ELI5 what Creatine does, and how well it works?

ELI5 what Creatine does, and how well it works?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19741313
youtube.com/watch?v=bHeVIFF-Yk8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I wont eli5 you but creatine is naturally stored in skeletal muscle and works in energy production with ATP. Makes one a little stronger.

Dont use with improper kidney function.

Retains some water in one's body, although this is nothing but good. Water in muscle is anabolic as fuck and has no down sides apart from the cosmetic view.

Creatine is widely researched and quite safe and still effective. The 2 things a natty could and should use are creatine and caffeine.

I heard this shit causes baldness , Is that right?

Thanks you, I've been on the fence and it's good to hear someone recommend it.

You can do a pubmed search for that and youre probably not gonna find much. Ive never heard of that before

What's a brand you guys recommend for someone who's relatively poor?

the cheapest creatine monohydrate you can find.

Any monohydrate, there isnt any difference between the brands. Monohydrate is super cheap itself, and any more expensive brand is doing nothing but ripping you off, as they cant make a working compound any better by making it more pricy.

Is it a good idea to take it while losing weight?

>Google
> Bulk supplements
> micronized creatine monohydrate

It's relatively tasteless and you can put it in your Gatorade.

I take a spoonfull straight into my mouth, swish it with water and drink it all so I wouldn't miss a single grain of that shit.

Sounds simultaneously satisfying and painful.

>should use caffeine

what ? lets throw the fists out there kunt

Fuck off redditdyel

>creatine
>natty

Not him, but can you explain why you say that?

Doing stuff uses energy. Energy is stored in chemical bonds. In the human case, our energy is stored in a bond between adenosine and phosphate. So to get this energy, we break the bond, which turns adenosine triphosphate (ATP) into adenosine diphosphate (ADP). As you can hopefully see, a phosphate is lost. Creatine holds phosphate which is used to turn ADP back into ATP so it can be broken down again for energy.

I used to use creatine but I never noticed a difference

Shitposting. It's a pretty old meme that creatine is allegedly not natty.

It will help you keep muscle while losing fat.

are you mentally retarded?

Not him, but what's stupid about what he said?

anyone else catch themselves in the mirror, when they're cycling off Creatine, and they feel like they got smaller?

do your own research fucking lazy piece of shit

Does the water retention increase your weight a lot? I mainly go climbing, and staying lean and maintaining a certain weight range is important.

i have no evidence to back up the things i post: the post

it probably does

just wanted to mention that if you are prone to balding then it might accelerate it

It's pretty unlikely that you'll gain more than 3lbs, by using creatine.
However, 3lbs could make things feel heavy for you. Creatine does not help with aerobic muscle work, it only helps with anaerobic muscle work.

Thanks. Climbing is not really aerobic exercise, but it relies a lot on specific muscle groups, core strength and a finely tuned muscle size to weight ratio. I'm just worrying that creatine might just make me to heavy, and the strength gains won't offset the weight gain. Maybe I will try it during a training cycle and then kick it towards the end.

i love new friends

If I stop using creatine would anything change except losing he water weight?

Source on that claim?

Creatine can increase dht.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19741313

DHT is linked to hair loss.

That's all I'm saying... i take creatine btw... but i also have a thick set of hair (so far lol)

Take 2000mg of fish oil a day, it acts as a DHT blocker

interesting - source?

slight muscle/strength loss because their not full of water anymore

I have been taking creatine for awhile, what is it like when you stop taking it? Does losing the water weight make you look better or worse?

Dude, not OP but take it from me, my daddy gave me shit genes, now I've been on creatine for 3+ months and receding hairline AF. also lost all the thickness, my long hair now looks like an old hags.

Basically what I'm saying is if your dad is bald, you might want to consider an alternative if you want to save your hair.

I never met my father. My grandfather was bald, am I at risk then?

Helps me pass drug tests when i dilute, for work

will creatine help me if im at DYEL cant even do pushups mode

It won't let you suddenly do pushups, but I'll bet that it'll help you get there.

there was a study done that showed increase in DHT while taking 25 fucking grams a day for a month. only ONE study so i dont think it proves much

>ELI5

please go back to plebbit you stupid fucking mongoloid

Depends person to person, I gained like 5-6 pounds on it.

better, performance wise worse.

lol he's right though, you're just too stupid to understand the mechanism.

gayest thing I've seen in a while. do climbers just climb so they can talk about climbing nonstop? no one gives a fuck if you take creatine or not bro stop telling us about why it might not be a good idea because you climb and are a climber who climbs.

youtube.com/watch?v=bHeVIFF-Yk8

i read somewhere that creatine is good for swimmers. is that true?

My boyfriend collapsed the other week I think his kidneys aren't working well since he got lost on a ski mountain ages ago and got kidney failure. Should he not take Creatine? He had a huge CK level in hospital.

>Dont use with improper kidney function.
is your gay ass fucking stupid?

My guess is just try it, if you notice your hair fucking up, then come off it.