Hard To Google Amateur Questions Thread

Sup Veeky Forums, I've been exercising for a while (rowing, wrestling) but never took that shit, or how I look, seriously until recently. I've been lifting every day in addition to winter training for rowing and I got a few questions I can't get a straight answer on.

1. Is doing extremely high reps and low weight a bad thing? I've been doing 5lb by 500-750 consecutive bicep curls somewhat regularly, and do lots of low weight high rep shit in combination with some high weight low rep shit. I understand the concept of muscular endurance, but will doing low weight high rep not tone my muscles as effectively/build muscle as effectively as high weight low rep/

2. I had a pretty serious tailbone-related injury due to wrestling a few years ago, and now my tailbone hurts when I deadlift. What should I do?

3. Is working all of my target muscle groups every day a bad thing? How necessary are rest days? Are rest days just a meme lazyfags made up or am I negatively effecting my overall gains?

Also, general amateur question thread

>I've been doing 5lb by 500-750 consecutive bicep curls somewhat regularly

Serious question, do you have a fucking brain tumor?

Explain 1/2/3/4

>I've been doing 5lb by 500-750 consecutive bicep curls somewhat regularly

7/10 made me reply and I nearly typed a paragraph

im also an amateur and a retard, could you tell us why this is bad?

1. go big or go home, 2.5 lbs for 900-1000 reps cmon
2. squat plug, the name is misleading it helps for DLs too. do not use during sumo DL
3. blatant lazy normie meme. muscles recover enough when you sleep

Looking for an IG account with natty body builders only

Any help prease

> 1. Is doing extremely high reps and low weight a bad thing? I've been doing 5lb by 500-750 consecutive bicep curls somewhat regularly, and do lots of low weight high rep shit in combination with some high weight low rep shit. I understand the concept of muscular endurance, but will doing low weight high rep not tone my muscles as effectively/build muscle as effectively as high weight low rep/

The concept of "toning" is a meme. That's fat loss. The only thing doing those 5lb curls are doing wasting your time, and making us question where on the autism spectrum you are. Unless you're roiding, in a very general sense low weight and high reps is less effective than heavier weight with less reps. Same with isolation exercises vs compound exercises.

>2. I had a pretty serious tailbone-related injury due to wrestling a few years ago, and now my tailbone hurts when I deadlift. What should I do?

See a doctor.

3. Is working all of my target muscle groups every day a bad thing? How necessary are rest days? Are rest days just a meme lazyfags made up or am I negatively effecting my overall gains?

Again, unless you're roiding they're fucking mandatory. You will make zero gains over any appreciable period of time. FFS, just get on SL 5x5 for a year and then come back when you're looking for a more advanced routine. None of this is difficult.

Low weight high rep already sacrifices strength for tone and endurance. Usually this is done with sets of 15-30. When you work out at that set range, your body produces lactic acid because lack of oxygen. Which is fine in small amounts. In large amounts, it's really fucking bad for you. Now you're losing those calories too.

Imagine what an endurance runner looks like, almost completely emaciated.

So if you want to look like the buffest dude in Auschwitz, sure, do that

That's the best explanation I've ever gotten, thanks a ton pal

Witnessed

Heavy lifts and good form are in your future

I hope so, I've been feeling self conscious about being a fat fuck, so I've decided to turn it around

Hope it works, as I'm only doing bodyweight training and reducing calorie intake (btw 5'7 220lbs)

number of 45 lbs/20 kg plates on each side of the barbell in the exercise order of ohp/bench/squat/deadlift

so 1/2/3/4 is 60 kg ohp/100 bench/140 squat/180 deadlift

>5lb x 500 bicep curl

Yea that's bullshit. That would actually be extremely tiring.

Nice meme post tho

cartilage rehab usually has you do reps in 500-1000+ range

Low and slow. Lean muscle burns fat like nobody's business. Start high rep low weight (15-30) until weight is dropping, then start higher weight sets of 10. Then when you're at a good weight, time to start low rep high weight and Broden will bless you with a godlike swole.

"Blessed is he who is swole of body, swole of spirit, and swole of mind"

nobody has left humanity behind from cartilage rehab though

I should know, I had to last year, am still a small faggot kek

I doubt with 5 pounds, though. I'd think more like 1 pound of resistance.

Danke

I knew it was plates etc. Just not which order.

Thing is, I used to work out a lot, and I've done boxing for almost two years, so there is still some muscle under me, but It's gotten all weak and shit. I remember being able to do 10 pull ups on one arm... good times

>tone

OP checking back in. I've been doing low weight high rep because I gave it a shot once while visiting my parents (all they had were 3lb) so I did super high rep and saw nearly immediate results and continued from there. I've experienced no negative effects from low weight high rep, don't really even get sore from it at this point, but I look physically more tone and slightly bulkier after ~2 weeks doing this.

I didn't take lactic acid and such into consideration, but that's the only thing that makes sense concerning low weight high rep as a negative. I'm gonna switch back to normal lifting but more frequently.