Do you see WW3 happening anytime in the near future?

Do you see WW3 happening anytime in the near future?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_state_petitions_for_secession
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No. But I can totally see the 2nd American civil war.

Yes, between the Neo Mongolian Empire and the Inca-Aztec league.

I want this so bad.

How would it be fought? Would the entire military be united against an insurgency? Would military branches fracture off and fight each other? Would citizens be killing each other in the street and looting?

Id imagine the Feds vs more independently minded states who have declare succession (Texas, California, etc).

It would be a class war.

No it would just be the entire planet vs a few thousand frustrated nu male contrarians who would die to be edgy and special and different.

war is sweet to those who have never experienced it

Dude you should write that down!

>LaughingJunger.jpg

>I want this so bad.
*gets shot*

watch that edge user

>Modern world powers
>World War
Lmao they just stick to proxy wars nowadays. The World Powers know they need each other and so they just limit their shitfights in shitholes.

The fucking pussies.

lol

Same

Ernst Jünger would say otherwise

Absolutely, it's all over.

>"War isn't like a cake that the two sides divide up between them to the last crumbs; there is always a piece left. That's the piece for the gods, and it remains outside the argument, and it elevates the fighting from sheer brutality and demonic violence. Homer knew and respected it."

t. ankie

It would a genocidal race war that makes the Turner Diaries look like children's literature by comparison.

arent we already? just because we arent tearing up our own soil it doesnt mean we are at peace

Only Americans would get shot :^)

Did you know that you have to be older than 18 to post in this website?

This is actually much more likely to happen.

Not happening. States are too weak with respect to the federal government. Only a few states have true independence movements and usually it is in the interest of breaking up the state into smaller states, rather than breaking off and forming an entirely separate country.

Proxy wars are the present and future until the global status quo collapses from a combination of climate change, mass migration, and political and economic brittleness

Probably similar to the Spanish civil war

>Not happening.

Everyone except President Trump (by virtue of the fact he wouldn't have a country left to govern) seems pretty hellbent on it at this point.

> States are too weak with respect to the federal government. Only a few states have true independence movements and usually it is in the interest of breaking up the state into smaller states, rather than breaking off and forming an entirely separate country.
>implying it will be states' vs the national government like last time

Think more Russian/Yugoslav Civil War friendo. Central government disintegrates and you have several different factions mass-murdering each other on the basis of racial and ideological differences.

I'll eat my hat if the united States ever breaks out into civil war, people take for granted just how resilient the system is. There have been low key race riots in the united States every five years since the 60s and the system just keeps absorbing them and getting stronger and stronger.

The idea of the world nuclear powers shooting at each other is even less likely.

Sorry kiddos if you want to fight in a civil war go sign up to be PMC in Africa or something.

Personally, I think it would likely be Militias United under a single leadership carrying out guerilla strikes in Southern states.

I imagine the military would see large desertion as unlike the first time, there’s no great moral sin like slavery to justify the war. The government would have to fight with one hand behind its back too. It can bomb rebel areas up to a point but they launch one nuke and they’ll face giving a casus belli to countries to “liberate the rebels from the US’s oppressive government.”

Traditional enemies like Russia or China would almost certainly train the rebels and arm them.

I understand that you think that way, but the culture clash of the north and south seems to be the worst it’s been since the 1800s to me.

>people take for granted just how resilient the system is

Yeah, when it's run by people who are actually semi-competetant. Now we literally have a Yankee Orangutan running the show and he's considered the better of the two candidates.

>There have been low key race riots in the united States every five years since the 60s and the system just keeps absorbing them and getting stronger and stronger.

That's a sign of social disintegration, not getting stronger. By that logic, Yugoslavia should be a thriving nation, except it doesn't exist anymore.

>China and Russia wou-

Not if the Navy is still patrolling the coastline

One nice solar flare will suffice.
Wipes out all of you Jew fucks.

You'd need a lot more ships than the US Navy currently possesses to intercept even a fraction of the ships that enter American ports on a daily basis.

Arming rebels is different than outright military support. It takes only a plane to land in Mexico and get past the border.

Americans are locked too tightly into a contest to see which side loves peace, responsibility, and the rule of law the most. Both sides accuse the other of being violent thugs looking for gibs. Even the CSA sought to establish a legal precedent for separation and it took decades of fruitless squabbling before it came to blows.

American politics has always been a torrid, messy affair that provokes bitter feelings, yet when faced with political loss the other side plots it’s electoral vengeance, rather than disavow the system. It was designed by geniuses to be run by idiots.

>Russian civil war
America neither has a peasantry, nor an autocratic government which simultaneously neglects and oppressed them while getting spanked in war, the one thing autocrats claim to be good at.

Rural V. Urban bro. Organized food convoys into the cities getting hit by mad-max rednecks.

White nationalist Khmer rogue now!

All PoC who wear glasses to the mass graves!

Yugoslavia, 1990s Somalia, 1930s Spain, and 1910s Russia combined into one horrific conflagration. Oh yeah and nuclear weapons.

>HEY SKEETER We got us a nigress who dun say she has no glasses
>Bring out that there posters with the letters, we gonn' see if she lyin'

>It was designed by geniuses to be run by idiots.

Except what happens when the idiots start rewriting the Constitution to the point where it no longer bears the slightest semblance to the original document?

>America neither has a peasantry

No, but it has always had a permanent underclass of sorts. One might argue the Federal government's sudden support for civil rights was an attempt to remove/add social mobility to that underclass because it was a potential flaw that could be exploited by the Soviet Union (just as the peasantry had been undoing of the Russian Empire), but it's still there. Some might say it's gotten worse with the influx of uneducated immigrants from Latin America.

>autocratic government which simultaneously neglects and oppressed them

People from Harlem or Detroit would say otherwise.

>while getting spanked in war, the one thing autocrats claim to be good at

Every significant US Military action since WW2 has ended in miserable failure (Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan) or stalemate (Korea). They have been extremely unpopular at home and outright disastrous abroad.

rural wouldnt give a shit, it's just full city guerrilla, fatties on their scooters shoting freedom to niggers until they run out of fuel and get eaten alive by more niggers who will reproduce at outstanding rate to compensate their losses

If any state tries to leave, itll be California, not the south

You might get a couple of terrorist cells like that, but Uncle Sam isnt going to let an entire army form under it's spying nose

Ferguson was a low grade soccer riot compared to the race riots common in the 60s and 70s.

Am rural, can confirm nobody gives a shit out here. Especially while the conservatives are in charge

Right? Oh no, the black community is self destructing on itself, how terrible for everyone else it doesnt affect at all

You'd be hard-pressed to find Californians who are willing to kill and be killed for independence, you wouldn't find a shortage of Southerners willing to do the same.

t. Californian

I said try to leave, not successfuly leave ;^)

Except alphabet soup agencies are rarely competent at their job. Hence why mass shootings are still a regular occurrence.

Only way to explain ZOG toppling down China and Russia.

Jew fucks? Fuck you You fuck.
God of the Hebrews and Jews.

If you want to have even the slimmest shot at independence, you need people who are willing to fight for it. We're not like Texas or the South at large where they have a history of revolt (American Revolution, Texan Revolution, American Civil War etc.) and a strong shared culture and identity to bond them together. Californians simply just don't have that.

What reason would the south currently have for trying to leave the union?

Revenge for the last war mainly.

I didn't say it was a sensible motive, but a motive nonetheless.

>Except what happens when the idiots start rewriting
You need to retake civics 101. Adding amendments to the constitution is very difficult, and virtually impossible in today’s political climate. There’s an argument over whether it should be interpreted literally or metaphorically but that’s something else.

>No, but it has always had a permanent underclass of sorts.
Who see themselves as temporarily embarrassed millionaires, not as an exploited proletariat

>Harlem
Is gentrified and filled with white people anywhere that there aren’t price controls

>Detroit
The victim of creative destruction, and a cautionary tale about a city putting all its economic eggs in a single basket. It was a failure of leadership, but not because the leadership was autocratic, just short-sighted.

You would have been better off mentioning somewhere like Flint, MI, where Republicans have used Gerrymandering to deprive them of a real voice. But that’s a problem to be solved with nonpartisan districting, not by throwing the democratic baby out with the bath water.

>Every significant US Military action since WW2 has ended in miserable failure
And yet we won the Cold War and are still the world’s largest and most powerful military, by far

>Revenge for the last war mainly
Lolwut? Theyre all dead mate.

I stand by what I said unless someone comes up with a real reason why another state is more likely to want to leave in the current situation. California is the most likely to attempt to leave (diplomatically) as theyre the most butthurt right now, at least until Democrats come back into power. We already had Calexit after the election

>Lolwut? Theyre all dead mate.

Almost all of the survivors of the 1798 Rebellion and Potato Famine in Ireland were dead by 1916, that still didn't stop Michael Collins and others from invoking it to stir rebellion against the British Crown.

Has there been any recent evidence of any actual southern state governments planning to succeed "because of civil war revenge"? Or are you just pulling this shit out of your ass?

I don't see it. The reason is most people are "content enough" to just leave the system as-is.

>Yeah, when it's run by people who are actually semi-competetant. Now we literally have a Yankee Orangutan running the show and he's considered the better of the two candidates.
Yeah and guess what, regardless of how bad or good he is, he's gone in 7 years maximum

>t but they launch one nuke and they’ll face giving a casus belli to countries to “liberate the rebels from the US’s oppressive government.”
Yeah that's real smart, get involved with a country that has the power to glass half the planet when they've just proved they're actually willing to use them. If anything it gives other countries the excuse to pre-emptively nuke the US into dust.

>Except what happens when the idiots start rewriting the Constitution to the point where it no longer bears the slightest semblance to the original document?
user there's a reason that it takes so long to get an amendment passed, it's designed to be a very lengthy process that you can't pass without majority approval.

Pretty sure Detroit blames the auto companies closing up for the city's failure, not the government.

California seems to be under the delusion that you're just allowed to secede if you're unsatisfied enough with the government. Even though the Civil War kinda set in stone that when you join, that shit's forever bitch.

There's a difference user, the old world just lets the hate stay a lot longer. For better or worse, Americans get over this shit easier.

>succeed

Secede user. Secede.

What I mean is there is a prevailing attitude of resentment in the South at the loss of the war. A resentment that could be exploited by any prospective group wanting to overthrow the US government, just as resentment at the loss of World War I was exploited by the Nazis in Germany and the Bolsheviks in Russia.

And yes, there has been an uptick in secessionist sentiment as recently as 2012.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_state_petitions_for_secession

So when the Dems were in charge, as in not current conditions.

Why would they try to leave the Union while they are currently getting their way?

>still holds a grudge over pearl harbor

>until the global status quo collapses from a combination of climate change, mass migration, and political and economic brittleness

You mean basically now

>Central government disintegrates and you have several different factions mass-murdering each other on the basis of racial and ideological differences.

That would be fun to see

I think the media have a big responsibility in framing reality. You may have the impression that a civil war is about to happen while in reality most of the people just don't care.
>OR
Maybe the influence of the media is so powerful that civil war becomes a self-fulfilling profecy

I'm not from the US though, so I can't really speak for an american.

>You may have the impression that a civil war is about to happen while in reality most of the people just don't care.
>Maybe the influence of the media is so powerful that civil war becomes a self-fulfilling profecy

It's the latter. Just look at the uptick in politically-motivated riots that have broken out in the last two years.

Speaking of self-fufilling prophecies, the political spectrums, the left-wing in particular, have doubled down on tightened the cultural stranglehold over American society, thinking it won't trigger an escalating backlash.

If the Turner Diaries are to be considered a blueprint for starting a violent far-right revolution where America drowns itself in a sea of blood, the far-left are doing everything that book says will cause a violent far-right revolution under the impression that they are somehow preventing it. They are in fact, creating a self-fufilling prophecy, by playing into the hands of their enemies and making American culture so toxic that it drives previously moderate or non-aligned people into far-right politics. Right and Left have basically been setting each other up for civil war for the past several decades. The deadly result of their collective short-sightedness is coming to fruition, it might've already done so had the election gone differently (I honestly believe Trump ran for President to act a pressure valve for the Right and stop them from becoming violent).

>I'm not from the US though, so I can't really speak for an american.
The media probably does paint America on the brink of "civil war", but we are vastly far from anything.

Riots? Yes. Domestic terrorism? Yes. Civil war? No. That would require an organized opposing government to oppose the feds, such as a conglomeration of state governments as before. But that isnt even close to happening and hasnt even been proposed during the current administration.

The closest weve came is a petition in California to try to paperwork their way out, which isnt even possible without a constitutional amendment allowing it.

>hat would require an organized opposing government to oppose the feds, such as a conglomeration of state governments as before. But that isnt even close to happening and hasnt even been proposed during the current administration.

Most civil wars don't with that though. They generally start with coups, constitutional crises, or insurgencies that aren't suppressed effectively and spiral out of control. The Syrian Civil War started with a riot where the military opened fire on protesters who promptly shot back.

Ww3 already happened

Most don't though. Please don't take those facebook images as an actual representation of the majority.

>I'm not from the US though, so I can't really speak for an american.
Yeah trust me, US doesn't have it nearly as bad as Europe right now. The EU will collapse long before the US breaks up at this rate.

>You may have the impression that a civil war is about to happen while in reality most of the people just don't care.
It's basically this. As much as people acted like the left thought satan was just elected, most non-college age people on the left just went "well that sucks" and then just went on with their day.

Domestic terrorism has always been part of the US though, as militia groups have this wierd obsession with the idea that the apocalypse is coming any day now.

I think you are ignoring the simple fact that the Civil War was the single most traumatic event in US history, to the extent that even 9/11 can't even come close. It left such longstanding scars on the country that once the war ended, BOTH sides did everything in their power to try and reconcicle so that nothing that horrific could ever happen again. It's why The Great Compromise happened, so that the representation issue that helped spark the civil war in the first place was resolved.

Hell I can think of more. It's why Jim Crow was allowed to exist, the people wanted so badly to make sure the war's scars could heal that they let such a system persist for so many decades. It's why so much federal dollars goes to the southern states. And keep in mind that this is the WINNING side that's doing this.

>The United States is just like Syria ;^)

>politically fractious country with a multitude of ethnic and religious groups and a long history of conflict between them

We’re not as different as them on a fundamental level

Has Syria ever been as stable as the United States? How long did they have domestic peace for before the civil war?

Civil War could happen if there is a crisis in authority. Like if Trump fires Mueller because he think's he's biased or something. That could lead to left wing protesters basically trying an Egyptian style Arab Spring to topple him. But Trump's supporters would say the FBI is biased and Obama was spying on Trump etc. So everyone has their own narrative and things could get violent quickly. I think most of the military would follow Trump and he seems to have most Republicans in Congress on his side now because of the economy. But the Democrats have invested so much into the Russia narrative I can see them actively supporting the protesters and so would the media. Trump could try arrest them for sedition if the riots get really bad. And then some police might not obey him though I think most will but things could get messy