Why does having a Veeky Forums body matter to you if it serves you no purpose beyond looking aesthetically pleasing?

Why does having a Veeky Forums body matter to you if it serves you no purpose beyond looking aesthetically pleasing?

I can eat more
Everything physically straining in everyday has become so easy I happily do it and people around me thank for it

t. ex fatty waiting for a friend to move again

Its actually doesnt matter to me one bit. I lift for the mental and physical health benefits. Being shredded and huge is just a side effect im curre tly deali g with.

I ask myself the same thing, but you can ask the same about a body that is dyel but a killing machine, whats the point?

I enjoy mosh pitting but I'm a pretty small dude

I've been working out because I'd like to be able to slam around more

My parents both had 7 siblings each so I've a lot of uncles and aunts, all of whom are in their 50's/60's

Very few of them were ever physically active but the ones who were definitely lead higher quality lives. My mother is on several kinds of medication in her mid 50's, constant pain, and she's overweight.

One of my uncles is a similar age but has been running for years. Not only does he look younger but doctors are always complimenting him on his health and his weight.

As my mother has aged I really do worry for her. I want her to see my kids and live her retirement in relative comfort but at this pace she could be bed bound by her 70's

Stay healthy Veeky Forums

what's the last show you went to?

>Welp

I went to do see ADTR because I girl I'm friends with likes them

The pit was surprisingly okay, once all the teenage girls got out of they way it was me, a few dads and a handful of other guys

I dont really mind ADTR, most of it is pretty tame now, but I do enjoy a bit of bro tier metalcore

You sound like you are prohecting pretty hard, OP. I know it's extremely hard to believe, but there's a lot us here that exercise for health reasons instead of looking good or for girls. It's why we're still at it ten years later whereas people like you are constantly on the couch getting fat.

I'm not on the couch getting fat, I do martial arts.

I'm asking why you people don't put your body to use.

Health

Do you think you're the only special snowflake who does sports here?

We do. It's that you are assuming a bunch of shit based on a few autistic manchildren that you read who started lifting for girls.

>no purpose beyond looking aesthetically pleasing
>implying that looking aesthetically pleasing isn't important or gives you power

I mean as the other anons have said, most do in terms of being strong and helping people out with physically straining things.

I think you took the memes for cereal, friendo. There's sure to be fuckbois here who only do it for the ladies but for a majority who do it seriously that just happens to be a side effect of our hobby. It's in use daily, just like your Chinese limb defense.

>I enjoy mosh pitting but I'm a pretty small dude

yeah it's good fun being big in a mosh pit, just pushing cunts out of the way, keep it up user

>Why does having a Veeky Forums body matter to you if it serves you no purpose beyond looking aesthetically pleasing?
because I play rugby so it does serve a purpose

Attraction (not just romantic or sexual) is based on the aesthetic. People are drawn to what is aesthetically pleasing. It's useful.

I'm living with Wales atm so I see a load of rugby lads in pity, once saw a giant ginger Norse god guy completely flaw a kid by accident with a single push, I've always wondered what it was like to have that sort of power

*in the pit

My spellings pretty bad cos I am tired

Fighting is good for actors and professional sportsmen. Im neither of those

First 6 months after I started lifting I noticed 4 major changes.

>Much better posture, actually standing up straight, did wonders for my confidence and people who didnt know me had better first impressions of me (helped me in job interviews)
>Alot more energy, with the lifting lifestyle also came eating better. Always have more energy and dont feel so sleepy and lazy all the time.
>Look 100x better. Skin on face looks better, body looks better, clothes fit better. Just major improvement overall
>Went to a concert last week, and I would usually get pain in my lower back because I had to stand for more than 3-4 hours. I didnt have that anymore.

I mean yeah dude, lifting is just for aesthetics, it serves no other purpose in life....

Better quality of life, longer lifespan, decreased likelihood of age-related illness and dementia, basic life functions become easier. Your heart and immune system are stronger. Your ody handles stress better. There are a myriad of benefits.

No one here actually knows what it means to be fit and this board dropped health a LONG time ago.
They just do meme diets, pass incorrect dieting information betwixt each other, and fuck their joints up with babbys first powerlifting programs while shitting on everything else and think that they're finally getting fit.