Hey Veeky Forums do any of you have a varicocele...

Hey Veeky Forums do any of you have a varicocele? My doc found out I had one at 14 now I'm 18 and I'm wondering how it affects test levels. Will having the surgery bring my test levels up?

Other urls found in this thread:

urologytimes.modernmedicine.com/urology-times/news/modernmedicine/modern-medicine-news/varicocelectomy-leads-testosterone-increase-r
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yeah I have one, had it since about the same age and 24 now. It isn't noticeable and doesn't affect anything so I don't really care. Unless its massive I would just live with it rather than risk surgery down there if you don't need it.

It affects test levels though, that's what I' worried about.

Good PSA OP. Checked myself out. Thanks.

(I don't seem to have one).

Make sure you do it standing up, they disappear when you lie down.

Source? Doctor that found mine said it was totally benign and would have no effect, purely aesthetic

I'very had one since my late teens, and next month I'll be 30. Still have it. My doctor found it years ago and said not to worry about it. His exact words were, "I have a varicocele too and I have three kids"

I do worry about the test levels though, since I've always had a hard time making gains at the gym. The Internet is useless because some sources say it does affect testosterone and others say it doesn'the. The other thing to keep in mind is that most doctors arent thinking about weight lifters so you should remind him that you are concerned about how the varicocele might affect your lifting performance.

Same guy. I should also mention that mine is pretty significant, even to the point where my left nut (the one with the varicocele) is noticeably smaller than my right, which apparently is a common symptom. It's hard not to think it doesn't affect test levels when your testicle is literally smaller because of it.

I don't think I have that but my right testicle is like two balls squished together. Think of like a Venn diagram shape. My left nut is a normal shape/size. I've asked my doc about it and he said its normal, but I can't find any info on something like this. I'm pretty damn sure its not normal. Any anons have insight?

urologytimes.modernmedicine.com/urology-times/news/modernmedicine/modern-medicine-news/varicocelectomy-leads-testosterone-increase-r

Had one last year. Went to two doctors. They both said a surgery is not needed because it´s a very small varicocele. It dind´t affect my gains, still a 6 foot 3 arian master race guy

Heh, get ready for fucking huge varicose veins past 25, OP.

Oh and I thought I was sterile until I knocked up some chick. Your nuts are probably full of swimmers, OP.

I wish this is my case too. I'm 25, had it since I was 18 i think. Gonna have a check in a few weeks, I have it on my left nut too, they are the same size tho. It doesnt give me pain, it just looks bulgy and weird. Kinda worried about fertility, not too worried about test levels since I'm making decent gains, growing a fairly decent beard already and have chest hair.

Having an surgery down there spooks the hell out of me.

Epididymal cyst maybe

I have one, feels like a small third ball attached to my right one.

Saw a urologist about it -- nothing bad about it aside from discomfort. I could have surgery to get rid of it, but the urologist told me there's a tiny chance of the surgery damaging the tubing in my nutsack so I declined.

>67 men who underwent varicocelectomy to treat infertility and/or hypogonadism
>The majority of men underwent bilateral varicocelectomy
You are reading too much in to this. Not only is it a small sample size, but the people undergoing the procedure in that study are doing so for extreme cases. Bilateral means both, so it will be having a much more substantial impact on the testes to be considered for surgery, and it was causing medical problems.

If your doctor wasn't worried and it is only on one side, you shouldn't have anything to worry about. Now stop making excuses and go and make some sick gainz

Also this:
>Although the change in serum testosterone level was not statistically significant among patients with moderate (grade 2) unilateral left varicoceles, an increase of 61.1 ng/dL was observed.
Statistically insignificant = you have nothing to worry about

that's an awfully dark penis, user.

>are you trying to tell us something ?

I'm 32 and never knew I had that shit until 2 years ago thanks to a thread on Veeky Forums

Doctor has never said anything, tho he's also never grabbed my balls before.

but what about that time you got a prostate check and he put both his hands on your shoulders as he stood behind you ?

>confess now.

Btw my left ball sack is giant because of it. Feels like a bag of spaghetti down there.

I get random pains there like 4 times a year that last a day or 2. Dull soreness like the after effects of getting punched in the balls. Never had any issues.

My test is upper 400s, not great but not medically "low".

Haven't had my asshole checked either.

Guess it's about that time for my age soon?

Do you have a lump above your ballsack? Could be a hernia, I would get that checked out. Varicoceles should be painless

I had the surgery and i couldnt really tell a difference. I couldnt work out for about a month but i think it was worth it so i dont have infertility issues later

>Heh, get ready for fucking huge varicose veins past 25, OP.

How do you figure? Something like 1/5 dudes has a vericocele, most don't have vericose veins. This is coming from a dude who is prone to them and has a vericocele.

Depends.... most men don't need a colonoscopy until about 50 -- perhaps earlier if someone in the family died of cancer (such as my Dad, 2004).

Nowadays, the 'oscopy is very smooth and easy. It's almost like an assembly line. Worst part is the preparation. You drink this lemonish brew which totally cleans out your entire digestive system in about 4 hours. Don't use TP to clean up --- use a washrag. Trust me.

>Throne Room Fun

Had one since around 14, now 24. Don't have any reason to believe it's affected my testosterone levels. I won't be trying to get it fixed via surgery, doctor didn't think it was an issue.

Scary at the time of diagnosis though, thought they were gonna give my bollocks the chop. I've been permanently paranoid about a million different cancers since then.

I don't even know it's a mess down there

It feels more like things are twisted around. It's a very dull pain like 2/10. As if I rode a bike too long. It's seriously been like that for as long as I can remember. Just comes and goes sometimes.

I've always known my left nut was basically just a pile of spaghetti

Now I know why

Thanks fit

Yeah I've had this since like age 14 and I'm 27. Only just learnt this now. My left testicle like double the size of my right. Always had low test growing up too. Fuck. Why don't they teach this in schools

I have one on the left side and i gives me pain sometimes, especially when wearing tight underwear/jeans. Went to the doctor and have an appointment to make a xray because I have varicose veins in one leg and i am only 22. The varicose veins in my leg are visible on the surface and i got an operation but they got back again and now the insurance doesnt cover any operation because they see it as a cosmetic operation even if i have pain there. I think lifting isnt really helping because it gives alot of pressure on my legs and that is not good for the veins i guess

>varicocele
mind explaining what that is in normal speak?

I have a varicocele, and Im almost 100% certain that Im suffering from slightly lowered T levels because of it. Doctors in my country laugh it off though, but when i said that I was thinking of conceiving they said that I could have it treated.
Sadly somewhere they fucked up and after 45 mins of a doc shoving a wire up a vein in my groin it turned out that it was some kind of unusual varicocele that couldnt be fixed intravenously. So now if I want to have it fixed Ill have to go full anaesthesia/surgery and so far Ive been reluctant to go that route.

Men who have higher estrogen levels tend to get more varicose veins. Also varicocele is bad for testosterone and sperm production because it makes the testicles warmer than normal. I'd get that fixed, it is not a complicated surgery.

>varicocele is bad for testosterone
OH NO!
>sperm production
OH YES!

wait I also had that surgery, Sweden?

i have it too, my left nut is smaller because of it

I had one and hat it surgically removed at age 20 (abdominal artery cut), noticed nothing different in regards to lifting...

It'll be a hydrocele or a epididmal cyst. Get it checked out though, it's only a 3 minute ultrasound.

Source: Me. Lost left testicle and had epididimal cyst on right testicle. And yes my test is perfectly fine and I lift 4 times a week.

how'd you lose your left testicle?

>have lumpy stuff on one of my nuts
>go to urologist to get it looked at
>sitting in exam room
>urologist walks in
>shes a relatively young blonde legit 8/10
>she tells me to stand up and remove my pants
>she literally kneels on the floor in front of me and starts rubbing my balls and asking me questions
>takes everything within my power not to get rock hard
>she says i just have a variocele and there's no problem
>all i can think to say is "yeah?"
>she gets up and walks out while i zip up

You guys never prepared me for this

I've had one since teenage years. Was recently diagnosed with low T. Now on Test Cyp. so it's a win in my book. Blast and cruise for life.

IT doesn't affect test lvls, i even did some exams to check my test lvls after a varicocele surgery and they were fine. My doctor also cound't find any source to prove it affects test lvls, also DO THE SURGERY, it helps a lot.

just get hard and make no big deal out of it.
>sorry, but having a woman touching my parts while kneeling down brings up certain reactions
worst thing that can happen is she'll tell you that it happens every once in a while and it's alright, best thing that can happen is she'll suck you off on the spot.

Yeah looking back i should have just gotten rock hard

At the time it seemed disrespectful, because autism

What is google?

I've had one on the left testicle since around 16. 10 years later it's still the same. Never bothers me. But I do worry it might make me infertile. Fuck surgery.

I have a varicocele on my left. Mine hurts frequently and is rarely debilitatingly painful. I'm still waiting to see someone because fucking holidays man. Aiming for the surgery special.

I've read that it can affect test levels. Esp if the affected testicle is smaller than the other

Are these constantly there? I noticed that when I masturbate for significantly longer periods of time without release my testicular cord feels alot like Varicocele, but it dies down in an hour or two.