Eye Contact

Making eye contact is an essential trait for a man, and I don't know how to do it.

Like many people here, I am a beta tryhard. And I suck at eye contact. It is so awkward and hard for me to hold someone's gaze. And when I push myself to do it, I feel like I'm staring them down like a psycho.

Obviously if I were more confident I could do it without thinking. But I'm not. I'm a pussy faggot dilweed. Any tips on how to get better at this?

This is some /r9k/ tier shit. I don't even know how to help you out. It's like asking for a tutorial on how to shake hands or say hello.

i used to lock eyes and stare everyone down until they looked away

then i started getting self conscious about it and never make eye contact unless im talking to someone

idk

Yeah, idk OP, eye contact is basically just looking into the other person's eyes but looking away every once in a while, obv. you don't just stare at them

Avoid it

You are the type of dumbass that will stare and it will be taken as an insult or a provocation, you'll get your ass kicked and then wonder why everyone is so mean and don't understand you

Fix your insecurity first, staring is the least of your problems

There's different types of eye contact. You can look someone in the eyes for a prolonged period as a friendly and humble gesture or it can be aggressive, provocative, even sexual. These are things that will come naturally and cannot be taught.

>stare into everyones eyes when talking to them
>when passing someone in the street look at them in the eyes and get pissed if they dont look back
>if someone looks at me on the street i stare in his eyes until we completly passed each other
>if i catch someone looking at me i start looking directly at them until they look away

I do it for fun because depending on how i do it it makes people uncomfortable and also to assert dominance

try this one weird trick: stare at their forehead they won't know you aren't looking at their eyes. blammmo problems solved

I have resting bitch face. Actually, it's more like resting serial killer face. I don't mean to give people "dirty looks" but I've been told that I used to do it all the time, so after a while I just kinda gave up on making eye contact unless necessary. Like I'll just walk right past people on the sidewalk without glancing at them.

>i used to lock eyes and stare everyone down until they looked away
I think I used to do that without realizing it.

That never works. Whenever somebody does that I always notice it and it weirds me out.

OP, I had the same problem as you. Just force yourself to look people in the eyes and you'll get used to it.

You're insecure and neurotic. I used to do this shit too when I was in my early 20's and wondered why people at bars always wanted to fight me. You're being a faggot. Chill out and stop pretending that you're winning something by staring like an autistic ape.

There's this 80/20 rule I learned about and the idea of it is you want to maintain eye contact about 80% of the time while glancing away briefly for the other 20%

It's not essential. I never look people in the eye. If you talk confidently and don't make a big deal of avoiding their gaze, they probably won't even notice.

I used to have the same problem, always overthinking eye contact. Not knowing how to hold it and how long. Just work on your social skills and confidence and it comes natural. Now eye contact is my greatest tool in flirting and make friends. Bitches love eye contact.
Oh yeah and having a 7+/10 face does wonders as well.

They do notice, stop fooling yourself.

It's hard to explain, said it well. However, I believe that there are certain things you can try to pay attention to when you're being this autistic.
This is good advice. You'll notice that a majority of people do it, involuntarily. This is obviously good for conversation, since you'll likely have prolonged eye contact.

If you make lasting eye contact with someone, then a nod of your head is acceptable. Don't do it in an upward motion, that's more of a "what's up(rhetorical)" nod, than a *respect* nod. This could confuse some people, and result in an awkward conversation (you don't want this)

Having a smile always helps, as well.

Lastly, you can try saying something to these people. You'll find that a lot of people just want friends, or at least someone to make sounds at for a few minutes.

They absolutely notice.

OP, here's a trick.

Find out everyone you speaks to eye color. Don't just glance. Be absolutely sure what their eyes look like.

Are you, by any chance, a Grizzly bear?

GET OUT OF FIT GRIZZLY BEAR

FUCKING GRIZZLY POSTERS REEEEEEEEEE

i'd say the fuck are you looking at

i still do this, unless i'm not trying to make that person uncomfortable, like my boss

you are me

As all things, it takes practice.

You should be able to see what their eye color is.

bump

Practice. That's what I did. Sometimes I do it too much, I feel. However, better over do it than not at all.

Anyways, start super easy.
Can you stare at your own eye front of the mirror for a minue?

Can you stare at someone's eye of a picture for a minute?

Can you stare at a dogs eye for a minute?

Now of course you might think these examples are riddiculously easy, but that's the point. Find your level of comfort, then expand from there.

OP get's his head smashed in. The thread