Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BTw7b6xG4uo
youtube.com/watch?v=xpYRD5b50pc
steemit.com/trending/dmamapping
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

youtube.com/watch?v=BTw7b6xG4uo

Smart Contracts for Enterprise

youtube.com/watch?v=xpYRD5b50pc

Is there any incentive to run a node if you're not using your own APIs? I'm still really unclear about who the intended node operators are.

Also curious. Maybe API's can be provided from other sources?

Getting paid in the ChainLink token retard, that's literally the entire point

This -- nobody seems to understand the answer. For us mere mortals that might want to set up a node and stake LINK, is there any sense in doing so if we can't actually provide the network with access to some kind of API data?

Well that makes sense. I guess sergey is trying to boost ProofOfStake off big companies with the unsold link?

how many LINK can i make doing this if i got 40k LINK?

also not sure. if im not providing an API - will my node get used?

The intended node operators are anyone with access to data that is useful to smart contracts. A ton of desirable data is publicly available to anyone with an internet connection. The most obvious and immediate would be the fiat value of cryptos, which you could scrape from CoinMarketCap and exchanges. Other useful data that you with your normal PC could have access to include, off the top of my head:
Weather
Traffic
Status of servers
Stock and commodity values
Event outcomes (sports, contests, lotteries)
Item prices on secondary markets like eBay and Amazon
Review scores for movies, TV, and video games

The whole point of ChainLink is that you get multiple nodes checking multiple data sources each, forming a consensus. Specific classes of data that are more rare - the kind you might have to subscribe and purchase from data providers to even access - would correspondingly be worth more LINK to provide.

Sorry, I cant check it rn
What data is in demand already?
What language are nodes inplemented?
Is there a gui to this process?

So does that mean it takes actual work?
or is it like mining bitcoin?

Best thread I've seen on LINK yet. Let's build a community based on this, not fear and panic.

so basically i could make my own weatherstation plug a raspi to it and provide my data via a chainlink to the network in a smartcontract, because pple would like to know how the weather is in my shit village?

yes actual work to implement an api onto chainlink

Yes you could, but as you surmised such data would be in low demand. Now if you wrote a program to scrape wx data from a bunch of different sources, not only would you have valuable data fed to a contract, you would also have other nodes doing the same, verifying and hence increasing the value of said data.

How many long LINK do u need for node?

Fuck off to plebbit, pajeet scum.

Node operators translate API data to blockchain data.
It doesn't matter whether that API data is yours or someone else's.
What matters is how desirable and correct your data is.

Node operators carry out the oracle computations, and some more things.
It's honestly all in the WP.

None.

oh duh. that makes sense.
So much potential.

Can we start getting paid to actually run it?

If there's a need for your services, that's the plan.
Not sure if everything is up and running already, I'm working.

What is this guy talking? What the fuck is dmamaping?

steemit.com/trending/dmamapping

Umm, wrong thread :)