So, the Doomsday Clock has been set to 2 minutes to midnight, the closest it's ever been since 1953

So, the Doomsday Clock has been set to 2 minutes to midnight, the closest it's ever been since 1953.
bbc.com/news/world-42823734
Are actually that close to complete annihilation? Can anything even be done about it?

>Are actually that close to complete annihilation?
Yes

>Can anything even be done about it?
Dig

>North Korea basically chickening out with reunification talks that aren't gonna go anywhere
No, we're not.

Doomsday clock is a meme.

it's managed by the bulletin of nuclear scientists though

The doomsday clock is essentially the scientists way of doing activism without losing their funding for being annoying.

desu this shit is blatantly political against drumpf, I don't trust any """"respectable"""" institution anymore after 2016

Same. When Trump tomahaked Syria, that was a serious WW3 starter scenario and yet the media praised him for that.

Doesn't stop it from being a meme. If North Korea chimping out is seen as something new and significant then I can only direct those people to study some history.

>our imaginary doomsday toy is now 2 minutes close to apocolypse largely thanks to president Donald Trump

*inhales*

>that was a serious WW3 starter scenario
lol no

stop watching Alex Jones so much. Syria has been a weapons testing platform for the world's major powers since 2012 and nothing else

It wasn't really, he bombed literally the most usless airfield and probably used oldest missiles in stocks since half of them failed to detonate.
I doubt Assad or Putin weren't aware of this attack prior to it happening. It was just a good way to flex political muscules without causing an incident.

doesn't stop it from being a clear provocation against russia, we are lucky that putin was reasonable enough to understand action against nato would lead to world war 3

How's ninth grade?

how's not understanding global diplomacy?

Yup. The only thing worse than magapedes in our day and age are so called "respectable" liberals and their constant hysterics.

We need to burn it all and start over.

Dig is fucking right that being the Only hope for survival of mankind.

Says the person who thinks a Syrian airstrike almost caused WW3, that's pretty funny.

>Says the person who thinks a Syrian airstrike almost caused WW3
I said it COULD have caused it, if Putin so wished, don't twist my words cunt, alternatively get better at reading comprehension.

This clock serves naught but to manufacturing more conflict

>I said it could
No, it couldn't.

>muh putin

Yeah, WW3 could start if any world leader so wished, is that your argument?

see how folks talk to each other.
o yea it is all over for this planet.

Putin had actual justification to take military action in that Russia's ally was attacked by NATO, if he wanted war he could have easily started it right there, deny it all you want if it makes you feel more secure about the state of the world.
>Yeah, WW3 could start if any world leader so wished, is that your argument?
Not any world leader has control of the largest nuclear arsenal in the world cunt

We are closer now to nuclear war than we were during the Cuban missile crisis? Or when Soviet hardliners were threatening a coup against Gorbachev in 1991? Fucking really?

Why do they constantly lie?

>Or when Soviet hardliners were threatening a coup against Gorbachev in 1991?
And what would they have done after this if they'd succeeded, immediately nuked the USA? It was already over by that point, this wasn't a Tiananmen scenario where force could still be used to maintain order. The USSR had lost all legitimacy.

Your planet's fucked.
Place is a cesspool.

Now you're proposing that there would be nuclear strikes as well?

Your idea of the international arena is medieval. 50 years ago you wouldn't find so many russians living in the US, or vis-versa. Things have changed, cooled off, leaders recognize that infinitely more prosperity would result from NOT engaging in a conflict.

Are you saying Earth is a... shithole?

>leaders recognize that infinitely more prosperity would result from NOT engaging in a conflict.
exactly the point i made when i said putin was reasonable enough to recognize conflict should be avoided, try reading the entire reply before responding

>le 1913 face

this desu, up until august 1914 no one expected global war, and even then no one expected it to be nearly as bloody or last nearly as long

Apples to oranges desu

The doomsday clock has always been made out to be more than what it is, but it's moved into meme territory when it changed its criteria to also include climate change. Now it is no longer about entirely about the chance of nuclear war, instead choosing to attempt to represent two totally different things poorly on the same scale.

>it's managed by the bulletin of nuclear scientists though

Exactly. Their field of expertise is nuclear science, not predicting the end of the world. This is a typical case of "We know a lot about x, so let us tell you about y!"

Proof it's retarded and being controlled by people who have no qualification in gauging how close the world is to nuclear war.

Thanks for conceding, this was getting monotonous.

>Putin gonna start WW3 because the US bombed a Syrian airfield

You are fucking retarded. Putin is a smart man and the relation between the US and Russia is reasonable enough. They probably informed the Russians before they did it.

Not him but you didn't. The military action was enough to warrant a reaction, but nuclear warfare for a fucking proxy war wasn't on the table

>nobody expected puberty
>know that it can't happen again

>higher than 1962 or 1983
I cringed. It's obvious someone is pushing the "fuck drumpf" agenda. The only nuclear doomsday that could happen is between USA and Russia and considering the new start treaty and the lack of any serious tention, it is completely unprobable the clock should be at 23:52 at most.

Precisely this
>it's 1 second to midnight because BLUMPF *claps* IS *claps* A *claps* FASCIST!!!!!

Why is climate change such a threat anyway? I know this probably seems like a ridiculously stupid/naive question, but what could possibly be worse for the environment than a global thermonuclear war?

You do not understand how Russia conducts diplomacy

>25 year rule

NOBODY is starting a thermonuclear war for fuck sakes. Stop talking about it like it's reasonable concern

>Trump is at odds with some banana republic so total nuclear obliteration is looming closest since the cold war

I'm not a huge magapede etc. but do these motherfuckers believe the shit they say?

>Are [we] actually that close to complete annihilation?
The only country in any danger of nuclear "annihilation" is North Korea.

Unless the desperate alt-left higher ups find a way to false flag us to start a larger war.

Nuclear scientists understand fuck all about politics

Do you know what a Banana Republic is?

But you, neither a nuclear scientist nor a politician, are well versed in the subject.

Well NK is totally bananas if you grapple with me lad

>a manchild controlling the keys to armaggedon cant possibly affect the chance of it happening

About as much as those scientists.

>heh, how could our based POTUS ever start a nuclear war, heh that shit is absurd, just fucking leave Trump alone
>FUCK DUDE KILLARY IS UNIRONICALLY GONNA DROP NUKES ON RUSSIA AND START WW3 IF SHE GETS ELECTED DONT VOTE FOR HER VOTE FOR BASED DONALD

>he thinks Trump controls the button for every nuke in the country
Pro-tip, the Nuclear Football is just a satellite phone he can use to order a strike. There are still thousands of silo technicians between him and the missiles.

RENT FREE

I'm not even American and you're just a retard

Go complain about the MAYNSTREEM METEOR and those evil librahlz some more :^)

Doomsday clock is a PR stunt

So you’re saying is no Trump supporters ever said that Hillary was gonna start WW3? You’re honestly claiming that?

>So you’re saying is no Trump supporters ever said that Hillary was gonna start WW3? You’re honestly claiming that?

How can you think so non-sequitorially? Are you literally daft?

She wanted a no-fly zone over Syria no?

>Nuclear war with Russia
Apocalyptic
>Nuclear war with North Korea
A joke

>hehehe it’s okay if SOME of our cities get nuked hehehe thank god I voted for BASED TRUMP

>FUCKING BLUMPF IT WAS HER TURN REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ITS LITERALLY THE END OF THE WORLD
Maga fags are annoying but the election literally broke liberals brains and turned them into insane conspiracy theorists

>he thinks NK's missiles can reach the US

>manchild
>Winner of the US presidential elections

Pick one and only one. Preferably watch a little less CNN as well.

>shareblue-file-rename-before-posting

>Implying North Korea could get a missle past our defense systems, even IF they could reach us

Fuck Trump is so based. Look at all this buttblasted libtards in the comment section. Absolutely seething! Fucking Sad! Those fucking libturds just don’t get that he’s unironically playing 4D Chess and making America Great Again! And when he does it he’ll deport those commies back to Mexico where they belong! GOD BLESS THE UNITED STATES AND POTUS!

What exactly are you triggered about?

you sound assblasted

As much as I enjoy Trump making liberals asshurt what has he as an actual president to deserve praise? Literally all his policies so far jusr benefits the richcand fucks over the rest, like his new tax reform.

>liberal SJWs trying to use redpilled terms
Fucking commies can’t meme.

uh oh, the trumpanzee couldn't refute so he just posted a reaction image and buzzwords.

who could have foreseen such an outcome?

>Fucking commies can’t meme

Wait so the doomsday clock didn’t change when Pakistan and India, two nuclear powers, went to war?
It didn’t change during the Cuban missile crisis?
What? North Korea is a more significant threat of nuclear war than those were?!
Americans are fucking insane there’s not other explanation

>yfw living in the age when burgermalia gets nuked.

>like his new tax reform.

His new tax reform benefits pretty much everyone in America. It gets rid of that ridiculous high tariff you had before, and simplifies the system. It will most certainly increase the amount of foreign profits that will be repatriated to the US by big internationals. This will increase US tax revenue and thus help the country as a whole.

Not to mention a lot conservative legislation has been put in place, which the democrats have failed to notice because they are too busy screaming about the horrible thing Trump did last. Also, like it or not, part of the economic boost of the last year is in fact attributable to Trump and his policies.

Wow, thanks a lot Drumpf...

>It didn’t change during the Cuban missile crisis?
The clock is only updated once a year. MAybe in the interval between the crisis and the next year things had deescalated enough.

FUCKING BLUUUUMMMPPPFFFFF AHHHHHHHH REEEEEEEEE

>posting normiebook memes

>posting cucksona and annie may

wew cuck

>daft

The eternal *nglo rears it’s head

There you go.

t. Restofworld

>no one expected a war
>Crimean War, Franco-Prussian War, and Russo-Japanese War were all relatively recent
>literally every military thinker and most politicians expected a war in the near future because the balance of power was shifting
>Germany's railroads were organized by the military for a future war with France and Russia
>Britain's colonies were fitted to serve as Mahanian naval bases
>Austria-Hungary and Russia were already squaring up
What the fuck are you talking about?

no, it's just a retardedly alarmist metric which has no alternative than to further inflate current events

This

He doesn't even do anything, he just plays golf on the taxpayer dime and shitposts on twitter all day

I'm not a fucking drumpftard but putting the clock closer to armageddon than during the fucking cuban missile crisis is retarded

1. We don't know if the norks have successfully mated a nuclear warhead with an ICBM
2. there's a good chance our patriots would catch them before they reached the continental US

>implying golfing isn't an incredibly effective way of conducting business and building professional relationships

Youre bananas user

stop talking

Why would I play golf when I could conduct my business at Dave And Busters?

The doomsday clock is alarmist nonsense, as a previous user said just an advocacy platform for scientists with no training or real understanding of geopolitics

relations between the great powers is as harmonious as it’s been for a hundred years. climate change is a thing, but it’ll take another couple of hundred years for that pot to boil over

I’d say it’s around 530-600pm

Because foreign diplomats and domestic business men wont take you seriously in that environment. Learn to be an adult.