Girlfriend can't lose weight after getting off Nuva Ring

Alright /fit I need some fucking help.

My girlfriend used to be DTF like crazy. Like she would wake me up in the middle of the night to take care of business. She got on Nuva Ring because she wanted me to be able to fuck without a condom on.

Anyway so after she got on Nuva Ring, it absolutely destroyed her sex drive. Like I'm convinced that the reason it's 99% effective is because it is a total fucking cock block.

So she stopped taking it about a month ago so she would be DTF again and since then, she's gained like 10lbs.

We started boxing 4 days per week and I've lost like 15lbs in the last 2 months from it but she can't lose anything. At first I thought it was just that she was changing body composition and was losing fat while gaining muscle but there's no way that would happen for 2 months right? Like I don't think that could be contributed to noob gains could it? She eats less than 1500cal per day on top of that.

I'm starting to think that the Nuva Ring is to blame but most people observe weight gain when starting it, not when getting off of it. Any advice? Anyone else's girl gone through this?

Shes eating more than you think she is.

nah man, I'm making her meals every day. She doesn't eat much generally either and she's never had a problem losing weight until she got off of Nuva Ring. I just looked into it and a bunch of women have this problem apparently. I wonder if this is going to result in a huge class action suit. A ton of women feel like their lives are ruined because of this fucking ring from hell lol.

At most it'll cause water retention. Typically it wont cause you to gain weight by itself, but it does cause increases appetite.
It doesn't break the law of thermodynamics.

Eating extremely low calories will also make you store fat. It's a starvation defense from the body, if that's the case.

Either:
> A - She is eating more then she tells you. Snacking on candy or other bullshit that is quick to eat and easy to hide.

>B - she is eating way too low in calories and her body is storing fat to prepare for starvation.

That would be a retarded suit. Anyone who even slightly understands reproductive hormones will know that hormone based birth control is for whores who don't care about their body. It's the reason why whites have had such declining birthrates.

The extra levels of progesterone simulate a state of pregnancy which turns off both the female and a potential male mate. I don't have the time or the interest to explain college biology to you, but short story is that your girl fucked up her natural hormone secretion and now you have to deal with the husk. Meanwhile Sharquisha is on kid number 7 and still has the sex drive of a cat in heat.

Nice try

Is her sex drive still fucked? If so, see an endocrinologist

/thread

>He doesn't believe hormone therapy will fuck up your metabolism.

It wont be an impossible amount, and that doesn't mean it breaks the laws of thermodynamics. Just means shes needs to eat less or move more.

B for broscience

A is the only true reason.

Yeah this. My gf tried birth control for like a month and she hated the way it made her feel. Smart enough to get off that poison. Been happy ever since. Disrupting your endocrine system so you can fuck around without protection is absolutely degenerate.

Ah yes, the humans are automaton machine argument...
>Laws of thermodynamics
Yup we'll just strap on a supercharger and burn that excess fuel and you'll be good to go.

Put her on a deficit. 1000kcal a day, if she actually sticks to it for 100% she will lose weight if she doesn't you should patent her cause you've just found the source to unlimited free energy.
>She is definitely eating more than you think though no matter what you believe.

> muh thermodenemics
> muh calories in/calories out
> the calories on the package of food is exactly what it contains and how much your body gets out of it lads
> MFP is exact science

>people saying birth control is for whores etc
>tfw taking it because otherwise my periods would be so heavy any painful it would 100% interfere with my life and the birth control helps a lot

Actually yea, she has INSANELY bad cramps and had taken it when she was much younger for that reason because it was the only way to make them go away. Before she got on Nuva Ring, they were still pretty bad but she could at least go to work and function. On Nuva Ring, she has no cramps at all and so that was part of the reason but she's willing to go back to bad cramps as long as her sex drive and weight returns to normal. It just seems crazy that these endocrine disruptors are so fucking mainstream. Like how the hell did the FDA think that was sound? I can't believe I never looked into any of this shit before. Like we trust that doctors just have our best interests in mind.

it's not bait man. I'm serious. Why would this be bait? I honestly don't get the attempt. I mean I'm on /pol a lot and can always tell when someone is baiting but how is this considered a /fit-related baiting attempt?

dunno man my gf uses it too, her sex drive havent changed a bit

Welcome to the wonderful world of big pharma. Now ask yourself why steroids are illegal. Why weed and most hallucinogens are illegal but tobacco and alcohol are a-ok. Why anything considered a deviation from the standard, like high blood pressure or cholesterol, immediately gets meds prescribed instead of treating the underlying cause.

Ignore the autismo who head to Google image search the bait pic and posted just because he can't wrap his head around the fact that women might have a sex drive, OP.

>People actually believe metabolism will fluctuate 1000+- calories
You're looking at maybe a 100-300 calorie difference at most. While it does vary from person to person, typically it isn't a whole lot.

You're mentally weak then. And you're sacrificing your endocrine health for pain avoidance. Every other woman in history was tough enough.

>like high blood pressure or cholesterol, immediately gets meds prescribed instead of treating the underlying cause.
Yeah what the fuck was this shit
>go to doctor for general checkup
>high blood pressure
>try to get me on betablockers
>ask if I could do cardio to improve it over time and lower sodium intake/lost weight
>says that may help a little but not fix the issue
literally what, half a year later I'm down 60lbs and blood pressure is good.

Unless you're on meds that totally destroy the natural function of your body. Do you even understand the context of this conversation?

Just writing a note for pills is easier and good for their wallet, user.

Looks like a little medication is the cure to world hunger. Give it to the poor and they can safely eat 500-1000 calories a day while gaining weight for days they can't eat.

perfect plan

Ever heard of Bill Gates?

Go to a doctor retard. Fucking Americans

They can't, user. It'll bankrupt 'm.

for sure lol. I make $100k per year and can't afford my fucking premium. Thanks Obama.

Oldfag here. Had a gf who was on the pill for about 6 months when I was with her. She switched to a non-hormonal IUD because she was sick of dealing with the artificial hormones. After I wifed her up she got off the IUD and within two months she was pregnant. Baby #4 is due in 4 months. IUDs are the way to go. Highest rate of fertility once removed, and fastest average time to conception compared to all other regular birth control.

cool 9gag meme bro

Birth control using whores BTFO.

hormones are hard to fix if they get fucked up

Not a meme. Actually true. I'm American and we are dumb.

>>B - she is eating way too low in calories and her body is storing fat to prepare for starvation.
starvation mode is a myth made as excuse by lazy fat fucks you dumb retard

I'm in my final few months of nursing school, so I am not a professional by any means, but I do know that a decrease in progesterone can cause water retention. The Nuva Ring uses progestin (synthetic progesterone essentially) and estrogen. She could be retaining water while her body adjusts to not receiving progestin from the ring, though ten pounds sounds a bit high (but not out of the realm of possibility). Does she have any swelling or puffiness in her hands, feet, or face?

Make an appointment with the doctor and have her voice her concerns.

>we
No. You are dumb.

She's getting rawdogged by other guys, she's fat because they go out for food

>A bitch and her cuck is making excuses for why they can't lose weight

Don't forget 99% of people can't make a change of their habits

>implying girlfriends problems are your problems.
>shiggy diggy

How do you guys manage with three kids already?

She is consuming more calories than she is expending.

You cannot escape thermodynamics.

Tripe dubs don't lie

The body isn't a perfect pully or lever.

The body will slow down the rate of calorie burn and send out all kinds of hormones that will tell the body to STOP DOING THINGS SO YOU CAN MAINTAIN YOUR WEIGHT AND NOT DIE.
The former makes people(but women especially) lose slightly less weight which is discouraging as fuck and the latter makes peoples NEAT drop like a stone. And NEAT burns oceans of calories. I'm talking 1-2k a day of just low levels of minimum effort stuff done throughout the day.
Go on.
Look up how much 8 hours of walking at 2mph will burn.
Simply fidgeting burns a hundred or more calories per hour.

so you mean shes expending less calories than shes taking them in so shes not losing weight?

Your way of thinking would be 100% correct if the body was static, which..it's not because we have THOUSANDS of threads that talk about how to EMBIGGEN THE THERMOGENIC EFFECT or BUILD MORE MUSCLES

No, you and people who think like that are under the deeply flawed impression that the body itself needs no calories.
That the only calories that it needs is for movement or exercise.

So.... She's burning less calories than she's consuming?

yes
sure
why not

My gf is on Nuva Ring and her sex drive is perfectly normal, she didnt gain weight. I assume your girlfriend is eating behind your back and does not exercise enough

Hormonal birth control is awful.

I'm not a doctor, but my guess would be that those hormones possibly has an effect on your metabolism. After all, they trick your body into thinking that it's already preggo and therefore you won't ovulate. Hormones also affects your appetite. I'm fit, but during my periods I get hungry as hell and get all kinds of cravings.

When I was on pill, I got cellulite, felt hungry and grumpy all the time and put on weight. I was 17 at the time and didn't have access to shitty foods. (Lived home, ate normal food my parents used to prepare.)

I suggest that your girl gets an IUD. I have never felt any side effects really.

She's not trying hard enough.

maybe it didn't work and she is pregnant, ya dork

Trip dubs of truth.

On a related note, I had a GF on Nuvaring and she still wanted to fuck like 3x a day. I can't even imagine what she would be like if she weren't on it.

how the fuck does this shit even work? if it leaches chems into the hosts vagina wouldn't you get a dose from penis in vagina intercourse? if so it's an absolute gains goblin OP!

a ton of (((female online reviews))) feel like their lives are ruined because of this ring from hell

let's see hmm I wonder how much your penis would be able to absorb in the 5 minutes it's in there vs. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week up in that vagina for years

She is pregnant. Congratulations.

Fuck you

Honestly we're just so used to telling people to exercise and diet and them never, ever following through. You're like the 10th percentile user. Beta blockers for primary HTN is bs though, should given you calcium channel blockers or Spironalactone. BB's fuck up VO2 max.

All signs point to this. The ring is supposed to be the safest and most effective tool for contraception unless there's an allergic reaction. It's non-hormonal and non-invasive. She should consult a doctor.

Copper IUD my man. If she's got insurance get her one. Completely non hormonal.

Now you're getting a bit silly. Steroids are obviously illegal because they're still highly misunderstood and have life changing and serious detrimental effects. Steroids aren't the be-all-end-all of everything.

Weed, sure, that's silly. However it's being legalized as we speak. That president of yours is to blame for all that shit. Regan or whatever simply because he didn't like hippies.

And yes, you get meds prescribed because most patients will not DO what is necessary to prevent or lower things like HBP or cholesterol on their own. Which is why medication is prescribed. Look at most type 2 diabetes patients. It's extremely controllable by diet and exercise. Guess how many people actually give a shit and don't just want medication to do it for them.

Wait LOL I JUST REALIZED THIS

HOPE YOU'RE READY FOR DAD LIFE

Starvation mode doesn't exist you fucking retard.

I became a complete bitch on it and stopped after 5 weeks. Fuck that shit

You are a fucking idiot

>5 mins

beta detected

I'm on the Nuvaring and literally haven't had any sex drive for most of the past 5 years I've been using it. I thought there was something wrong with me.... I didn't know this was a known problem with it. Thats almost a relief to find out

DING DING DING

We have a winner. Better marry her and get a pre-nup OP.

my girlfriend started with the nuvaring, and have since no sex drive at all.

>implying going up 15lbs means your BMR is raised fucking 1000+cal

Going up 15lbs would only mean an increase of, yes, 100-300cal/day. That shit adds up.
Not to mention that a hefty amount is probably water weight.

> muh thermodenemics
> muh calories in/calories out
You're a fucking retard.

>Baby number 4
When is your family going on Jerry Springer?

Holy shit i didn't even think about it,shut it down.OP please screencap his, make her take a pregnancy test and follow up with us

>Stick shit up your vagina
>Have no idea what it does
Typical