Tfw went to gym for first time today

>tfw went to gym for first time today
>tfw couldn't even bench press the bar
>tfw could only curl 10lbs for 8 reps
>tfw I'm 28

Is this horrible for my first day?

just standard skinny weakling desu

Everyone has to start somewhere. Try to set goals to push yourself.

I started pretty similar OP. Could only do 10lbs for 10 reps. I'm doing 30 now after a year.

Keep at it, progress comes quickly.

>tfw couldn't even bench press the bar
pls be a woman in
L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N

Why are you curling, what kind of shitty ass program is this, enjoy being weak and dyel forever

In a year you added 20lbs?

U wot? My first day I could OHP 120lbs and bench 190, probably helps I didn't live a beta fag life and had a labor job

who the fuck cares what's "good for the first day". Eat lots of chicken, drink lots of milk and get your ass in the gym 4-5 times a week. You can consistently gain 1.5 - 2 lbs of muscle a month if you stay motivated.

This. Do lat pulldowns till you can do pull ups.

> following a program if you aren't a pro bodybuilder

Lol you're retarded

gr8 b8 m8

>30 after a year

No offense but how are guys like you and OP so weak? We're you sheltered basement dwellers your whole life and never had a job?

Yep. Not bragging (obviously), progress is slow for the volume I work for (4 sets of 10 reps with proper form). Still having issues isolating my arms and keeping them in place.

On the other hands I've set a limit of 100lb barbell exercises for anything that requires me to clean the bar to get it on my back. Squats, etc. I hit that shortly into the first year.

I always wonder how someone ends up being unable to bench the bar like that's no harder than pushing yourself up from laying on your bed

Exactly man its like unthinkable for me not to be able to bench the bar

They're grandma tier strength levels

>tfw could only do 30lb dumbell bench for 5 reps my first day

I felt so weak

I played video games all day and was extremely overweight, so yeah I never did hard work in my life.

I only do this at home, 2x a week so progress is slow, but I don't mind. I'm not looking to set records or start a proper routine until I have a power rack at home. Something I just can't do right now living in a tiny apartment.

I've set a 100lb limit for any barbell exercises I do that require me to clean the bar up to get on my back (squats, etc). It took me a year to be able to do 3 sets of 15 reps with this weight. I'm proud of it.

I'm not gonna pile on ya op, but yeah that's pretty bad desu

Lol you wouldn't last 2 minutes at my job

Thats pretty terrible by any standards, but that only means that you're gonna improve really quickly. Godspeed OP

He started only being able to do 10... Tripling his max weight for sets in a year aint bad. If could be curling 150 next year I'd be dancing in the streets

Extremely low test confirmed

So you can't even do a knees down push up? What the fuck? Do you have muscular dystrophy? Are you from the moon?

It wouldn't be bad if you were a 10 year old skinny kid. At 28 it is REALLY bad to be honest, but we all lift to be better, so no judgement

How much do you weigh, OP? Serious question

Don't listen to these tarts. Good for you and keep working. You're ready to join a gym and step it up

Don't be like this guy. This guy is okay with mediocrity. I want you to hit it with everything you've got every day. DONT set limits for yourself, every day you are gonna increase the weight. Hit the gym AT LEAST 4x a week, as a beginner the weights are so light you can recover from that. You can do it OP I B leaf

I'm 6'2" 185lbs

>6'2"

found your problem , stick with just running or cycling man

Right on dude, I do not let detractors get to me.

As long as I make progress I am happy. Limiting weights to my current levels is also allowing me to focus on losing the 80lbs I have left to attain a normal weight. Cutting to 1500 cals a day is tough on my energy levels.

Even if you were an elite neckbeard there is no way you could have progressed so slowly unless you were malnourished or not training hard enough. 4x10 is hypertrophy work but you should have still progressed strength wise. Women progress at a faster rate than that if they apply themselves.

There's no shame in where you and op started but your progress is bizarrely bad.

That's fine, I have a pretty rigid commitment to keeping proper form and maintaining the same sets and reps. If I fail before I meet them then I know I'm not ready to go beyond yet. Obviously I can curl a lot more than 30lbs but doing that 40x is not possible so I don't move up.

Maybe that's the wrong mindset and when I eventually get serious in 2018 and get my power rack I'll be able to focus on that.

Right now 2017 is about getting down to 175lbs and maintaining my current lifting capacity.

Lanklet confirmed

No wonder youre so weak

Or just go to a gym

It's actually harder for you to push yourself off the bed than it is to do ONE press lmao

I'm very self conscious about my body, so I prefer the home route. Too many dickheads with smartphones these days looking to record fatties like myself.

Jesus christ, eat someting, man. Im a 5'10" DYEL and I weigh more

You're 28 and start a thread with politics or trump? No pity.

You're a beginner, don't be hard on yourself. Everyone starts somewhere and the longer you go without lifting, the weaker you'll be at the beginning, but you'll get there if you're consistent and smart about it.

Guys I just picked up a guitar for the first time and I learned 1 chord is this horrible for the first day?

Its ok OP my starting stats were similar to yours, all the anons said with my lifts i was either a woman, injured, or had cancer. I was none of them. 6 months later im benching 55kg though and no longer stick for arms. Gotta be serious about the program tho. Actually feel like a normal human bean now instead of having to wear long sleeves everywhere

> a program

are you guys training to be pro bodybuilders?

Just dropping in to call you a huge faggot who'll literally never make it. The same fear that keeps you from going outside is the fear that will destroy any hope of a career, making actual gains, using those gains for any purpose, and ultimately being a healthy person.

Go ahead, enjoy your maladaptive coping. If you actually wanted to make it you'd conclude that the thing keeping you from making it is inside you.

Nah it's not that weird or out of the ordinary

It took me like 3 months to be able to bench the bar

6 months later (3 months from when I started benching) I'm able to bench like 105 for 5 reps. Still bitch weight but the improvement is definitely there. You'll probably be the same.

Start with dumbbell or straight bar for bench, that way you can bench something lower than 45 lbs.

Don't worry about where you start, just worry about improving consistently, week by week.

What the fuck is this bait

You're projecting too much, friend. Its okay, you may make it if you can conquer your own self doubts.

No why would anyone follow a program if you're not competing? Just lift sets of 8 reps to make hypertrophy gains and you'll make gains easily

No dude you really should listen to . He knows what he's talking about

I believe in you bro, lets make it together.

>why would anyone follow a program if you're not competing?
This kind of thinking is a great way to be mediocre at everything you do in life.

Also following a program allows you to think even less than you already do (which I assure you is very little) about what you need to do in the gym, yet assures that you have some semblance of progress and balance built into your sessions so you are not just dicking around for an excessive amount of time with nothing to show, as is what happens to most gym-goers.

Someone has already done the thinking for you, and has done it better than you ever will. Just do it. It's easier and you'll get better results.

Just don't give up loser

I made my own program after researching lifting, it's called burn the fuck out of your upper body 3x a week with sets of 8 reps and do legs twice a week and it worked great

baby bitch here, anyone got any decent dumbbell routines for OP-tier musclelets?

T-thanks Veeky Forums

fuark yeah brah let's make it

All dumbell exercises but with baby weights until you're stronger

Everyone moves at their own pace man. Hesorry not trying to prove anything to anyone, unlike most of the try hards who go to the gym to be better than everyone else. What a shitty way to live life; that concerned with what everyone else thinks about you. OP may learn to love himself without any lifting. I know this is anti Veeky Forums and all, but in the end you leave your body behind, and you are left with the spirit you've created inside.

I am not the guy you want responding too you, but I benched 225 my first month in the gym, so yes.

that is horrible for your first day. but you can keep going and get better or you can quit and stay the same.

No one cares where you start. Just look at it as having more room for easy improvement.

In his defense, if he means 30lb, that's good.

You should never really go heavy on bicep curls. Seen too many videos of big guys tearing their biceps and watching it snap up into their arm.

Got a friend who's been jacked for ever and he only ever curks 25-30lb.

Please post a body pic.

I have always wondered what someone this weak would look like.

Not trying to be a dick just legit interested.

Jesus OP,

I started at 6'3" 130lbs, and could bench 85lb.

All I can say is don't quit and eat plenty, every day you kill the weak little skeleton inside you.

naw. I curl 50lbs for 3 sets of ten. i used 35s when I 15

Think about it this way: how fucking retarded would this weight lifting be if lanklets like you walked into the gym for the first time and could bench 300 pounds?

these are the type of people posting manlet hate. i see them at the gym all the time. tall af and weaker than a lot of women

But I have never posted manlet hate.
And I'm not weak anymore.

Are we talking dumbbells or barbells here
If the former 30 is pretty good, if barbell it's straight up bad.

then that is your program. are you fucking retarded? you shit on programs and a few comments later you tell us about yours? you are an actual retard

I am 5'10 155 lbs and I still have little belly protrusion mate you must be fat. That guy is normal weight for his height.

I get the need for good form but there comes a time when you need to start trying, it was 11 months ago.

The internet form police have got you so shaken up that you can't acknowledge your progress is objectively awful. If you're doing the lifts and aren't getting hurt then your form is fine and you should bump the weight.

How can you ever know your true potential if you're too afraid of failure to pursue it?

Unless you bench 3pl8 and can curl your bodyweight don't even step in the gym bro

Ain't about how fast you get there. Ain't about what's waiting on the other siiiiiiiiiiiiiiide.

Guys is this thing for "dips"? You can adjust height in it.
I'm new to gym and too autistic to ask people, wish I had a friend in gym(or at all) to ask this shit. I don't want to try like half of the equipment because of this.

Did you read the instructions that are clearly displayed on the wall there?

This. Nigga fat as fuck trying to talk shit.

That's in finnish or some shit. How is he supposed to read that?

I went from 10lbs x 15 to 75 x 8 in 6 months. you're doing something wrong