Greetings Veeky Forums

Greetings Veeky Forums,

I am sick and tired of being a skinny, limp-wristed faggot. I want to increase the size of my arms to get qts and defend myself from radical leftards punching people in the streets.

Can anyone here recommend a weight lifting regimen to specifically increase the size of my arms and upper body strength?

About me:

>21 y/o
>Male
>145 lbs
>5'11

About my situation:

Pros:
>Skinny with barely any body fat
>Fast metabolism
>Taking a semester off of uni for mental health reasons so I have a lot of time on my hands
>Eat lots of fruit, vegetables and meat
>Don't really drink alcohol too much

Cons:
>Very impatient personality (I've tried to get Veeky Forums before but got frustrated and quit after not seeing results in a short period of time)
>Fast metabolism (hard to gain weight)
>Fucked up sleep schedule
>Eat sugary shit
>Light/heavyish smoker

Can someone help me devise a plan to get bigger arms? I've tried so many times before but got frustrated and quit every time. I feel I need to have a better plan and be more regimented.

>fast metabolism
no you dont

>eat lots
no you dont

Lift arms a lot.

Also, use your legs day to lift arms too.

eat more food and lift heavy weights

> fast metabolism

I used to think so too. I was in a similar position, 6' and 138lbs, about 5 months ago. Been working out and eating at a surplus (3200 calories a day) since then, now I'm 158lbs and on my way to looking like I lift. Just eat more. Peanut butter is a godsend.

Basically you need to bench a lot, OHP a lot, do deadlifts and pull-ups. Tricep and bicep isolation work too. With all of these, focus on adding weight every time you workout.

There are loads of beginner routines out there. Look up Greyskull LP, Stronglifts, Starting Strength, PPL - see which one you like the look of. But for upper body and arms, focus on the lifts I mentioned earlier.

Elaborate pls

I don't really care too much about legs (right now at least) as they're somewhat decent (I used to run a good amount). Can I just skip leg day entirely and work out arms every day?

How many calories? Also, what are the best lifts to do?

There is literally no easy way. You need to acknowledged it is hard and just discipline yourself to do it.

Here is everything you need to do to feel great and look great:

>Full body lifting program based on barbell compound exercises. See Veeky Forums sticky.
>do every exercise to failure. If you get to your last rep on your last set it is time to raise your weights. This is so important.
>drink your calories. 3 shakes a day with oats, an egg, yoghurt and milk. Bananas if you like them.
>quit smoking. You don't even really like it and you're just addicted. Take up smoking weed at night if you need to. Will be lots better and help with your appetite.
>deep fried hash browns. Get a small saucepan with no teflon and a fill halfway with canola oil. Then deepfry a hashbrown with each meal. Upping your carbs will make eating more way easier.

I have been in your exact shoes. The time to make your life perfect is exactly now. Fucking do it right now.

>fast metabolism

no you are not eating

Thanks bro, I'll definitely look those up. What weight did you start benching with?

Thanks bro. I will do this, I know that I have it in me, I'm just being a lazy faggot. It's just that starting is the hardest part. I feel once I get a routine going it'll be easier to get myself to actually go to the gym.

If you don't want to do much legs you can do 1 leg day for every 2 upper body days. Here is my well rounded plan that works best for me. Just make sure you hit every muscle at least once or the rest of your body won't grow. If you do curls every day you will have smaller biceps than someone doing curls every second day and squats every other day. This is because those big muscle exercises force your body to release way more testosterone.

Here is my plan used because of my shit back. You will most likely prefer squats and deadlifts.

Day 1:
3 x 12 Bench press plus warm up sets
3 x 12 Clean and press
3 x 12 shrugs
3 x 12 shoulder raises (front with barbell)

Day 2:
3 x 12 chin ups
3 x 5 wide arm pull ups (i know bitch lats)
3 x 12 curls

Day 3:
3 x 20 lunges (do 3 x 12 squats unless bad back)
3 x 12 deadlifts if back is good
3 x 20 sit ups
3 x 20 calf raises holding barbell

This hits every single muscle. Go it faggot.

Fuck off

It sure will. The only thing you have to do is keep deciding to go. Also eating an absolute fuckload is so so so fucking important. do everything at home if you like. That's what I do. Just need a bench, barbell and chin up bar.

Btw with quiting smoking count the days that you have gone without smoking. When you find yourself craving, think about the fact that those days would all be wasted if you have another cig. Also if you have it you are only making the future harder because the cravings come back.

Decide if you want to be a smoker till you die at 60 being a weak cunt the whole time. If not then you are definitely going to have to quit at some point, so you should do it at the easiest point, which is now.

There is a 3 day hump, but you will find yourself absent mindedly following smokers on the street just for the smell until the 5 month hump. Just keep deciding to not smoke and you will get to where I am: able to have a cig at a party and not even really enjoy it. So so so glad I quit.

You don't have a fast metabolism. That's what all skinny people say, I said the same bullshit. I used to think I ate lots of food but turns out I didn't.

I put your stats into a calorie calculator, just google it if you wanna do it yourself, and your maintenance is 2300. So just eat between 2800 and 3000 calories a day to gain weight, this is the most important part regardless of what you do in the gym. You basically need 1g protein per lb weight, so eat 150g protein, which is 600 calories, something like .5g fat per lb, which is 75g fat, or 675 calories, and the rest in carbs which is about 430g carbs. Download myfitnesspal app to track calories and macros.

Consume 2+ litres of water a day

Start with Starting Strength for your program, look it up and look up the form for every exercise in that program, then once you start progressing you can add some other exercises or change to PPL.

Quit smoking.

Read the sticky faggot

That plan sounds like what I need. I think I'll do that. Thank you my friend.

The biggest reason I smoke is because I'm pretty depressed at the moment. It helps calm me down. I feel like if I start to feel good about myself and my body and start scoring with qts (I haven't had sex in 3 years) I'll start feeling goo to the point where I won't need cigs anymore to fill the void. Thanks man.

Will do my friend. My buddy tells me I don;t eat enough, and he's pretty Veeky Forums, so I definitely need to eat more. I think I've got some great ideas to help me start. I appreciate everything.

I started with 30kg for 8 reps, now I'm up to 67.5kg for 8. First time in my life I have pecs. Go for it user

2 things I recommend.

first: eat 3k calories a day, minimum 150 grams of protien daily

second: do close grip bench press. your arms will literally explode in size. triceps are 2/3 of your arm and they are the prime mover in the close grip bench.

you're gonna make it breh

>430g carbs
wew. isn't that a tab bit too much?
our bodies arent used to so much carbs, no?
there's evena diet around this - keto.

carbs are good for bulking, they are fuel for muscles. Obviously eating too many will make you fat, but if you work hard in the gym they are great for putting on lean mass.

Damn that's quite an increase. I'll do it.

Just looked up a video for close grip bench press. I'll incorporate that.

>you're gonna make it breh

Thank you bro, I needed that.

You could move some of the carbs into protein, but as long as you're hitting your minimum protein and fats it's fine to fill the rest with carbs, plus carbs are cheap.

yeah but come on.
it's said that keto diet(less than 50g of carbs per day?) was actually the normal intake back in the good ole days. now it's 400?
that can't be good for ya m8.
please prove me wrong.

no problem bro. we all started somewhere.

the most important thing is consistency, you wont get jacked over night. If you CONSISTENTLY eat right, and train hard, you will build muscle and lose fat.

Don't fking quit after 2 weeks cause ur lazy or some bullshit.

Eat keto then. I don't care.

all over the world, carbs are the staple in peoples diet. whether its rice or bread or pasta or whatever. carbs are the easiest source of energy for your body, they are cheap. literally its fuel. dietary fat is used to build hormones, and protien is used to build muscle.

Carbs are easily converted to energy so they can be used in the body. your body can also digest fats and protien for energy but its way more difficult to process it into those chemicals.

jacked commies are coming for you OP

That's my biggest issue. It's just getting my lazy ass off of vidya and into the gym that's the tough part.

I know man, that's why I need to get Veeky Forums so that I can defend myself from the Marxcuck hordes. Most of them are faggots, but a good amount of them can actually throw a punch.

Used to be in your "muh fast metabolism" shoes too. Some easy ways to help gain weight:
>get the biggest jar of peanut butter your store of choice carries
>crunchy or smooth, doesn't matter (true patricians get crunchy, though)
>every time you walk by or go in your kitchen, eat a spoonfull
>whenever you go get gas, get one of those king sized payday bars
>seriously, those things are top tier weight gain candy bars due to their protein and calorie count
>if you're not a straightedge fag, pick up smoking a bit of weed to help with your appetite

>Most of them are faggots, but a good amount of them can actually throw a punch
Go to a boxing gym. Seriously. Have boxing be your cardio day. You can be yoked as fuck and you'll still punch like a limp wrist faggot and eat mouthfuls of meat like a feminist in a pizza hut if you don't learn how to actually fight.

>wants to get bigger arms
>suggest boxing

Make sure you stretch the shit out of arms if you're considering taking boxing. You do not want to snap a bicep

You're a fucking retard. You want to just train your arms? why? Do you have any idea how little that will actually help you defend yourself?
And if your goals are women, you should train your whole body, so you don't look like a fucking moron who asks stupid questions on image boards.

You'll look stupid with trained arms and nothing else. Those aren't even the most attractive part for a woman, you stupid little shit, and counts almost nothing for intimidation.

Read the fucking sticky, you ass munching scumbag.

Surprised it took this long. An actual thread with actual genuine replies in /fit what a time to be alive

>Can I just skip leg day entirely and work out arms every day?

hasn't even started going to the gym and he's already a curlbro

Reading the sticky is exactly what OP should have done soon as he entered this board. The sticky is for clueless people, and he is clearly that

>in /fit
>>>/reddit/

>Wants to defend himself from "radical leftists"
>Hasn't had sex in three years
>Makes sense

At l-least I'm n-not a virgin...

Be my Devils advocate, eat all my food, i make you work out
I lose weight , you gain weight