How true or false is this?

How true or false is this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I_2JPn6gbKM
strongerbyscience.com/hamstrings-the-most-overrated-muscle-for-squat-2-0/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It has a degree of truth to it. Go ahead and try for yourself. Kinda like how back and front squats hit different muscles too

Myth

It hits quads and hamstrings based on foot placement, but it really can't do anything for your ass and lower back because you are sitting down while you do it.

squats also hit core

They don't hit different muscles. The leverage point hits the same muscles in a different degree of intensity in relation to that point.

Leg press is good for when you're cutting and you need to do something for your lower body, but your spinal erectors are fucking fried from squats. But it's still only like a quarter squat in terms of what it hits.

Lets see I can

>Leg press 600 lbs
>Squat less then 300lbs

You be the judge.

Nah. You should be doing the same shit on a cut, switching from squatting to leg pressing on a cut is a perfect way to fuck up all your progress on squats and lose all your hamstring, gluteus and spinal erector gains.

Tons of Indians and Asians with chicken legs can leg press 1000 pounds

The leg press is a literal meme

I'm pretty tall and struggle with squats. Front squatting has changed my life.

squats are a meme. don't do them.

Do you want to get fit or do you want to impress fucking losers who have nothing going for them but their pitiful squat numbers and being one of the fucking dorks online who squeal SKWAT R UR A PUZZY!!.

>mfw the level of mental gymnastics people go through to avoid squatting

Squats are one of the most universally useful exercises you can do. Unlike leg press, a squat with a barbell loads your entire skeleton and your body works as one unit the way it was designed to, in a natural fashion. Isolation exercises are almost meaningless for building strength that translates into real life.

Who cares? The only part of your legs that matter are you calves.

Whenever people in the fitness world (including Veeky Forums) make fun of people without legs they're only ever targeting their calves.

>a compound hits more muscles than an isolation exercise

HOW TRUE OR FALSE IS THIS?!

what if i leg press and Romanian dead-lift though?

well it's simply not true. squats are great but they are just an exercise and may not be as good for some as they are for others.

they literally suck dicks for me, i get pain in my hip starting at lmao 1pl8

Squats are the theeee most overrated movement of all time

If you go real deep, it will hit ass as well.

>1000 lbs
Lmao. Youre exaggerating.

fucking thank you for posting this i knew squats were a meme for my body type and now I have reassurance of this

>has never heard of the conjugate training system

Yeah dude, Dorian totally had chicken legs from not squatting, and no back either. Idiot. If you want to be a powerliftard then stick to your basic lifts but there is nothing magical about them for bodybuilding, in fact each of them has a superior alternative.

and yet people with "shit porportions" have world record totals and squats....

post body and Ill find someone with your measurements squatting double what you do.

Lmao. You have no idea how hard Yates trained. And he still did barbell hack squats.

what you are saying is conflicting in so many ways, what are you trying to say?

Tall guys gotta make some small adjustments. I still squat, but I front squat. It perfected my form on my first rep doing one. Then I'll do some leg presses for good measure. I still bench, but adding in cable flies hit my chest in a way I never felt before. Look up routines for taller guys, they'll have these and a few other recommendations.

>routines for taller guys

Lol these are the people who don't squat

im just not gonna squat shit hurts my hip and doesnt seem worth the injury risk at this point, im just gonna leg press, romanain dead, leg curl, leg extension etc.

>hip hurts squatting
>hip doesn't hurt leg pressing

Calling bullshit

Total bullshit

Enjoy your fat legs and ass and never walking properly

been fat most of my life
>can leg press over 200 kgs but knee caps says kill me

No, I still do squat, I just front squat. If you don't think that squats, bench, and PHP are much more difficult depending on height and arm/femur length, then your an idiot.
> Work=force x distance

OHP*

Yes I also like replacing 1 exercise with 4

well its true i must have a muscular imbalance in my hip felxor or glutes or something until i figure it out and fix it im not going to squat

lol I don't like it but what am I supposed to do?

>bodybuilder
>trained purely for hypertrophy

Of course he's gonna prioritise isolation exercises.

He looks awful.

You have a muscular imbalance because you do stupid lifts that are giving you muscular imbalances. Stop all your meme isolations and try just squatting from the bar only again. You're just being impatient, and it's fucking with your ability.

Your leg pressing is literally overpowering the strength of your quads which is fucking with your ability to squat properly because your lower back hamstrings and gluteus are weak and underdeveloped.

Not to mention leg curls and leg extensions flexing the hip constantly

Squats

ight man ill try taking it back from the top again, what do you think of hip thrusts to try and correct my glute imbalance?

Same here. Except I can squat 3 plates.

Even if I do bodyweight squats it will still fuck up my hip.

Also what are the benefits to loading way more weight than you can squat on your shoulders? It seems once you feel comfortable with a certain weight, you can squat it.

>implying stronger quads don't carry over to deadlifts
>implying stronger quads don't carry over to physical activities outside of the gym

>b-but my hamstrings and glutes!
You work these out enough whilst fucking. Or even walking. Fuck off.

I only highbar squat and glute bridge (and deadlift on a different day) and no matter what happens my hip gets fucked up (different guy).

Squats are the only thing that hurts, and that's when I get near parallel. And I like atg so that's even worse.

Other things that don't hurt are

Leg curls
Bulgarian split squats
Split squats
Different variation on trap bar

It's literally only squats and random movements throughout the day. I've tried everything throughout the year and nothing stops the pain from coming once I start squatting.

legpress also carries over to physical activities outside of the gym, even though squat does it more
other things are true mostly, i guess.
how did it help? i just started doing them.

>You work these out enough whilst fucking. Or even walking. Fuck off.

yeah nah you have a hank hill ass

Same here, squats hurt the side of my hip. Maybe because one of my legs is slightly longer so my pelvis is a little tilted when I go A2G.

Do both.

>Doing what Dorian Yates does
Are you new to bodybuilding.com

if you want to look like mark rippletoe, train like mark rippletoe

if you want to look like dorian yates, train like dorian yates

its that fuckin simple lol

squats definitely cured my imbalances and stepped up my volleyball game, including more regular, higher jumps, more stable digs, heavier spikes because wtf it works core muscles.... worked for me, ymmv though.

I was a skinny fuck and started with 200kg+ leg press for reps.

taller guys often need a way wider stance than normal guys. And its difficult for them to learn the technique. But thats not an excuse to give up.

If you got long femurs then you need to lean more forward. Try to lift with oly shoes too and do low bar. try to aim for almost parallell at first then go deeper when your technique is better.
Dont go ass to grass. Youre lucky if you can get below parallell with long femurs.

this

for me getting to parallel feels low and uncomfortable as fuck. long femurs suck

You can hit parallell with long femurs, but you got to figure it out first. For me i had to lean forward and let the knees go a bit forward for me to get below parallell without flexing my lumbar spine. and Oly shoes helped a bit.

I have a short friend who i currently train and he got some really long femurs and short shins. So for him its going to take a long time to figure out how to hit parallell.

>and yet people with "shit porportions" have world record totals and squats....

So that means they're great for hypertrophy

ok

If you think strength progress have nothing to do with muscle mass progress then why dont you just stick with tricep kickbacks and sidelying clam with bands.

Please learn English

Try to avoid it for a while and incorporate some exercises that stretch the hip flexors

English isnt my mother tongue.

Both are fine in their own ways, but skateboard squats > both.

Foot placement matters with leg press
Like all machines, it's best for isolation
Comparing squats and leg press is apples and oranges

Anybody have the pic of that grill?

fucking this
>muh low test
>muh girls don't care about legs

>if you want to look like mark rippletoe's trainees, train like mark rippletoe's trainees
>if you want to look like dorian yates, inject a bucket of illegal substances
fixed

>the amount of excuses and delusion ITT
holy fuck
I thought new years resolutioners don't browse Veeky Forums
do your heavy fucking squats you skeleton

only a handful of people on Veeky Forums are allowed to substitute them, and those people know what they're doing
you don't, you're an idiot, so it's best you do what everyone else does and what works

>says squats are bad for him because he's tall with long legs
>5'10"

True also some of the most violent injuries I have seen in gyms come from leg pressing

His entire routine minus calf raises target the same muscles as much as squats do in 3x5

youtube.com/watch?v=I_2JPn6gbKM

Was Scoobs right all along?

>the easier workout will make me stronger
I don't follow your logic

Have you considered squatting and then doing leg press, leg extentions, hip thrusts, etc as an accessory?
Does everything have to be black and white?
Is leg day an unknown thing?

How about bulgarian split squat vs squats?

Or when they do squat its a quarter squat nowhere near parallel

>your squats are too overpowered to squat properly

this is one of the most wrong statements i've ever seen on Veeky Forums, you should be proud of yourself

Err what?

Having weak lower back and hamstrings in comparison to strong squads will fuck with your ability to squat the heavier the weight gets.

Leg pressing only further increases this imbalance.

lbs
>Lmao. Youre exaggerating.

>>he hasn't been leg pressing 1000lbs since high school

it's literally baby weight.

>always get massive lower back pain the day after squats
>have looked up videos on correct form, have had a PT look at my form and have had a gym regular who competes in bodybuilding comps look at my form
>all sources say I'm doing it right but I get incapacitating pain anyway
>do leg press so at least I'm working my legs still
I'm hoping it's just because I'm still fatasfatass so the extra fat is causing pressure where it normally wouldn't be, so that once I'm thinner I can actually do squats

I literally cant squat near depth without back destroying butt wink, despite improving lower body flexiability quite a bit.

Now I do weighted lunges as my primary leg movement

>t. Never been to a gym

Almost every gym session you see a guy spending 10 minutes loading up eleventybillion plates on the leg press.

They almost always have lelnolegs

Squats>>leg press
But you should do both if your past intermediate

A+ b8, friendo

>implying I am going anywhere near a legpress after seeing that dreaded gif

i just do both

>Tfw I can rest on my Calves and hamstrings ATG with heels almost touching
I think I was born to squat

>how much are you squatting
>how are you squatting

>Squats build glutes meme

A body weight glute bridge has been shown to activate the glutes more

there's no such thing as x is too strong

your other muscle groups are just too weak

strongerbyscience.com/hamstrings-the-most-overrated-muscle-for-squat-2-0/

strong quads is checkbox #1 for a great squat, followed by strong glutes

>how much
lamo1pl8
>how lifting
High bar, back squat

For further info, current height/weight is
196cm/6'5 and 170kg/375lbs

your knees probably hurt jerking off

get to a human weight and your pain will disappear probably

>What is an incline plane?

Basically what I said in
I suspect that the extra person of weight I'm carrying is causing an unusual amount of stress during that particular movement.

if you're lifting for strength squats are great.

if you want asthetics back squats are no good- they widen your hips and ass (for both sexes, but for males this is bad asthetics)

do front squats instead for asthetics as they work your quads more but you still get some benefits of strength from squatting

I want to get fit that's why I do squats

600 lb leg press is fucking pathetic btw

>The only part of your legs that matter are you calves.
I beg to differ.