Daily meal prep

Hey Veeky Forums are some of you just so sick of eating the same thing or spending hours in the kitchen one day a week? I am. Too fidgety, probably ADHD.

I prepare my lunches for the next day straight after I finish eating dinner. That way I can be more sure of what I feel like instead of just "boiled chicken and rice" every day. It stops the urge to have a sneaky meat pie or burger.

Anyone else do this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CyLnibDlcjM&t=5s
youtube.com/watch?v=1w1da3wdTjk
youtube.com/watch?v=zBnZPJJ2QG4
youtube.com/watch?v=q0ty7KiFJlI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You don't have to eat plain food. Just learn to cook and you'd be surprised at the things you can eat.

Cooking a weeks worth of food is the lazy mans way.

I stopped with meat pies at work
If i have to ill get a servo sandwich,

no. Go Vegan

>meat pies
>servo

>dude who lives in the upside down part of the world detected.

I don't think jaundiced is a natural skin tone. Sorry.

Yeah I should stop, but I'm also bulking so I figure it's not so bad. What type of sandwich? I normally go egg and lettuce if I'm picking one up.

lets see some evidence and logic?

you got any?

> Be me
> Prepare meat for 3-4 day in bulk, roughly 30 minutes with a LARGE skillet
> Use omelets/tuna cans as backup
> Every Meal prep time is (while cutting) canned veg (spinach, peas, beans) , cut an avocado, tomato or other veg, add fats (cheese, nuts, cream) - 5 mins max per meal.

> All_macros_are_hit.jpg

The key is to find good combinations of ingredients that taste good , require low prep time and you look forward to eating.

> TFW you spend more time washing dishes than actual prep.

or just eat fruit & veg no cooking no prep win win

And to finish this point, ate exactly the same thing for 3 months straight day in day out. Tasted great, looked forward to every meal.

Indeed user, however... when you are cutting you really need to play tetris with your macros. Sometimes there's no room for fruit.

no room for fruit what

srs tho u joking

For cutting and if you do something like low carb, fruit is the first thing to go. It really depends on your macros.

Of course it's an edge case, but it exists. Just sayin'

come on man no body got fat eating fruit

cut the fat not the sugar

You try cooking when you commute, work, train, have a social life, a wife, kids and parents to spend time with and juggle inbetween with your PhD.

I meal prep because it's easier and I can just pop it in the microwave and hey presto I have my food, get back to doing work and save the precious time I'd otherwise spend daily cooking with family/friends.

But for those of you who don't work a ridiculous amount then it's fine. My PhD is cell culture based and cell cultures don't really look after themselves, the lab manager is only there for his projects, not mine. So you work as much as possible. 1 year to go until the thesis though... I hope.

So meal prep is good senpai, I've used it since I started 6 years ago and still do now. I cook meals with my wife now and then or my little brothers/sister, and I know how to cook a variety of dishes as I spent a lot of my childhood cooking.

You'd be surprised how useful meal prep is though for those who really need it.

you rich? mangos cost so much fucking money man.

yh its expensive but i value my health

fresh papias cost more

also meat is spensive

Nobody got fat by eating fat either, just exceeding calorie limits.

Mangoes cost £0.40 here lel

i tell u a secret

all calories are not created equal

no matter how much i eat i cant gain weight & i was former fatty

I did, because of my PCT. Fat will go to fat cells or be used for oxidation, eat less fat and expect less fat gains.
I've done numerous diets with high carb high protein when natural and low fat (just krill, fish, coconut oil & nuts at a low level), reaching 4000 kcals, in a +800 surplus, training 2x a day and made a +1kg fat gain according to MRI, and a +3kg increase in muscle mass within just under 3 months. Strength gains were meh/10, found them better with fat in my diet.

Buying fruit and veg by the piece is crazy in Quid-land...

i buy in bulk :D boxes and boxes

Smart guy

that looks so good ;____;

i have no money because i pay rent today

lol it was good only 1-2 meals tho

Am i the only one who genuinely dislikes sugar
Like i love starch but sugar is just cloying and tastes of nothing
Even flavoured whey and fruit are too sweet for me

but your body craves it

Not in my case
I get my carbs from pasta/rice

Even moderately sweet things just have that overbearing aspartame/condensed milk sweetness
Not a fan at all
I crave salt and meat more than sugar

i used to eat crap like this when i was 115kg im 75 now and i woke up

i don't even crave that horse shit any more

Hours in the kitchen?

Chili takes me 30 minutes flat to cook. 5 of that prep. 10 minutes of active cooking, and then 10 of letting it simmer.

Dinner takes me 5 minutes of active cooking thanks to my rice cooker. That thing is a fucking godsend. Steams my veggies. Cooks me my perfect rice. All I have to do is not burn my chicken.

>plastic containers

Enjoy the xenoestrogens, cancerogens and nerv damaging chemicals

/thread
anyone with a life and purpose will meal prep, if you're just some blob going through the motions in life, then you don't need meal prep as you have nothing better to do than cook. (no sarcasm, I'm in the same boat kind of, doing basic science research biomed)

you forgot about the contence

heart disease
cancer
1 poop a week

i'm sort of in the same boat, except I don't crave the stuff but I'll eat and enjoy it if presented to me. Basically how my eating is going, I only have 2 sources of sugar, my triple zero yogurt and the raisins I put in my rice. But if you tell me to give up meat? I'll probably kill you and eat you.

I also go outside, where I'm exposed to carcinogenic cigarette smoke, car exhaust fumes, and sunlight.

oh well in that case lap it up

>protein
>eat moderately
pff like i'd eat moderately to get 180g of protein from plants

wow so if i need 2000 calories to mantain my weight, i eat 1800 calories of pizza i'll lose weight, but if i eat 2200 calories of a well balanced diet but with a lot of fruits i'm gaining weight just because of 400 calories worth of apples and strawberries right?

eat all u like :D

you dont need 180g maybe half of that

half a pizza vg kg's of fruit

i don't need that much protein, but i'd rather bulk eating a fuckton of protein than carbs or fat

What can i do to replace brocoli i hate it

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I somewhat eat once a day. When I come back from work I cook a good healthy meal and munch away, keeps me full trough out my day. If cravings for a snack start to pop up I usually buy an orange or a salad. It been working miracles for me user.

Im not going vegan but there is hugh alternative tho.thx

i used to be the biggest meat & egg eater

come to the light

No. Go away.

just because you ignore it doesn't make it go away

How was it doing your PhD with a wife and kid? I'm starting in the summer and should he a dad by August.

Nervous and excited, not sure how to manage my time.

push your wife down the stairs thats 1 problem solved

go destroy someone else's planet with your eating habits

Because agricultural farming doesn't destroy thousands of hectares of animal habitats, right?

>implying changing the eating habits of a few million people will in any way, shape, or form have a noticeable effect on the destruction of planet

so this is a good reason not to change?

It's a counter to your argument for changing on the basis of environmental impact.

A good reason for not changing is that eating animals is a healthy and delicious way to get protein, nutrients, and calories.

you are wrong

you are old enough to know that

You are a liar and a fool. I can't believe you've made it this far in life doing as you do. kys

how where did i lie?

wasn't even my argument but you are still wrong..

if you can justify killing & torturing sentient being's for a sandwich that's up to you

I mostly prepare by soaking one or more of the following: lentils, beans, chickpeas, sunflowerseeds and or flaxseeds and then make something out of it in the morning, cut cabbage, carrots or whatever vegetables i have and mix it all to a sallad. I add some Golden Milk (mix of coconut oil, tumeric, black pepper and ginger. Highly recommend it. Works as food spice or mix it with water as an energy/anti inflammatory drink).

This is my lunch and/or dinner.
Im still developing and learning the food i eat but am leaning towards eating as raw as possible.

My workout meal is currently a banana mixed with flaxseeds, sunflowerseeds (or whatever seeds i have), psyllium and green tea. Gives great energy and is delish

its unnecessary

nice !!!

Both problems if you push hard enough

Torturing? Who said anything about torturing? I never torture any animal I eat.

Yes, I can kill sentient beings for a sandwich. I kill sentient beings every week. You ever kill a bug? Or a mouse?

My ancestors and I have been killing and eating animals for millions of years and I have no plans to stop now because you maintain a cognitive dissonance between the actions against a chicken, fish, or crab vs those against an insect or mouse.

>not eating the vermin you kill for bonus protein
Not gonna make it.

the animal suffers all its life then is murdered

youtube.com/watch?v=CyLnibDlcjM&t=5s

this ain't a fairy tale

& if you live in the usa its worse

youtube.com/watch?v=1w1da3wdTjk

i don't go around killing mice for food or fur

Just for you

I'm going to go buy caged eggs and animal meats, for every reply I will buy more giving my money to the industry, and believe me, money is of zero concern to my bank account.

thats nice honey i used to have that response too

do as you please, knowing you are wrong

That's another $100 of veal and eggs, thanks love

I go grocery shopping in about thirty minutes, how many more replies can I get :)

you the pink 1

I'm not going to stop eating meat.

waste of energy since mice have very little of either.

i love you sweet pea

This post I will dedicate $50 to pork and balut

Some lobster sashimi for me on this one

do it waiting for datestamp petal

like i give a fuck
people like to humanize animals, they can feel pain? yeah, but they don't feel sad, its not like cows have emotions like humans, the cows doesn't go like "oh shit, here i am again on my fucking cage, can't wait for me to run on the field for 30 min tomorrow, right bob?"

animals don't feel sad

are you for real

oh look here i am in my cage cant turn around and here comes the farmer that took my child

cows cry for days when the farmer takes their young

youtube.com/watch?v=zBnZPJJ2QG4

youtube.com/watch?v=q0ty7KiFJlI

More!

It's better to light one candle than sit in the dark.

:D

I live in the US and buy locally raised grass-fed beef from a farmer who has the cow butchered. I see the cow before I buy it, and my family eats half a cow each year (we buy the half cow all at once). So in all, 1 cow feeds two families, and over a lifetime my eating of beef will have killed maybe a dozen cows.

I have never seen any cow appear to be suffering, and the butcher does a good job as far as I know (I've never asked to witness it, but he seems like a non-sadist).

If your problem is that the animals are mistreated, then why are you telling us to stop eating meat? If that's really the issue, then you should be pushing us to call our congressmen to push for stricter controls and regulations on meat production and for better conditions for animals.

But the mistreatment of animals isn't really the issue, is it? The real issue is you want an issue which lets you can feel better than everyone about. You want to be the good guy, the moral guy, the one doing the right thing, and best of all you want to shove it in other people's faces so you can ridicule them and feel better about yourself.

Get off your fucking high horse you arrogant, moralizing piece of shit.

i dont understand this low carb meme? The only other thing you can eat is fat right? its not like youre going to replace all those carbs with protein that would be retarded

Not him but that makes no sense

When I cut I eat nothing but fat and protein.

All of my meals are 50% meat and 50% carbs. I don't eat any vegetables. How bad is that for my gains? I eat lots of fruits though.

And yet you still find time to shitpost on Veeky Forums, how admirable.

Anyone here ever meal prepped minced meat? How does it taste after being frozen / in the fridge?