lift HEAVIER you need to LIFT HEAVIER IN THE FIRST PLACE. Stop using 15kgs for 10 reps and do a weight above that for 5 reps instead

godfuckingdamnit everyone in this thread is stupid

Do this OP, it'll work for you.

For the last month, I was stuck at 115lbs on my OHP (5 sets 5 reps). Last week, I tried doing some at 125 lbs, then at 135 lbs (I could only do 3 reps total) then reduced back to 125. Thought I'd be doing that for a few more weeks.

Today, I said "fuck it", and started off right away at 135. I did all 5 sets perfectly, felt super great and happy and pumped after.

You'll get there user. Just break that barrier.

Undertaker looked like fucking shit at the Rumble, they need to let him rest in peace.

This isnt your blog stop talking about yourself

>HURR IM GONNA LIFT THESE 2LB WEIGHTS 10000 TIMES AND GET STRONG YO

No. Stop. Kill yourself.

>12 Sets of isolation exercises for a tiny muscle is reasonable

I am sometimes not sure if they average Veeky Forums poster is any more knowledgeable than the average casual gym goer.
I suppose not.

Can't tell if you're trolling or not.. But either way you're a fucking moron.

With hypertrophy comes strength, and with strength comes hypertrophy.

Yeah, there are optimum rep ranges.. but OP clearly stated he is working in the hypertrophy range and obviously wants to stick to it.... That doesn't mean he will continually grow larger muscles without ever gaining strength you fucking imbecile

He had a hip surgery recently but Vince is a fucking retard and doesn't care so he just throws him in the rumble.

He will probably be fine by Mania

Mass drives strength. The effective range for increasing strength is basically 60-85% 1rm. Which is pretty clearly the range most 10 rep sets are going to take place in.

>I want X!
>Do Y!
You're retarded. Doing hypertrophy when you want strength is fucking retarded as shit. We know what improves strength, its lifting heavier weights not lifting lighter ones for more reps. Thats why bodybuilders and strength builders have COMPLETELY different routines. No shit you gain a bit of both when you do either but one is far more effective than the other for its goals fuckface.

Please end yourself.

I don't think a natty is gonna grow huge biceps from curls or anything really. i think it's silly to chase the pump if you're not on roids. I'm not trying to be a dick, if it works for you then more power to you dude.

Volume is the key to growth.

Ever hear any competitive bodybuilders at literally any level say they only work biceps for 3 sets? No? Didn't think so.

Go train like that and watch yourself make zero fucking progress.

>thats why bodybuilders and strength builders have completely different routines

That's right. And both methods gain strength.

OP wants advice on gaining strength within his hypertrophy routine because he has stalled.

I've gave him advice that is tried and tested and works within a hypertrophy routine.

Some retards join the thread and shout about how if he wants to ad 5lbs (5 fucking lbs) to his curl he needs to switch to a power lifting method.

There are many retarded people in this thread, but I'm not one of them... Move along now.

You should probably notice then that every respected strength routine does a bunch of work in that lighter range and absolutely kills the volume. All heavy all the time tends to completely fail outside of beginners.

Stop trying to troll OP you fucking faggot holy shit

Ever hear of a natty competitive bodybuilder? No? Didn't think so.

The way you approach programming when you're natty is way different.

>That's right. And both methods gain strength.
Yes, and? One is better than the other though and strength training requires heavy weights not light ones

>Ever hear of a natty competitive bodybuilder? No?

Yes, I think I've heard of it... :)

The approach is the same. Albeit less extreme.

Stop thinking you know something because you've read the sticky and drank excessive amounts of milk.

At which point did OP say he wanted to train for strength? Please tell me.

What I read is that he wanted to increase weight in one of his isolations because he stalled.

If he came in here telling us he wanted the quickest way to achieve 3plate bench then maybe your advice would be useful.

you do realize you quoted the first sentence of that post, ignored the rest and wrote "and?"

the "and" is the rest of the post lmao wtf is going on in this thread

Op here you are right, thank you all for your advices :)

No

>using a roided walking pharmacy to deduce how to train as natural

Yes, volume is key to growth and guess what: doing too much volume is just as bad as doing too little.

How much is too much how little is too little

12 sets for a tiny muscle is too much, that's for sure.

I'm using my experience as a natty bodybuilder, but whatever.

>using a sticky on an imagine board to deduce how to train at all

But overtraining it will not do anything bad.

Better too much than too little.

Your anecdotal evidence is absolutely worthless.

I haven't ever heard of a single case where someone couldn't develop a visually pleasing biceps.
No matter how retarded he trains.

I mean, your visually pleasing biceps is what you use as proof to needing that much volume, right?

>overtraining will not do anything bad

That depends way too much on the actual situation.
If his biceps doesn't recover from one session to another it will not properly grow.

In reality, you are probably just wasting your time doing ridiclious amount of sets.
But maybe, like in the case of the OP, you are also holding back your strength gains.

I don't even understand what you're talking about...

I've heard of countless cases where people struggle to develop a visually pleasing bicep lmao. It's probably the most common problem of your average gym goer.

Do some fucking hammer curls and progress on those for a while. It'll thicken your pythons and help you increase your curls for girls. Hit that bicep brachial and forearms a little bit.

That's why the average casual gym goer always poses infront of the mirror with a flexed biceps, takes pictures of them and then uploads it on IG or FB?
Because they do not like the way their biceps look?

Their biceps being the focus of their training doesn't mean that they are having a hard time developing them. It means they like the visual change they made through noob gains and now they want even bigger arms.

Needless to say none of them ever get bigger arms, because despite doing all the drop set and super set bullshit they see their favorite fake natty do, nothing ever grows much.

Which is a combination of natural limits and retarded lifting.

YOU FUCKING DUMBASS,the weight you lift on isolation exercises is irrelevant.Keep doing the same weight and focus on increasing the sets or reps.Once you can do at least 15 reps on your first set and at least 10 reps on your 4th or 5th set THEN you're allowed to increase the weight slightly and start all over again,doesn't matter if now you can only do 3 sets of you 6,just shoot to increase your reps and form.
True growth comes from heavy compound lifts in the 5-8 rep range.

> ITT: Veeky Forums proving that nobody who posts here actually lifts

>the guy that just insults everyone without ever making a single argument

The best

> whole thread of bro sceince, conflicting information, and just plain retarded advice
> hurr durr you didn't explain in minute detail why I'm retarded

why do autists do this

Make your statement then you fucking pussy.

You are literally too scared to call something out in specific and explain why.

Why do people on the autistic spectrum call normies autists for not thinking the exact same way as them?

>inb4 I'm the autist

OP, ignore the absurd amount of NO U in this thread and do this. Only sane advice is to do another variation of the same lift for a while when such small muscles are concerned.

>I cant lift this heavy thing!
>Do this, it helps with lifting heavy thing
>DONT DO THAT HE DOESNT WANT DO THAT REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Then what is your statement, rippetoe?

Don't pussy out and tell us

>hurr durr i call people out on being retarded
>this somehow makes my knowledge superior

>indian/shitskin cares about the weights of his dumbbell curls

Let me guess, you have 10 inch arms and a 40+ inch waistline muffintop?

don't be shy, we all know you shitskins are genetically predisposed to that (and wearing jeans in the gym and smelling awful).

the faggot doth project too much, methinks