Squatting and deadlifting

>Squatting and deadlifting

Daily reminder that one tiny slip up and your back will be fucked for life

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FK_LQtc0ALQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Then don't make tiny slip ups, faggot.

Even with perfect form that could easily be you

Lol this guy is filled with drugs and unsurprisingly the other tissues couldn't keep up

Don't take drugs.

There is no such thing as a dedicated powerlifter or person who puts themselves under the bar without fucked joints or back issues.

Not even Rippletoe.

This guy was a stupid roidaroo powerlifter and trained like an idiot like 80% of all other roidaroo powerlifters. Just don't train like an idiot and you'll be fine.

>roiding so you can lift dangerously heavy weights
Or you can just not be an idiot about it.

This guy moved mental weights. Don't worry OP that will never happen to you and your plushy weights.

or you could follow the one true lifting path like frank and not squat or deadlift at all

More like daily reminder not to compete in a fedora sport so you can win the admiration of a few thousand other people worldwide who do nothing productive with their lives either.

Shoo shoo gains goblin.

>Full of drugs
>Squats and deadlifts 300-400 kgs weekly
>Stupid american iron lyfe mentality
No surprise something snapped.

I should be natty like you then?

I did 3-4 pl8 deadlifts wrong for about an entire year. Finally it got so painful that I had a hard time standing, and I had to quit. That was about 1 year ago, and now I'm dead lifting again after a month or so visiting a chiropractor. My spine was bowed out sideways from the improper lifting. Normally I'm 6'5, when my spine was like that, I was 6'2ish. Basically I fixed it. No problems since. I don't really understand how people can lift enough weight to truly injure themselves assuming they don't do roids and aren't geezers.

>Doing meme lifts
>Ever

LMAO.

>Squats will make you t-rex mode and probably snap your back.
Instead, try leg extensions and calf raises.

>Bench press will give you manboobs and chest gap.
Instead, do flys and tricep extensions. Do your flys on an incline bench to target the upper chest.

>Deadlifts will snap your shit right up from head to toe.
Instead, do leg curls and lunges.

>Shoulder press will give you kyphosis and might snap your back.
Instead, do lateral raises and upright rows.

Standard powerlifting mentality

youtube.com/watch?v=FK_LQtc0ALQ

What was his routine?

Yeah I fucked my back squatting lmao 4pl8 at 16 with shit form (but hey, least I went to depth!)

Hasn't ever been the same, it isn't bad, I can still squat and deadlift, but no, it will never be good anymore.

Luckily I hate living and don't care about my health lol

That's why I don't power lift. Low weight, high reps is the way to go.

>advocating leg extensions, the knee snappiest exercise
>advocating upright rows the shoulder snappiest exercise

>There is no such thing as a dedicated competitive athlete who puts themselves under the bar without fucked joints or back issues.

Not just powerlifting. If you want to be competitive at a high level, you have to put your health in 2nd place.

>inb4 powerlifter >athlete
Point still stands

Nah that's just a few roided americans and some russians who only compete in untested federations. Most powerlifters don't have this cringey "powerlifting is my life" mentality.

Man, Markiplier is jacked.

Lol

This is why you deadlift sumo

Am I less likely to snap my shit up with sumo?

Yes you're also 100% less likely to get a girlfriend because thats pussy shit that even lesbians hate

"...Science, and research, and stupid shit like that to make excuses...". Wow this guy is going to go down hard.

Thats not Markiplier you retard.
This is.

how did you do it wrong

I fell for the meme about putting the same weight on both sides being for autists.

>taking the b8

read over every point he made lmao

You had different weights on each side of the bar? How stupid are you? Answer both of those questions.

Yeah. In retrospect pretty stupid I suppose. I think the more valuable lesson I learned was not to take anything one sees here at face value.

No, that's Filthy Frank.

How much different weight?

My hamstrings were tight and they were pulling my pelvis forward every time I got into position, so my lower back took most of the weight where it wasn't supposed to.
is not me

Watch your muscular imbalances, they'll fuck you up.

Different amounts, obviously. In for a penny and all that.

Just look it up amigo. Sure there are countless interviews of his. He's still in damn good shape.

Do you really expect us to believe that you were putting different amounts of weight on either side of the bar, and then deadlifting it?

I simply refuse to believe that anyone could do such a thing.

Listen buddy, I didn't want people in the gym to think I was some sort of autist or something. I'm very suggestible and it's a character trait I'm working on getting rid of.

>Being a roid monkey and forcing your muscles to lift drastically more weight than your bones and connective tissues have adapted to handle causes injuries
Fixed.

>The next step would be stem cells

is that a motherfuckin goa'uld?

>tfw never go past 315
>tfw usually do 225 for reps
>can do 30 str8 now
looks like I'm in the clear

looking at his routine and it says he did squat

I actually planning to stop progressing on weight as soon as I hit 2pl8 for squat and 3pl8 for DL. Will finish on doing it for 3x12 and that's it

>Isly isley isely when u gun learn bro..

Fuark that takes me back..

>Finally it got so painful that I had a hard time standing, and I had to quit.
I don't understand how people can be in physical pain and not stop and think that something's wrong. I'm paranoid as fuck about injury, every benign sensation I wonder "is this something? Am I going to be one of those people who has shit creep up on them?"
And then I read shit like this and realise no, nothing creeps up on anyone, it's just people being idiots. Just like everyone who's dog just "snaps" was a retard who had no idea they were pushing their dog to breaking point every day of its life, there are retards who put themselves in physical pain and just think "eh, whatever, it's not like I'm physically incapable of even standing, I'm sure I can still lift 300lbs off the ground a bunch of times it's fiiiine."

this is why i train at submax levels and don't compete. any idiot can lift to be stronger than virtually 100% of the walking population.

B-but 1/2/3/4! How will you brag to Veeky Forums?!

he said he was the best at squatting wtf are you talking about? He did all the major lifts and even competed lightly.

there's nothing wrong with progressively overloading. what fucks people up is working up to some theoretical max for a powerlifting meet that could potentially snap their shit up like the OP. there's no reason you can't train well beyond 3pl8s as long as you aren't training like a retard.

how do you spend a year not realizing you are standing 3 inches sideways

I'm also 6'5 with long ass legs. I don't have the right leverages for squatting safely. I have to really put my hip at quite a sharp angle to compensate for my long femurs. I haven't had anything near as bad as you but I've had constant lower back pain and I just think there is no point in continuing with the squat heavy meme anymore. There's literally zero advantage for me.

This is why deadlifting and squatting are memes.

>My hamstrings were tight and they were pulling my pelvis forward every time I got into position, so my lower back took most of the weight where it wasn't supposed to.

At which point could you tell something was wrong? What did you do for your hammys

gee, i wonder what you do for tight hamstrings

or what you do for any tight muscle

it really is a mystery

...buttplugs?

>buttplugs
>tight muscles

i mean, you aren't wrong

D Y E L

>uncle set the NY state deadlift record in the 80s
>walks like 1 leg is 3 inches shorter and has had like 5 knee and back surgeries
lifting super heavy will destroy your body