There is no reason to weightlift in today's society

We are longer in a hunter-gathered society, "being fit" serves no purpose aside feeding your ego.

Other urls found in this thread:

phraktured.net/starting-stretching.html
phraktured.net/molding-mobility.html
strongerbyscience.com/genetics-and-strength-training-just-different/
instagram.com/p/BIDP0RsBOmt/?hl=en
twitter.com/AnonBabble

what's wrong with being selfish?

Id rather snag an attractive girl than a less attractive girl, so theres that

Strength is never a weakness.

Theres no point doing anything in todays society. You can just collect wellfair checks and never leave your shitty apartment. If you can live with yourself like that then do it. Atleast then we wouldnt have to look at you you fat smelly mongoloid

>wellfair

wew

>Theres no point doing anything in todays society
WILL TO POWER
I
L
L

T
O

P
O
W
E
R

Lifting is helpful to my job and has saved myself from injury many times.

Having a 80-100kg person jump at me doesn't impact on me as much since having the bodily strength to press 100kg and squat and deadlift over 200kg+ for reps.

I'd like to take "nihilism bait" for $400, Alex

sry lad. We call it benefits in my country. I did-nea know :(

Also in my country we aren't allowed to just pop a perp with the .40 at the slightest sign of danger, have to actually get physical first, so having strong lifts with the main compounds helps a lot

fuck OP in the ass.

There's a war coming friendo, and its better to be prepared, fit and ready, when it hits.

until you hit your 30's and suddenly you hurt al the time
and you're gonna hurt a lot more then since you put off training until then
start now and life will be ez st forever

>tfw only 25 and already experiencing this

I'm going to snag that Nietzsche
>if ya don't mind

it gets worse as you get older especially if you don't train
age related atrophy is a thing
training stops reverses the atrophy
the sooner you start the easier it gets

I had chronic neck and lower back pain all my adult life prior to lifting. It went away like magic. This alone makes lifting worthwhile to me.

You didn't drop from the sky, you're the result of millions of years of evolution and your ancestors used to carry shit around and do physical shit all the time. We still need to simulate that to a degree for our bodies to function optimally.

But my ego is hungry as hell.

Take it, it's all yours ;)

Yeah, I probably should. I tried doing some basic body exercises but I always gave up within a week because my body feels so stiff I can't perform them properly. Would these links from the sticky be a good start for someone like me? Like I said my body feels really stiff so it seems like stretching to make it more flexible would be a good idea before I start lifting?
phraktured.net/starting-stretching.html
phraktured.net/molding-mobility.html

Stretching works wonders for me to get into correct position for my lifts, especially the sumo deadlift and the bench press. What lifts do you experience mobility problems with?

My ego is almost as hungry as you are, Jumbo.

Life is about reproducing. Attractive people make more money. Money attracts women. Women are needed to reproduce.

No one wants to be fatass fatass

There's literally no reason to live, the world wont miss you at all.
Just kys then

you using steroids? is it possible to squat over 200 kg as natty? how much time did it take if you are natty?

> is it possible to squat over 200 kg as natty?
is this is a serious question?

>feeding your ego

if you do your hair or dressup you're feeding your ego

>is it possible to squat over 200 kg as natty
Fucking lol.

Achievable in 2-3 years as long as you're male and not in an ultra twink weight class, maybe less if you're a talentchad.

There is no reason to play games, drink alcohol, smoke weed, study anything unproductive at all and a bunch of other shit
We lift for fun, to better ourselves and improve health among many things

Sure, we dont need to hunt but that doesnt mean its pointless

>tfw don't bother wearing nice clothes anymore
>tfw already have 2 kids so my life purpose is accomplished

I've already succeeded at life by passing on my genes so I don't give a flying fuck about what I look like anymore

Ok, dont lift then

>ego

I guess you have a "job" sitting at a desk then? Even light manual work requires proper lifting form or you'll hurt yourself in the long run.

Ha, yeah totally bro, these stupid chads all think they can lift and get m'lady's, girls are only after fucking douche bags any way, heh heh. now back to le /r/atheism

Working out is modern couture.

Yes very.

hello, my property

>I've already succeeded at life
Lel'd

Back to

There's nothing wrong with feeding your ego but it serves many more purposes such as staying healthy and being stronk.

>tfw can't ignore these shitty troll threads

>unironically believing this
Lmao fucking pleb

nope just start with bodyweight and progress to the bar then add weight

you can stretch on your time if you feel it helps but lifting alone does all you need

>your time
*your own time

He did though, he's succeeded at LITERALLY the ONLY OBJECTIVE purpose of life.

t. religiouscuck *tips*

Well why shouldn't you feed your ego?

Also lifting is healthy.

lol wut

It does. Lifting affects every aspect of your body. which also mean your brain.
People who dont exercise get more joint pain, recover worse from injuries, are more prone ot get alzheimer, dementia, depression, anxiety, almost all types of cancer, are more prone to a whole buttload of diseases, they die at a younger age, heartdisease, more likely to break bones, more likely to have hormonal problems, and the list just goes on and on. Just from the perspective of a physio the difference between a sedentary person and an active person is huge.

If we were hunter gatherers we'd be running lol

> serves no purpose

> has no concept of manual labor

> will never run his own house

> will watch his gf get raped by muslims and cry because too fat and weak to help

Attracting a mate it still as important than ever, if not more, m8.

>aside feeding your ego
That and the multitude of health benefits gained from it, injury prevention, balance, better quality of life, pain reduction, and not to mention the natural dopamine high gathered from hard work instead of shortcuts like what fatties and drug addicts do.

Stretching is uneccesary if you lift with full range of motion.
Strength training acts like a stretch. and is more effective than just stretching.

This is what happened to me.

you can use your autism logic to deduce that life is meaningless and everything we do is pointless

who cares

i like lifting weights, i like being muscular, your oneitis also likes me being muscular

i started getting back pain, ankle and wrist pain from various accidents, and have to lift to keep it away. With lifting i never get any joint or muscle pain at all. Its like magic.

i forgot to add that i started to get pain at 22. Im 25 now and pain free.

repping 200kg squat is very possible if you're fairly talented at lifting

if you're a GDE you might not ever get there

if you're a true talentchad 200kg for reps is gonna be a joke for you in little time at all

Everyone can achieve 200kg squat. Even a 55 year old got achieve that number.

that means absolutely nothing

some 5'1" guy with (relatively) long femurs and 5 inch wrists won't be squatting that

you sound like you hang around /plg/ and are into powerlifting, there is selection bias in that nobody with a complete lack of talent for lifting heavy weights will be running in those circles

even Isley who gets made fun of as a GDE is extremely strong and almost certainly is more genetically gifted for strength than the vast majority of gymgoers

The programming in a woman's brain that is attracted to a strong man is still there, it doesn't go away in 50 years. If you want to be a cuck who is able to make bunches of money and can marry a hot woman who will cheat on you with a strong man is your thing then, don't lift.

faggot

>listening to Roundabout
>see this
it's like I'm really in JoJo

strongerbyscience.com/genetics-and-strength-training-just-different/

some people literally don't even respond to training, even as total novices

so no not everyone

i've been going to the gym for years and i've only seen a few squats above 405

I work construction faggot. Building straight by lifting not only helps me do my job but also prevents injury.

>OP is a faggot as usual.

this
some of us have physical jobs
I work at a fucking grocery store but I would be able to do my job better if I was stronger

Youre arguing for the tiny minority like it applies to the general population. It doesnt. The vast majority responds to lifting weights.

Even the low responds in your article can reach a high number. its only the nonresponders who would struggle. And then we get into how different people responds to different kind of training. Which coaches often talk about. Because even the nonresponders in those studies could have responded to a different type of training stimulus. like very lowe reps and high intensity or lower intensity with a shitton of volume. which is why one training protocol isnt enough to screen it properly. Im not saying there isnt such thing as shitty genetics towards lifting, but its less than you think.

You see few people squat above 405, because most people arent dedicated. 405 itsnot a huge number when compared to the genetic limit of normal people

Feeding your ego is pretty useful.

>spawning parasites=success
wew

>tiny minority
17 out of 66 people in this study were grouped as nonresponders and did not gain any meaningful muscle size or strength
>different type of training
these were novices, the difference between response to different types of training at a novice level is negligible, they should have responded to anything being totally untrained
>less than you think
selection bias comes into it - people you see at the gym, who actually stick to lifting for years, are already going to be the people who had a good response to it and like the gains they saw and got hooked

even fewer are the people who had responses good enough to consider getting into powerlifting or some other strength sport

what you don't see is all the people who came in, lifted for a year, made negligible gains, and decided to do something else with their time instead
i pulled 500 as a 17 year old and i thought i did it through sheer force of will and because i was so good at programming (i did 1x5 once a week and then random singles later), i didn't know what the fuck i was doing and i ate like shit and barely slept

meanwhile i see people plugging away at deadlifts for years (i've been at the same gym for 4 years), and they stall in the low 4s to mid 4s or even lower for ages

Bitching like the fat fuck you are, when there's always a threat of a global disaster that would force us to hunt for our survival.

It's called having money, user

>implying non-responders aren't just fuckers who don't eat or sleep enough
Put any of them on GOMAD and see if they gain lean mass. Yeah they'll get fat, but they'll also get big and strong.

>17 out of 66 people didn't consume enough calories and protein to facilitate muscle protein synthesis to increase lean mass
Yeah, and?

Then you should read that article again, becuase most of the non-responders acutally gained muscle and strength. Just less of it. some got smaller, and some got largers which is why on average the group didnt gain much.
Wat you also dont see in the study is diet and sleep. both which are very important to strength and muscle gain.

I feel like you think im saying there is no people with shitty genetics. Im not saying that. Im saying the ones who dont respond at all are very few(not all 17 of the nonresponders in that group didnt respond). and the fact that the study is limited to show exact numbers. If youre a skinny skeleton who barely eats then

example: you wont gain much mass if you add something that raises your metabolism.

>people you see at the gym, who actually stick to lifting for years, are already going to be the people who had a good response to it and like the gains they saw and got hooked
The people who stay at the gym are usually very good responders as they often do 5-splits, but even most of those dont stick to lifting. Most people quit after a few weeks because theyre not dedicated.

Silent mike from supertraining06 channel is good example of a poor responder. He have been a joke at the gym for many years for not gaining weight. He found out how he responded best to lifting and have gained a lot of size after years of lifting. and for him it was shitton of volume.

eating enough and sleeping enough become really important factors certainly, but for someone brand new to training they should be able to show some results even with a suboptimal diet and sleep for some time

There's no benefit to intense exercise since most hormonal and health advantages are achieved through moderate exercise but lifting is a hobby (and frankly it'd be better for a lot of Veeky Forums to realize that) and there's nothing wrong with it.

>but for someone brand new to training they should be able to show some results even with a suboptimal diet and sleep for some time
not if they got shitty genetics

>silent mike
>poor responder

relative to the other genetic freaks at supertraining gym, sure

instagram.com/p/BIDP0RsBOmt/?hl=en

he is objectively not a poor responder though

as to your other point

"After training, they split the 66 subjects into three groups: “nonresponders,” “modest responders,” and “extreme responders.” The nonresponders and extreme responders were the quarter of participants who gained the least and most amount of muscle (17 per group), while the modest responders were in the middle one-half (32 people).

On average, the nonresponders’ muscle fibers didn’t get meaningfully bigger or smaller."

17/66 people had responses insignificant enough to average out to "nothing really"

see

When you're in a negative nitrogen balance from too little protein intake, there's literally no possibility to increase lean mass. You can hire a building company and make them come to your property to start building a house, but if there are no bricks, they won't build shit.

>On average, the nonresponders’ muscle fibers didn’t get meaningfully bigger or smaller."
>On average

This means some gained sized and some lost size. Which mean not all of the 17 in that group didnt respond.
Then if you gave all of those nonresponders a good diet and sleep then there would probably more people who gained mass and strength.

>instagram.com/p/BIDP0RsBOmt/?hl=en
>he is objectively not a poor responder though

He have trained for several years, and barely had muscle response at all compared to normal people. Not compared to some of the freaks at supertraining gym.