Does anyone fast for 24-48 hours every week?

does anyone fast for 24-48 hours every week?

experiences?

says it promotes HGH production

I'm in 36 hours and don't really feel hungry

Other urls found in this thread:

encrypted.google.com/#q=autophagy and fasting
breakingmuscle.com/learn/exercise-induced-testosterone-and-gh-does-not-build-muscle
intensivedietarymanagement.com/difference-calorie-restriction-fasting-fasting-27/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

~20 hour fasts between meals, occasionally longer (longest so far was about 45 hours)

also i train fasted

How big are your meals?

about 3k calories on training days and 2.5k on rest days

(all eaten within 4 hour windows)

No because I'm not a retard.

I want to puke everytime I see this image.
Why doesn't boogie just die already I'm tired of seeing his fatass.

clearly you are, ignorant dumbass

Neat

Does it help with cutting?

yeah, fasting is much more effective than continuous calorie restriction. those numbers are for bulking though. i'm using fasting to minimise fat gain.

Anyone have a single proofs that fasting > regular calorie reduction?

Thanks, will do my first cutting season next week

I'll make it

good luck. have you decided what fasting protocol you're going to use?

U cant make gains fasting lmao show pic

>Why doesn't boogie just die already
he's working on it

what's the point really. In grand scheme of things it's calories in calories out. It doesn't matter if you eat 3000 kcal 1 day and fast the next day or if you just eat 1500kcal twice.

Either 16/8 or 24-eat-24

Probably the latter

You can't prove something like that because under clinical study they would be completely identical by the numbers

In real world application it's far easier to cut than to bulk extremely close to TDEE or to eat at a small deficit for a longer period of time

>It doesn't matter if you eat 3000 kcal 1 day and fast the next day or if you just eat 1500kcal twice.

why do you speak so conclusively on something you know nothing about?

>you know nothing about
why do you speak so conclusively on something you know nothing about? How do you know how much do I know? Dumbass.

I feel like I'm going to pass out if I don't eat for a few hours. I'm two days into a cut at 1200 calorie deficit and I need to cheat or else I'm gonna lose consciousness while driving. Idk how you guys fast for a whole day or two

Drink.

I drink water outside of meals and seltzer water with meals when I'm craving soda (so I still get the carbonation that I crave but none of the sugar)

Am I burning more calories than i thought or not consuming as much as i thought or is this normal and I'm being a little bitch?

Drink more

Th-thanks

I'm interested in fasting, but haven't really looked into it yet. I've been lifting hard for 2 years now and eating all this food. Yeah gainz, but I am so sick of stuffing my face with all this food. user once said fasting is good for you because if your body isn't digesting food its got time to fix other stuff, which instinctively feels right.

All those crazy yogis are on to something regarding the nature of reality, so they might be onto something here as well. I am about to cut as well so might give it a shot soon.

encrypted.google.com/#q=autophagy and fasting

cheers user

starting this weekend

it serves the same purpose as eating at a caloric deficit
it decreases hgh production

I've done a couple of 3 day fasts to kickstart a diet/give myself a break from eating.

The longest I've gone was 6-7 days, about 2 weeks ago. Body feels fine, hunger is not present past day 2. Some weakness appears after 5 days.
Doing a 5-10 day fast will help you cleanse a bit and transition into healthier eating - fruits and veggies taste better after you've abstained from sugars for a bit. Sweets and such things were engineered to provide maximum levels of taste - it dulls other things after some time.

I fast 20 hours a day. + keto + calorie deficit.

Need to lose about 40 lbs

Is there a more disgusting Youtuber alive at the moment, or even human for that matter?

Do you lift when you are fasting?

Ayyo. I don't believe this fasting method is effective. You'll be better off just sticking with regular meals. Fasting does promote HGH production and have many other benefits, but there are also serious negative effects as well. You encounter serious blood sugar irregularities that are pretty unhealthy and you'll encounter irregular blood pressure. With heart disease as the leading cause of death in the US, i'd suggest not fucking with your BP and Blood Sugar. Your hearts gana be having a bad time of it. If you want to promote HGH just reduce calories. Most effective way to live longer is to eat less, but that doesn't mean less regularly. Still eat regularly, just less.

HGH doesnt do shit for muscle building. If you fast for HGH increase youre stupid.
breakingmuscle.com/learn/exercise-induced-testosterone-and-gh-does-not-build-muscle

>Doing a 5-10 day fast will help you cleanse
cleanse is bullshit. Your liver and thousand of other buffers and chemical processes in your body cleanse toxins.
The only kinda way to "cleanse" would be to lose fat as some substances like heavy metals gets stored in fat. But fasting would be a stupid way to lose fat.

why are you doing a 1200 deficit? are you 350lbs and obese?
cut with the least amount of calories you can. Or else you wont adhere to it, and it fucks up your progress.
Google "Layne norton reverse dieting" then you will see how stupid a huge dificit is. Youre putting sticks in your own wheels.

It does. Thats why research shows 3-4 hours between meals is optimal for protein synthesis. fasting completely fucks that over. It does matter.

fasting promotes gh secretion and helps the body recover from the ravages of insulin.

I fast on sunday completely and do IF the rest of the week with a 4 hour window for refeed each day. My strength gains are not really impacted and I look way better than I ever did before.

As long as you get your protein its generally fine, obviously this would be a lot harder if I was 6'6 instead of 5'10.

eating immediately after a workout spikes your insulin which is actually worse for muscle building than fasting.

16/8 is much more enjoyable and easy to maintain if you have commitments such as work/uni

16/8 is good, try throwing in 1 day a week of 24 if you're cutting and you don't even have to change your diet. If you do IF a single day fast shouldn't feel like anything.

>eating immediately after a workout spikes your insulin which is actually worse
lol
Do you think one hormones spike decides everything?

pluss its not anyway relevant to my argument. which is meal frequency, not timing.

Is black coffee allowed on a fast?

Christ fags try google.

intensivedietarymanagement.com/difference-calorie-restriction-fasting-fasting-27/

daily reminder that if you drink any coffee (even black) it doesn't count as fasting

Dudes, few percent of difference I don't even count as wokrking. That's a difference of one sandwich. Unless you're competing you won't even notice it.

I'm out.

yes, it is recommended even.

only black counts.

black coffee has negligible amounts of calories