QTDDTOT

Okay, I can't find the last one (if there is any) so here's another one

QTDDTOT
QUESTIONS THAT DON'T DESERVE THEIR OWN THREAD

I'll start:
Should I squat as low as possible or should I switch to positive phase after my hips are parallel to the floor? I want to have a nice-looking ass and I feel my glutes and quads when doind it the second way but anyone's saying it doesn't count if it's not as low as possible. Wtf?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1CJNql8DitM
youtube.com/watch?v=MvmWBVNiqJE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Trap bar deadlift vs squat (?)

It "counts" as long as you break parallel. What are you training for?

Different movements. If you want to grow your legs, then squat. Trap bar deads do not have nearly as much knee flexion as a squat.

Hypertrophy. I want my ass more round than it is now. As for now, I stop immediately when I reach parallel, then go up. My glutes and quads burn after these squats and I can feel them work when I'm in the gym, so I thought this is the best sign of proper training

Are you a special kind of stupid?

Well yes I am.

just type in browser Veeky Forums.org/fit/qtdd
or Veeky Forums.org/fit/hate for fathate thread
or Veeky Forums.org/sp/f1 for formula 1 thread
etc.

takes you straight to the catalog with search already entered

Yo fit how do I ramp up my appetite?when I first starting working out ( holocaust mode) my appetite was crazy high then I got on lexapro and it totally disappeared. I've been off it for over a year and it still hasn't returned. Went from 5'9" 110 to 5'9" 167 but can't get passed 170 it always drops. Pls no bully

I'm having some hip pain when I squat that hasn't been there before. When squatting, I have to pain in the hips from below parallel to about 1/4 ROM. The last 1/4 is where I feel pain in my hips.

I squat 3 times a week (MWF) adding 5 lbs every workout for 3x5. The last time I squatted (Monday) I was doing 185 lbs. I tried squatting today with just 95 lbs and the pain is still there so I cut the workout short.

Any ideas what's causing the pain?

Eating increases your appetite. Just something you have to go through for a couple weeks.

Unless theres something else thats wrong, but if you use that as an excuse not to try then its gg anyway.

>or Veeky Forums.org/sp/f1 for formula 1 thread
my g

I walk long distances on the train track close to my house. Recently I've begun C25K so I've been running on the track also. The ground is fairly level, stones spread between the dividers. I've been wearing normal work boots or rubber Wellington boots, so I'm looking to upgrade to a good running shoe. I've got $200 to spend but I don't know where to begin researching what running shoe is good and appropriate. Any broad recommendations? What's a comfortable and tough running shoe under $200?

Stats (if they matter):

>Age: 19
>Height: 5'8.5"
>Weight: 155 lbs

>tfw no Kimi tier happiness from icecream because on cut

How do I get less weak? I gain strenght and stamina, but how do I remove weakness?

We taking over

How far can I get aesthetically with being limited to 80 lbs on squats and OHP if I simply go for more reps? I have a fucked up spine and cannot put more than 80 lbs of compression on it. I bench 160 so far tho. Wat do?

LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

any body know any good way to relieve muscle pain here? ive got a foam roller and a heat pad

it just feels like some kind of muscle/joint twinge whenever i walk on it

>What's a comfortable and tough running shoe under $200?

from what ive seen that budget will cover about 95% of all running shoes, especially someone getting their first pair. I would suggest going to a running store/sporting goods store and seeing if they can do a "gait analysis" on your stride so that they can see what kind of shoe would best complement the way you move

I think that I have hip impingement from doing squats. Are there any mobilization exercises or stretches that can be done? Or is it likely a problem with form?

Thank you.

Gait analysis in its current state is bs. Just go for comfort. Get whatever you like and then later buy another pair to compare.

Hello, Veeky Forums, I've been regularly hitting the gym for about a month (4 to 5 days a week, reserving each day for a specific part of my body) and have been experiencing fatigue and soreness in each region for upwards of 3 or 4 days post workout. I'm wondering how much am admittedly shitty diet contributes to this and what is "normal"

Can someone please explain the finer points of Keto to me? I know it's a diet consisting of mostly fat/protons and the goal is to stay under 50g or even 20g of carbs a day. But what is the daily calorie intake? Do I have to take dietary fiber supplements? Should I be taking a daily vitamin? What does an average day of meals look like? Examples welcome. And lastly, I know the definition of a "re-feeding" day, but is it absolutely required?

For reference I'm 6'5", 350lbs, 24yo. Goal is 250lbs. Started at 453lbs. I got as low as 285lbs via starvation but lost control of everything when I tried re-integrating normal foods/portions back into my life. I never fixed the binge eating problem.

Pls help Veeky Forums.

Guys, how do you maintain your weight when you stop cutting ?
First timer here, almost at goal weight.
I don't want to balloon up when I go from 1200 kcal to 2000 a day.
What do?

Oy lads, I got a question.

So I started doing Crunches January 7th. I did it consistently, starting at a max set of 10. I did 100 daily. I eventually am able to do 34 max set in 2 minutes. If I continue to work my core daily, would I be able to do around 50~ be next Tuesday?

Pls answer I have been asking everywhere.

That is such a small timeframe it's not worth asking for. Just find out next week.

Wut.

Do leg lifts.

Increase your intake in steps. Measure weekly.

Should I already move back up to 1500 calories a day ?
I'm at 78kg now and need to be at 75kg and maintain it.

I'm not working out though because of reasons at the time being so all my weight loss is from my diet only.

thumbnail of this pic looks like a fat as fatass tabby cat sitting on the window

I do leg lifts and crunches and stuff. But recently, I just been doing crunches. Im guessing with my time frame. I probably will be doing 45? What's your guess.

But, what would your estimate be? Im thinking a better count would be 45 or so. Im just looking for advice to reach a higher max that 34 in a week.

I drunk way too much last weekend and it's totally destroyed my lifting routine. Since then I've upped the weight on a lot of lifts but all my motivation is lost.
Can I go back to the old weight and still make gains or should I push through what I can currently do on the new one instead of following my normal sets?

Whats the best app to track my running progress? I have a Fit2 smart watch and the S health app. Are they smart enough to compare different routes but still say if I didn't better or worse over a week or whatever?

So I was deadlifting Monday, and I was hitting my warm ups and was trying to get lmao 2pl8. I was at 205, which I've done 1x5 before with almost no problem.

For whatever reason the weight just was not going up for me. I got 3 reps and all of a sudden felt something very similar to a pin prick in my back right shoulder, I think right under my shoulder blade.

I dropped the weight, reset form and tried again, weight barely came off the floor and I felt the pain again.

After that I stopped, didn't feel any pain after and continued my workout, did some pull ups, push ups etc, with no issue.

I haven't really been bothered too much, but I was stretching a bit this morning and I felt a very similar pin prick sensation.

Again, no pain afterwards but I'm kinda worried. Has anyone had a similar issue? I'm guessing I should just take a week or so off diddlies maybe?

Any input or advice?

I've lost a lot of weight over the last year and just started cardio as the next step of getting my shit together plan.

Thing is I feel like i'm getting worse and worse at it. I jog at the local park and I feel like i'm gassing out faster. I thought i'd be building endurance by doing this.

Help me out fitbros, I need your help diagnosing an injury because I'm too poor to hit the doc.

Following leg day (squats and deadlifts) I started experiencing pain on the outer side of my left knee and top inner thigh next to my balls, but only when sitting/standing in certain positions. Knee pain is gone but thigh joint pain has persisted and at times has radiated to my nut sack. I've been worried that I might have sprung an inguinal hernia, since I've had a hernia before, but I'm more doubtful now because I notice that the pain isn't there when raising internal pressure or doing loaded squats but is there when standing.

Has anyone experienced something like this? Or does anyone have an idea what it could be?

Skelly here who has been doing SS for 3 weeks. 1 question:

1. I skipped todays gym session and go on monday/wed/fridays. Should I go both tommorow on thursday and friday? Do consecutive days fuck you up gains-wise?

HYPERTROPHY TRAINING + bodyweight training. How do I go about it? I've heard that for these goals you need to
> do 6-14 reps
> with 1-2 min rest
> training till failure
> have a deload week with lighter training
> constantly increase resistance (weight)

I am interested in whether the reps and rest are correct. Can somebody confirm this is not gibberish? Also whatever you know about hypertrophy training is appreciated. This is all I know.

YEah they fuck you up. But you are only just beginning so it will not be a problem. Go for it. It shouldn't happen often though.

wouldn't gait analysis be a good place to start for him though?

Daily calorie intake is whatever you cut at, except it's made up of 75-80% fats, 15-20% preoteins, and then 5% carbs (most people, myself included, shoot for

There was this thread about a guy with a micro penis asking how to elongate it and this guy here said OP's dick reminded him how he used to invert his penis back into his body. How does one invert his dick into his body? I don't remember doing this and it doesn't work now. I can't invert my balls either.

Bumping for help

Thanks for the input. And I feel the same about the feed days. Easier to just avoid everything than to give in and try to get back on track. You mention percentages of fat/protein. How do you calculate those?

Like are there meats I should just stay away from? Can I lean out the kind of meat I get or does it all have to be red meat? I.e. turkey bacon vs pork. Pork sausage vs chicken. Etc.

I'm aiming for as much weight loss as possible so I'd probably be looking at 1300-1500 calories a day maximum.

You'll need to find other movements that don't compress your spine and figure out how to progress those. 80lbs isn't going to be enough in the long term.

A lot of the time, i stick to either red meat, pork, or chicken thighs/any cut of chicken with the skin on. I try to stay away from exceptionally lean meats like fish or chicken breasts unless i've got a nice fat to pair them with

as far as calculating percentages goes, download MyFitnessPal and you can set your macros by percentage, which makes knowing how much to eat FAR easier than doing it by hand

Best app for tracking stats? I want to track weight and compound lifts (on the same graph) and BF% (inputting my own values from scales)

Awesome thanks. Last question is on fiber. I know you said supplements and a vitamin isn't required, but do you ever feel "locked up" in regards to how often you go to the bathroom? Are you eating any sort of roughage? I was reading that a small spinach salad here and there can help.

yes, i eat quite a bit of broccoli, caulifower, plain salads (so no croutons, tomatoes, carrots, etc. usually just lettuce and some dressing), and spinach when i have it.

avocados are GOD TIER keto foods because they have a lot of good fat and a lot of good fiber. I stopped eating them though because they got way too expensive around here, but if you can afford them they are good. just keep track of their net carbs,

Anybody know if it's OK to just have Whey powder with my meal instead of chicken? I'm pretty tired of eating meats. I don't know why, just feel like I need a break from them for most of the week. I'd be eating it with a lettuce heart, 1tbsp of olive oil, and 1 tbsp of vinegar. Maybe a little pico de gallo.

what are everyday foods that you eat but that can be bad for your health?
just found out almonds can be deadly

I eat a lot of spinach and broccoli and pepper basically daily, same for garlic and omion and always some kind of fish

Almonds aren't deadly. You can eat a serving daily. Just don't eat multiple cups of them every day.

what about leafy greens? read that shit can be dangerous and I love greens

my wrists hurt like hell when doing bench press and I don't feel my chest doing any work
how to fix?

Idk man. For legs I can do seated leg extension on the machine. For shoulders there's nothing I can do. Thanks for the feedback tho

Any of you guys have experiences with shoulder dislocation?

Does it fuck up your lifting in the long term? I'm recovering now and it feels good as new but I'm wondering if surgery to repair it would be a good idea.

What's a good alternative for rows? I hate rows

youtu.be/1CJNql8DitM

is dis gud?

bump. I'm tired of being a pussy
I've never been able to come to terms with that until now

Not sure where to post but
>back of theNeck pain
been doing neck massages. Where did I fuck up to cause it?

>SL
>Incline bench
>Dips

dont think its squats, since I rarely feel like my necks tight to the point where it hurts like this during squats.

Whats like the easiest, most brain dead meal plan for someone who needs to eat 2000 calories?

GOMAD

I have forward head and I am doing SS. What are good stretches and accessory lifts that I can do get rid of forward head?

What would be better, doing my cardio right after I lift on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, or doing it on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday with only Sunday as a rest day?

How can I cut efficiently if I only have a rough estimate of my weight and no access to a scale?

Compare yourself to pictures of people at different weights to get a rough estimate

Use a TDEE calculator

Overestimate calories, underestimate exercise

I don't know but I do the latter because right after I finish lifting it's time for bed.

youtube.com/watch?v=MvmWBVNiqJE

form check lads? I was going for a PR, maybe could have done a little more.

stop worrying about numbers. just cut.

I've been told by many people here that 531 is shit.

What should I do instead? What I'm really enjoying about 531 are the joker sets and heavy AMRAP sets. I find these objectively fun and they have me excited for a workout the day I wake up the day before it.

Would be better with a more side or side/back angle. Hard to tell anything from there.

Yeah 80lbs on squats is nothing. You're gonna have to look for other movements that isolate your leg muscles better in your case. Same for OHP imo. Can you do incline bench press?

How do I get a cute boy body

How are steroids made?

As in, what materials do they use to make them from

Read beyond 5/3/1
Or just pick a program with autoregulation. GZCL method shit is better version
Long story short is 5/3/1 doesn't have enough volume or frequency in the main lifts to get super strong. You'll want a way to have more upper body frequency and volume aka two bench days with lots of back off sets after AMRAP

When people say 1/2/3/4, is that referring to single rep max, if not how many?

will losing weight help my facial hair grow? i heard body fat fucks with your hormone production

otherwise...is there any way i can grow better beards/mustaches? makes me self-conscious

yeah, pain is generally a sign of "STOP". Sounds like you fucked up your form somewhere. Take a week off of deadlifts if the pain continues and make sure not to put pressure on the area.

Are you doing an interval program? Just running isn't going to help you get better. It's about going a little farther each time, not running for a long time.

When it's flaccid and small you just push it farther into your foreskin than you usually would. Since there's no blood it's basically just a floppy sponge so it balls up and looks like it's retracting into your body. I do it every so often.

I use JEfit, though I see dozens of different apps flowing around.

As long as you hit all your macros and don't feel hungry, you can eat whatever you want. Some days I get lazy and just eat a few protein bars instead of my usual breakfast. Not as efficient but I work it out in the dayplan.

You're honestly retarded if you think leafy greens are in any way bad for you.

Correct your form. Check videos. Post a video of yourself to be critiqued.

literally any food that adds up to 2000 calories. Just use a calorie counter and figure it out. Meal plans are just what you eat every week, everyone's is different.

drink your semen and apply for a gloryhole

Facial hair is 100% genetics. Weight has nothing to do with it. Instead of feeling self-concious, find out how to use it to your advantage. My beard looks like shit so I don't let it grow out.

Redpill me on dirty bulking. Seems like a cheap way to hit your caloric surplus, what with all the cheap fast food available.

So after 11 years of having steam on my computers I finally got over it. I have not bought a single game since call of duty MW remastered on ps4.

I've gotten bored of playing most games and haven't played any in a week.

I'm still planning to use my ps4 for bloodborne sometimes but I don't have the desire right now.

TLDR Uninstalled steam, battle.net, and all vidya from PC.

I work fulltime so i'm not bored but in the back of my mind is this feeling like I should still be playing them... even if they aren't fun.

What do I do with all of this new free time aside from work/school?

I'm 5'11" and weigh 230 and 100% new to fit. Do I lose most/all of my fat before building muscle?

Returning to the gym after a few months off, kept up good diet and used the time off to finish off the cut i started so getting back into it am able to bulk properly. Before leaving i ran SS for about 5 months, but getting back into it i want to have more of a focus on aesthetics without giving up strength so was wondering if running the SS variation in the pic, but on weeks where i do two days of the same exercises E.g Week A - 2 bench press days i use dumbbells and do 3x10 then on the week where i only do one day of the exercise using a barbell and only doing 3x5 (Also progressively overloading every second week as long as possible) would be a good idea or would i just be gimping both strength and size doing this? Also if so are there any good powerbuilding routines out there?

Start running a routine like Starting Strength on a caloric deficiency (cut) of about 200 calories less than your total daily energy expenditure (Look up a TDEE calculator online to work this out) if you're 100% new you will be able to lose fat and gain a little muscle early and fast through beginner gains. Also every 2kg or so you lose, re-workout your TDEE and adjust diet again to suit less calories

How do I into hypertrophy with only a barbell and flat bench? I did SL 5x5 and got my squat up to 2pl8 5x5. Now i want big arms, chest, and shoulders.

Any way to speed up muscle recovery? I eat good and sleep allright, but my muscles still take 3-4 days to recover.

Single player games may not take over your life like multiplayer games. It might be possible for you to use them responsibly - as in only to pass time, not as a hobby. If you are afraid you will get sucked back in you can try television (commercial breaks are great for taking care of your adult responsibilities) or reading/audiobooks.

I'd reccomend you do phrak's GSLP and with extra chin ups (for biceps) and dumbell version of your upper body after your big 3.

So;

OHP 2x5, 1x5+
Squat 2x5, 1x5+ (i get if you just want to stick to 3x5 on squats)
W.chins/lat pulls 2x5,3x5+
DB ohp @ 50% of what you did earlier 4x10
3x AMRAP bodyweight chins

what % body fat would this be

Nah can't do incline.