Human Experimentation In History

What are the worst or most interesting cases of human experimentation in history?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_731
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_MKUltra
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuskegee_syphilis_experiment
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_experimentation_in_North_Korea
youtube.com/watch?v=LiYZSKtZb7k
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demon_core
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Declaration of independence

That poor dude. They let his flesh melt off because they wanted to see what happens.

I wish you didn't show me that picture just now OP. ._.

newfag

There was nothing they could do. His atomic structure was falling apart. Study was the most beneficial course of action.

Not for him.

Who is this guy anyway? It's not Ouchi.

Euthanasia?

>Ouchi
Perfect name for that guy on OP pic

Owi

Did he die?

Looks pretty ouchi to me

T-this is all false r-right?

Why didn't they at least have the common courtesy to render the guy brain dead first?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_731

I read the whole Wikipage earlier. Going through some of the references.

USSR

Really the sleep experement?

His nerves were all but gone after a few days. Shit wasn't painful just tormenting.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_MKUltra

The conspiracy theories? Yep

Tuskegee syphilis experiment, while not absolutely the worst, takes the cake as one of the most inhumane.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuskegee_syphilis_experiment

They could let him go.

The creation of USA™

Wanted to post this.

can someone link some information about this

>Kwon Hyok, a former head of security at Camp 22, described laboratories equipped with gas chambers for suffocation gas experiments, in which three or four people, normally a family, are the experimental subjects. After undergoing medical checks, the chambers are sealed and poison is injected through a tube, while scientists observe from above through glass. In a report reminiscent of an earlier account of a family of seven, Kwon claims to have watched one family of two parents, a son and a daughter die from suffocating gas, with the parents trying to save the children using mouth-to-mouth resuscitation for as long as they had the strength.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_experimentation_in_North_Korea

Pff this isnt even bad

The Seth Rich one is a facebook-meme let down; the rest are genuinely entertaining.
kek

I had been trying to forget about this horror, OP.

t. CIA

I can’t remember the exact thing but it was a Japanese guy who had gotten a lethal dose of radiation in one of their plants by accident. He lapsed into a coma I think as scientists kept him alive because they didn’t know what was going to happen and see what did. What did happen is basically his flesh melting off his bones and organs failing.

That's generally what went on.

Guy was a worker in a nuclear plant (It might've been Fukoshima during its catastrophe, one of the guys who went down to prevent it from going critical, knowing that everyone who did was going to receive a lethal dose of radiation), basically got hit with enough radiation that it scrambled his DNA or some other function used for cellular repair. Remember that your body loses cells every day which are quickly replaced with new ones. The guy's body would attempt to replace the cells with new ones, but the "blueprint" for the new cells was so scrambled they simply couldn't form properly, instead just becoming an oozing, liquidy pus. The guy's body was essentially breaking down just as everyone's does, but without anything new replacing it, which resulted in his condition.

I remember reading that he asked to die multiple times, but the doctors wouldn't let him (I think someone cited a law in Japan that patients can't ask to be euthanized or similar, might be wrong.), because practically speaking they might never get another chance to observe such a particular case again and the insight it could provide to possible treatments in the future would be invaluable. Eventually, the patient's mental state degraded to the point where he was completely incoherent before he died.

The Tuskegee experiment is 100% real. Most of the other ones are tinfoil hat theories.

The OPs image isn't from the incident you're referencing.
The thing everyone is thinking of was the second Tokaimura criticality accident, and the person involved was a man named Hisashi Ouchi. He received a massive dose of radiation when he added too much of a fissile solution into a single container, I believe it was a U-235 solution. This caused a criticality accident and a blast of radiation that basically obliterated his chromosomes.
The book 83 days of radiation sickness details his treatment and death, he was relatively lucid until about 50 days in, after which he had a heart attack and upon resuscitation he was thankfully brain dead. One of his last statements was a plea for the doctors to stop treating him like a guinea pig. His last words were reportedly "Mommy, please..."
I am at work right now but after I can post some photos from the book.

They still made effort to keep him alive as long as possible, it's not like they just studied him until he naturally died.

This is what was left of his chromosomes. Look up human karyotype for comparison.

Holy fucking shit. It literally obliterated his DNA

Even his chromosomes melted
Maybe trannies should consider radiations

>It might've been Fukoshima

No this was the Tokoimura criticality incident and this is what happens when you try to enrich uranium with a bucket and a ladle.

His name was Hiroshi Ouchi.

youtube.com/watch?v=LiYZSKtZb7k

That's what happens when you're in a criticality accident. It happened to Louis Slotin and Harry Daghlian during the Manhattan project. The first responders at Chernobyl also had their chromosomes obliterated, and they died in a similar manner, though they all died far quicker than Ouchi due to medical technology not being advanced enough to keep them alive.
The primary cause of death is usually fluid loss, since the walls of blood vessels break down and the skin dies and sloughs off, and the body cannot keep fluids inside.
This is (I believe) an actual photo of Ouchi's torso, I am not sure how far along he was by this point, but I am quite sure he was alive at the time this photo was taken.

The cause of the accident wasn't quite that he was enriching it, but rather that he added too much solution to one container, which caused an uncontrolled runaway nuclear reaction. Too many neutrons flying around caused a burst of fission.

Keeping Ouchi alive was almost a point of honour for the doctors, along with being unwilling to simply give up and let him die. It's described far better in the book, if I had a decent scanner I'd upload a pdf for you guys.

I'm a little disappointed Veeky Forums. Ouchi and OP's picture have been brought up on /x/ many times, and always with the claim that the docs kept him alive 'to study him' or worse.

1/2

the doctors tried to save his life because that's what doctors are supposed to do. His family was with him.

Still, it's a horrible, horrifying death.

Is it not a correct claim? By keeping Ouchi alive, you've advanced the treatment of radiation sickness by quite a margin, which looking at from a utilitarian perspective far outweighs the suffering of a single man. It's cruel, cold math, and a sad, horrific tale, but one that was a benefit to society at large.

Also by keeping him alive, you've had a man who had to endure unimaginable pain and discomfort for the rest of his days, which naturally causes revulsion in anyone who reads it, despite the benefits produced.

What is the point of keeping someone like that alive? do you genuinely it would have been a good thing if they succeeded and managed to make him survive a few years?

Found this when I researched into /x/'s claims about Ouchi, particularly whether or not the picture in OP's post is actually him.

this picture is Ouchi >pic related
another radiation exposure death, perhaps Fukoshima. Sadly, I didn't save more info and I don't read Japanese.

Kill him obviously this is torture

Doctors aren't allowed to let people die, is the thing. I believe the Slow Death book I posted gets into the ethics. (If we know now that we aren't saving someone from exposure like that, then decisions can be made for hospice care instead.)
Advanced directives and doctors ordering treatments according to patients' wishes vary from state to state and I don't know how they do it in Japan.

I think that the doctors were just doing what they thought was best. And I'm sure they were treating his pain as best that they could. And from what I've read, his family was not only present, but they all for them doing all they could to save him.

they *were all for them

When I remember reading on it last, I think someone said there was a law in Japan that requires doctors to provide care, and even in the states, outright euthanasia is illegal. Even if the patient wished to die, the doctors can't give it to him.

Personally, I think they should've granted him his wish, I don't know if you could say it's obvious his condition wouldn't improve, but in my opinion, the right to die is something that should be innate to all men. I understand though that cases could be made for preventing it, such as stopping a patient with severe depression from committing suicide.

I still find that kind of fucked up.

fractional reserve banking is real, not like it's a secret

I work in healthcare (hence my interest in the Ouchi case), and I agree with you. As a nation we're a long way from Right to Die laws, I'm afraid. But the good news is, is that doctors and nurses, when they see patients have reached a point where they aren't going to get better, will talk to families about hospice options.

I'm 39 and my family doctor gave me paperwork on how to fill out a living will (for me and my significant other) at my last appointment.

If you guys don't want to be kept alive if you're in a similar situation, make your living wills now and hope that your state is one that follows advance directives. (some states will overrule a patient's wishes in honor of those of a family member or power of attorney, as far as I know. It's been a long time since I looked into this, and things in healthcare change often - just sharing what I know.)

bonus trivia, just for Veeky Forums - Catholics tend to be the families/patients that want the works (fluids, IV meds, tube feeds, artificial respiration, etc.) until the bitter end. "where there is life there is hope". I watched a team do CPR on a 93yo woman, hearing her ribs crack in the bed... awful stuff.

it's different with younger patients though. they tend to be far more resilient, and people DO come out of comas...

If anyone of you is still in college and this sort of stuff interests you, I highly recommend taking a medical ethics course.

I'ev got a copy of this book and i'll scan some of the images it has, but what you say is correct about the idea that the doctors were research fanatics. Though there was questioning whether or not his treatment should continue.

"What is this person here? Not who is this person, but what is this person. His body is here. And it's not a pretty body, it's falling to pieces. All it has is these ,machines connected to it. We nurses, we deal with this body. We do one thing after another to maintain this body, maintaining cornea that are about to dry out, covering skin that's about to fall off. We had to constantly carry out all these steps. What exactly am I doing this for? I don't particularly want to protect his cornea. I had to remind myself, I'm doing this to protect Mr. Ouchi, otherwise I couldn't bear all the treatment. Without reminding myself who Mr. Ouchi used to be, I couldn't find meaning in what I was doing. It was a tough period.

Not the guy you're responding to, but thank you for the information, user. I found it quite insightful!

Op sucking his first dick

Holy shit it literally is a bucket and ladle. What the fuck were they thinking?

You're retarded, they did no such thing. Doctors can't decide whether or not to keep the dude alive, the fucking family didn't want to lose their son so they said to keep his ass on life support and the doctors followed the family's wishes.
Also, that picture isn't even him, he didn't lose his fucking leg in the accident.

thank you, user. As I mainly lurk here and don't often post, your words are appreciated.

>Also, that picture isn't even him, he didn't lose his fucking leg in the accident.

I searched the whole internet to find one credible source proving the photo was Ouchi and there isn't one to be found. The picture is everywhere with unsupported claims that it's him fucking everywhere, though.

thanks user
nice of you to take the time to share pictures from the book written on Ouchi

That's the last image this book has, hope y'all find this interesting

>Ouch

NEVER FORGET THAT WE ARE JUST MEAT FOR THIS PLANET

The picture from OP is a guy who was involved in a metal foundry accident.

oooh neat have any more info on it?

did he died?

Greed to the max (in the case of the USA)

>Doctors aren't allowed to let people die, is the thing

Bullshit. In my country doctors can explicitly assist people in dying. They didn't want him to die because it was interesting or useful for them from a medical point of view, not because of some magic rule.

Read up on Dr Euan Cameron's experiments with human memory at the Allen Memorial Institute in the 1950s and 1960s. Cameron was given free rein to take people who were admitted with a wide variety of mental illnesses, and wipe their memory using ECT, anti-depressants and LEAD. He would then attempt to implant new memories back into the person, so as to create a 'better' person.

Tips fedora

Hiroshi Ouchie indeed

No he was fine, he has a wooden leg now though.

Actually laughed out loud
Also when I used to go on /k/ for some reason they’d always post the incredible dissolving man along with this en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demon_core
Another bad nuclear laboratory accident

That was a fake creepypasta started on /x/

Le hilarious reddit CIA mamay

This is from the Tokaimura Nuclear Plant accident

Is your country Japan?

Woopsy!

The family wanted him kept alive so he was kept alive, you fucking koolaid-drinking faggot

I'm minoring in nuclear engineering, and I cannot for the life of me understand why such a smart man would do something so incredibly stupid

The russians tested poisons and shit on gulag prisoners

Basically, he got too confident for his own good.

HOW HAS NOBODY MENTIONED MENGELES EXPERIMENTS YET

He stitched twins together to try to make siamese twins for fucks sake! He injected dye into peoples eyes to turn them blue

Has /pol/ so infected this board that even mentioning a nazi scientist invokes cries of "never happened"?

>ouchi

Tell me about the demon core

Damn. Humans are truly creatures of evil design.

he's pretty much on his own planet, it's like interrupting a thread about guitar players to tell everyone about this guy named jimi hendrix.

Story?

Can slightly confirm. Think I heard it in a highschool economics class.