I want to be able to defend myself in a fight. I almost had a bad encounter at a bar tonight and realized to myself...

I want to be able to defend myself in a fight. I almost had a bad encounter at a bar tonight and realized to myself, wow I'm a little bitch and probably couldn't defend myself. Any tips please?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rDWLWd8WjBc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Go take a martial art, you won't win any fight from tips on the internet.

>judo for self defense

enjoy your destroyed joints from repeatedly doing the toshiba yamasaki throw or something

Honest question: what's the best martial art to defend yourself when outnumbered by thugs?

inb4 sprinting

Kickboxing.

Can't tell if this chart is serious or not

If you are destroying your joints in judo, the problem is the instructor. There is a reason why judo is called the gentle art.

Ignorant here, isn't judo mostly about takedowns and locks? How's that helpful in a street brawl? I mean sure, takedowns are useful, but he can still get up. How is a takedown better than a good knock-out punch?

Do boxing, muay thai or kickboxing. Everything else is a meme for street fights or just to make you feel better in a sport environment

>Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Professor Daryell Dickson Menezes Xavier beat up and raped his 1 year 8 months old step son in Taguatinga, suburb of Brasilia. He turned himself in, with his lawyer, and was held for a 30 day

>Daryell was raped by about 20 prisoners. He had injuries all over the body, the most serious ones in the anal region. Insatisfied, and still furious about the crime committed by the professor, the prisoners tore apart the stitches that he received and raped him again. The blood stains on the rear of the short of the young man are proof of how much he suffered.

Chokes. Footwork, takedowns and chokes.

Bjj and aikido have all the joint locks.

>Do you want to win a fight? Ameridote
>Are you homophobic? Muay Thai

The flow chart is retarded

Throwing people on their backs on solid concrete or asphalt is usually a good way to win a fight.

If you want to win, aim for the genitals and eyeballs and don't give him a second to breathe. Use anything around you that could do damage, there's no honor in getting the shit beat out of you so fight dirty.

faster just to chin them mid-sentence

sucker punches are the best way to win a fight

and boxing will make you the greatest sucker puncher

These charts are fucking memes

t. aikidoka

learn to avoid conflict

This has to be the most beta comment I have ever read.

Go for the eyes and testicles. Never hold back.

just go to the mma gym and learn the ground and pound.

>Kicking someone unconscious in the head

There's a special place in hell for cunts like that

>spiderweb tattoo
>giant rape shit stain

Fucking kek.

Yeah, because confrontation always ends well...

youtube.com/watch?v=rDWLWd8WjBc

Holy fuck that's brutal

>literal straw man

I'm not saying you should always get physical, but you shouldn't run away from problems, or bullies.

As far as fighting is concerned, it's the best piece of advice one can give. Also, as you seem concerned about losing face and/or ego, you should realize that avoiding a fight is entirely possible without losing or bruising them respectively. Fighting isn't quite as glorious or honourable as people make it out to be. Even after more than half a decade of Judo and almost as many years of BJJ (and various others) I'd still rather avoid a fight, despite being capable of throwing about people with easy.

>Insatisfied

The guy in the video did what you just said and ended up in jail. If he hadn't been belligerent then maybe he wouldn't have a class A misdemeanor or pay a $4000 fine.

Oh yeah, and you don't know what a straw man is.

Meant for

>. Fighting isn't quite as glorious or honourable as people make it out to be
t. homosexual

Do you think so?

I think you wanted to say my comment was akin to "solve everything through conflict", which is not what I meant. So turning my argument from "You should sometimes stand your ground and not avoid conflict" to "solve everything through conflict", which sounds pretty straw man to me. Perhaps it wasn't your intention, and I admit my comment was pretty vague.

Your "argument" was "This has to be the most beta comment I have ever read." which isn't even an argument to begin with.

Holy shit you're right.

Fuck my ADD has been acting up.

What I meant is that "always running away from your problems" is not good.

But wait the fuck up. That's not what you said... exactly. Meaning that I was the one pulling off the straw man.

What the fuck. I apologize.

Ever sent someone to the ER for what you later realized was no good reason at all? It's not a good feeling, this needlessly fucking someone up.

Take thai-box/kick-box, non-olympian boxing, everything else is a meme. Fit likes Brazilian Jiu Jitsu too but I know nothing about that. Never take anything "olympian", it means that it is watered-down for people who just want to do some sport, not for people who really want to be able to defend themselves.

Practice kicking until late you can kick someone in the head. Most people you will meet will not expect to be kicked in the head all of a sudden so make sure you can do it in a split second and your opponent will be down for the count

>Stop! Don't kick me! Let me grab your bushido first!
>Oh shit he is shirtless, has no yamakasi on, dude, here, put this kabuto on so I can grab it and toss you over my shoulders thx!

This is what puts me off learning judo.

Just grab a handful of pectoral muscle instead

>grab your bushido first!
isn't bushido a moral code? not a physical thing you can grab?

>moral
honor or whatever

I meant the katakana judo fags have to wear.

I'm in the same position as OP and am trying to choose between learning Krav Maga and Muay Thai. Any advice?

I don't know what that is. is it like some sort of sash that has a word on it?

Just letting you know, I did judo when I was younger and absolutely had an advantage during krav memega because of that.

Judo learns you to be more grounded and allows you to throw people more easily. Resulting in: less you on the ground, more the other guy on the ground.

This fucking inuyasha for fuck's sake.

Worst bouncers I've ever seen, they must've gotten fired for that.