Is leg press a meme?

Is leg press a meme?

I've tried it a few times and it feels like there's huge potential to snap your back up on them compared to squats if you're not careful.

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s08oV7bWXquc
bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/squat-versus-leg-press-for-big-legs.html/
youtube.com/watch?v=I_2JPn6gbKM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They are a gimped version of squat basically.
You can still add leg press to your program as squat assistance tho.

I hit the leg press after I do squats. Really seals the this will hurt in the morning juices.

>N-nah u dont look naked in those hehe brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrpppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

I dunno about all that, I just came in here for the fart posters

BBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

snnnnniiiiiiffffffffffff...oh yes my dear....sssnnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiiffffffff....quite pungent indeed...is that....dare I say....sssssssnniff...eggs I smell?......sniff sniff....hmmm...yes...quite so my darling....sniff....quite pungent eggs yes very much so .....ssssssssssssssnnnnnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiffffff....ah yes...and also....a hint of....sniff....cheese.....quite wet my dear....sniff...but of yes...this will do nicely....sniff.....please my dear....another if you please....nice a big now....

BBBBBBRRRRRRRAAAAAAAPPPPPPPFFFFFFFFLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPFFFFFF

Oh yes...very good!....very sloppy and wet my dear....hmmmmm...is that a drop of nugget I see on the rim?...hmmmm.....let me.....let me just have a little taste before the sniff my darling.......hmmmmm....hmm..yes....that is a delicate bit of chocolate my dear....ah yes....let me guess...curry for dinner?....oh quite right I am....aren't I?....ok....time for sniff.....sssssnnnnnnniiiiiiiiffffffff.....hmmm...hhhmmmmm I see...yes....yes indeed as well curry......hmmm....that fragrance is quite noticeable....yes.....onion and garlic chutney I take it my dear?.....hmmmmm....yes quite.....

BBBBBBRRRRRRRRPPPPPPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTT Oh I was not expecting that…that little gust my dear….you caught me off guard…yes…so gentle it was though…hmmmm…let me taste this little one…just one small sniff…..sniff…ah….ssssssnnnnnniiiiiffffffffffff…and yet…so strong…yes…the odor….sniff sniff…hmmm….is that….sniff….hmmm….I can almost taste it my dear…..yes….just…sniff….a little whiff more if you please…..ssssssnnnnnniiiiiffffffffff…ah yes I have it now….yes quite….hhhhmmmm…delectable my dear…..quite exquisite yes…..I dare say…sniff….the most pungent one yet my dear….ssssnnnnniiiifffffffffffffffffffffff….yes….

vocaroo.com/i/s08oV7bWXquc

>Stall on squat
>Don't squat for 4 weeks
>Only do lunges, hamstring curls, calf raises
>Try squatting again
>New PR

Squat is great for testing strength but not for building it

I dunno, but I've added leg press to my routine after regular squats started hurting my hip joint.

Fuck leg press its where panzies say thwy can fucking leg press x plate. Go do hack squats if u need accessories or more squatssss

Leg muscles almost don't suffer from absence of exercises. Hell, you can do squatsfor one month once every 3-4 month and forget about it and you won't lose any strength.

Squat
>builds quads
>builds hamstrings
>builds glutes
>builds lower back
>carries over to deadlifts
>carries over to physical activities outside of the gym

Leg-Press
>builds quads
Copy paste this to the next retard that claims "Leg Press is all you need bro" and that "Squats are overrated".

You're are actually retarded.

Have you ever done leg press?
And every thing you do in the gym carries over to the real world.
Why in the fuck would anyone waste a single solitary second doing any of the fucking bullshit workouts if it wasn't somehow enhancing their lives?

Why push dogmatic strength training on people who want to exercise to improve their lives?
Hoping that other people will prop you up for being a true exercise afficianado?
Misery loves company?
Shilling?

No, they're kinda right.
The MED for maintaning strength is once every 7-14 days.
BUT if you live a life where you actually have to use that strength doing day to day activity then it won't be fully lost at all and you can in fact train heavily once a month to rebuild or maintain it.

Unless you lift as a hobby and are completely sedentary and do fuck all outside of playing around in the gym.

Maybe I am autistic but for me leg press is most satisfying exercise, always surprises me what weight you can move with legs compared to fucking hands

We get it, you don't want to squat. Stop trying to push your bullshit about them being replaced by Leg-press, you just look ignorant and silly when you do that.

I am not trying to shill squats, I don't care if you don't squat. All I care about is people spreading misinformation about leg-presses as if they're at all equivalent to squatting in anyway whatsoever, when it is 100% bullshit.

I'm not sure if you genuinely believe leg press is anything but a quad dominant exercise with no carry over to anything , or if you're just pulling at straws trying to convince yourself that it's basically a squat and has all the same benefits when it literally has only 1 of 6 benefits that squats give.

leg press literally eliminates the back

leg press is not a meme. you should do both, squat AND leg press

There's no reason to leg press unless you need additional quadricep development.

It's good for people with lagging quads compared to their hamstrings / glutes which is 1% of the population. Others are ignorant / lazy / pussy if they're choosing it over squats.

It's okay. You gotta have a comfy machine that fits you tho. Adjustable seats are the best. There's one that isn't adjustable at my gym that doesn't fit me right and I won't use it. The one at my HS was really good and I used to load pl8s and then let Skelly's ride on the pl8$

>Why in the fuck would anyone waste a single solitary second doing any of the fucking bullshit workouts if it wasn't somehow enhancing their lives?
Why does 99.43% of fitness industry even exist?

well from my personal experience during times when I did both I had better squat performance and faster progression than during times when I only did squats

I think leg press is better for gainz but only in the "big muscle" department if you get what I mean. doesnt train stabilizers and so on so leg press doesnt carry over to squat but it supports your squat by giving you more "raw power"

>skellys riding on plates
That sounds like an Iron Maiden album cover or something.

leg press does glutes 2bh

I never understood this.

yes. just do front squats after back squats for quads and you're good. forget that meme leg press shit

Fucking not clicking that

Let's see what Rippetoe has to say

>A leg press machine – the “Hip Sled” – is even less useful to a lifter who is already strong enough to squat. By restricting the movement of joints that normally adjust their position during a squat, this device eliminates the expression of your normal biomechanics. The leg press may be useful for geriatric trainees or for special populations that cannot effectively use the squat as an exercise. But it is particularly heinous for healthy younger people because it allows the use of huge weights and therefore facilitates unwarranted bragging by those who should be squatting. A 1000-pound leg press is as irrelevant as a 500-pound quarter-squat.

I do one legged press
Great for hypertrophy imo

Veeky Forumsards who think their personal anecdote applies to everything and can't even recognize causation

what the fuck

ikr. Most people on here are almost as dumb as monkeys.

Muh dick

which almost everybody needs, especially those with unfavorable leverages for squat (back will be a limiting factor well before quads are fully trained)

Sheiko programs, designed for powerlifters by a world class coach, often have leg press as an accessory

so no you're a clueless idiot

you're not allowed to say that on Veeky Forums, here we lift to impress anonymous strangers

leg presses can be equivalent or even better than squats for some purposes

>quad dominant with no carryover to anything

stronger quads are the single best way to increase your squat and will help you in literally any activity involving leg strength

the idea that hitting a muscle used in other things with more volume and making it bigger and stronger won't help with other lifts is completely asinine

bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/squat-versus-leg-press-for-big-legs.html/

Same here.

Squat
>builds quads best if you have favorable leverages, insufficient for those with unfavorable leverages
>builds hamstrings not anywhere near as well as deadlift variants
>builds glutes (yes, but so do deadlifts)
>builds lower back (yes, moreso if you have poor leverages, less so if you have good leverages and squat bolt upright with maximal quad involvement) but so does deadlift
>carries over to deadlift (eh, not anywhere near as much as a little more deadlift volume considering knee extension demands in conventional deadlift are pretty low - different for sumo obviously)
>carries over to physical activities (anything that strengthens the same muscles does this, you will not be squatting with a perfectly balanced barbell with spinning collars on your back in any real life circumstance)

Leg Press
>builds quads (yes)

also hits glutes a little

different tools for different purposes, there is nothing wrong with leg press

What other stuff do you guys do for legs?

I was thinking of just doing

heavy squats
light high reps high bar squats
RDLs
calf stuff

Is that enough or would you add in hack squats or leg press?

Is there less pressure on your back?

lmao

>vocaroo.com/i/s08oV7bWXquc
At the start she kind of sounds like Xev Bellringer

hahahahahahahahahaha

What is the world is going on in this pic, user?

What's everyone's opinions on Hack Squats?

fpbp

They're fine, easier on the back for most people. youtube.com/watch?v=I_2JPn6gbKM

I think it's way harder to hit your glutes on leg press. I can't do regular squat because my shit shoulder doesn't move that far back without dislocating, so I have to do a lot of press, and it is a struggle to hit my glutes without stressing my hip flexors.

I end up doing dumbell squats and such to assist.

Fwiw I've never once hurt myself squatting yet I've managed to injure myself twice doing leg press.

I don't even know how

My ass is always sore when I do dumbbell lunges after leg presses

don't do a leg press for glutes

it's a knee extension movement primarily, glutes are for hip extension

do deadlifts, deadlift variations, or GHRs

I find the exact opposite to be true. If I take some time off I feel like I need to start over on squats but my bench only loses a little.

>being this new

Fucking fantastic

a female made this? there are girls on Veeky Forums?

I wish I could do squats fully all the fucking time. Every time my hip fucks up.

And I also wish leg press machines were cheaper.

My arse and hams are probably going to blow by my quads. Is there any negative to this?

Females?
On a board mostly populated by half naked sexually starved and agressive masculine men in various stages of undress? A board where said men are emotionally open and even slightly bullying or overtly sexually agressive towards any female who's safe behind a wall of anonymnity on the internet?

BULLSHIT!

You both need to leave

Leg press hits the same muscles as squating except for the core. Hip flexion knee extension Hans glutes and quads

Edit sry hip extension