Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general

>Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general

What did he mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1568163707000384
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

He meant strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general

Weak faggots are useless, strong faggots are useful.

He meant strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general

>Don't mess with Texas

Apparently years of muscle training will stop a 7.62mm or an IED shredding through you, although i never saw that happen in afghan.

A guy I work with who's huge got hit by a van and seriously fucked up. Doctors said if he hadn't had all the muscle mass he had, he'd have been dead for sure.

>black people are stronger and harder to kill then weak(white(notice both start with 'w')) "people".

its mark confirming bbc genetix is supreme

He didn't say that. Stop putting words in his mouth you flithy jewish tool.

I think it would help with blunt force trauma like that defiantly.

detected the self hating white boy

Then why were they so easy to lynch?

t. coping white weakling

Oly lifting triathalete here.

2014 go ride my mtb, crash, wake up 17 days later in a hospital, cant see, cant balance, cant pay attention, have inhabition issues, make poor quality memories, cant use my right leg, right shoulder is seperated, cant relate emotionallly to people, cant be in loud environments ect....
Do a sprint tri 10 months after injury, therapy stopped 9 months after injury.... Fit body is my Dr friends best explination for the speed and complete nature of recovery.

Seems pretty obvious what he meant

Basically, he said that strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general

>were
Actually, there was a ("supposed") lynching here in GA just last year.

Non Silba Sed Anthar

Thank you for your service.

i always figured he meant killed as in killed by a car accident or a fall or something like that.

once I got a shoulder dislocation and I was told this injury is almost sure to repeat and fuck my shit up

guess what, almost 4 years later and it's still fine

fat retard role playing on the internet detected.

fuck off kid.

Some people are only alive because society protects them.

Imagine if society collapsed, even if only temporarily. Who would be most likely to die? The weak.

That's his sales pitch so you will buy his books and attend his seminars.

Imagine you get mugged. Which would improve your chances of survival, being a fat fuck or being in shape?

The bottom line is, being strong will improve your chances of survival in some situations. Being a fat fuck will not improve your chances in pretty much any situation.

kek if only

All other things being equal, how is a physically weak person more useful than a strong one?

>Accumulating injuries is the price we pay for not having sat around on our asses

>Anyone who says full squats are bad for the knees has, with that statement, demonstrated conclusively that they are not entitled to an opinion about the matter

>Kid, let me tell you something. Women love money and this thing between your thighs, and of course a very impressive back squat.

He's a goddamn poet, too.

>>Kid, let me tell you something. Women love money and this thing between your thighs, and of course a very impressive back squat.

Based Rippill

Thank you for your cervix

I was rrar ended by a drunk driver going 60 when I was stationary. Trunk was in the backseat of my car. I walked away with no serious injuries. Barely a sore back. Not to toot my own horn, but my back is pretty strong. Chiropractors said that all that muse saved me from serious spinal injuries

Kek
>these fucking hajis man

I am sure Steven Hawkins is more usefull than me.

I went to high school with Steven Hawkins.

Now, Stephen Hawking, smart fella that he is, would be more useful in general if he could wipe his own ass.

>Stephen Hawking
>"durr I see black holes everywhere"

FUCK that guy

I wondered about this. Like if you have actual muscle in your lower back and beast traps and a thick neck.

I think you could avoid a lot of pain until you throw your back out deadlifting one day

Yeah when it comes to blunt force trauma it's without doubt beneficial, within reason.

I like these. Anymore stories like these?

This is sound logic.
Thank you for your service.

'Cept when you are being mugged they will knock you out.

Useful for what?

weak people make video games and anime

Get out you scared brainlet

>useful for what?

That's the challenge, dingus. Come up with something.

>Press F to pay respects

I asked you "for what" because it depends on what that person is asked to do. Muscles help when you are a builder, muscles don't help when you have to do Excel spreadsheets all day.

Should've studied harder in school.

>life is like a rogue-like
>but instead of the other stats being useful as much as the other stats
>strength has a 70 to 80% usefulness ratio in a lot of encounters, from friendly, to business, to self management, to hostile elements, to hormones etc.

Every normal man should have strong muscle mass and be strong in general.

>strength has a 70 to 80% usefulness ratio in a lot of encounters, from friendly, to business, to self management, to hostile elements, to hormones etc.
Citation needed newbitch.

>asking citations on theorycrafting

source: ME

That's wrong though, look at the amount of office workers with back problems from sitting all day.
Unless you don't count improved life quality as helpful

Thanks for confirming you don't lift.

It's irrelevant to their job. Maximum strength (what Rippetoe always runs his mouth about) is important for physical occupations.

That said, people should play sports so they don't become a doughy mess. However, if I have to hire between a boxer and a couch potato to file my accounts and the potato is better at filling accounts, the boxer is out.

now shoo and leave me alone

>Fit body is my Dr friends best explination for the speed and complete nature of recovery.

Too bad Mark wants every one to be a morbidly obese sack of useless shit

>Being a fat fuck will not improve your chances in pretty much any situation.
I hope Rip never gets mugged then

Well, let's say you have an average worker with physical health problems due to atrophied muscles.
Wouldn't the same worker perform his work better if you fix his problems by making him stronger?

It's not irrelevant to their job. They do not leave their bodies when they start filing paperwork. Fitness and strength impact psychological and physiological variables that have a direct effect on self-worth, health and injury prevention, which all impact productivity. Someone sitting 24/7, developing back problems, depression, loss of sleep, and diabetes is more likely to be a worse investment than someone with none of those problems.

Also the statement that you called out earlier
specifically said "all else being equal", so your comparison is flawed. Two people with the same skill-set and background experience, but one is more fit than the other.

>Well, let's say you have an average worker with physical health problems due to atrophied muscles.
Literally all office workers ever.

>Wouldn't the same worker perform his work better if you fix his problems by making him stronger?
No because his line of work is not dependent on strength. Form follows functions.

surely being fat is more useful in that situation

I think you severely underestimate how much of an impact being in constant pain has on a persons life, work performance (regardless of the line of work) included

I blast test but still want to kill myself all the time.

>Fitness and strength impact psychological and physiological
Like with the omnipresent >tfw no gf threads, the Chad threads, the gymcel threads and the overall defeatism that permiates this board?

>health and injury prevention
When you train for strength, you don't train for health. There is nothing healthy about eating a caloric surplus and loading up 250kg on the bar and then putting it on your back to squat it.

>Someone sitting 24/7, developing back problems, depression, loss of sleep, and diabetes is more likely to be a worse investment than someone with none of those problems.

Except these are endemic to all office workers.

I don't and I will go off on a tangent here but high-stress office work is some of the most damaging kinds of work you can undertake. The problem isn't that they are weak - the problem is that they are too stressed out from their profession.

Strength won't help it. A reduction of stress will.

>Like with the omnipresent >tfw no gf threads, the Chad threads, the gymcel threads and the overall defeatism that permiates this board?

We're talking about actual adults here

>250kg

Keep in mind that Rippletoad specializes in training noobs, not competitive powerlifters.
Getting your squat from not being able to squat at all to 3-4pl8 can certainly be called healthy

And exercise can help in reduction of stress

>Except these are endemic to all office workers

Guess what mitigates these symptoms? (exercise)

>When you train for strength, you don't train for health.

they are not mutually exclusive, dipshit.

>Like with the omnipresent >tfw no gf threads, the Chad threads, the gymcel threads and the overall defeatism that permiates this board?

You used a sample of the most vocal and extreme people as a representation of the whole.

You still haven't actually made any good argument, or refuted mine.

>We're talking about actual adults here
I consider everyone above legal to be an adult.

>Getting your squat from not being able to squat at all to 3-4pl8 can certainly be called healthy
While I was training at a powerlifting gym, one of the guys said this - "You know, you can fuss around how you squat all you want. Heavy weight is still heavy weight."

Moderate exercise is healthy. Heavy ass weight isn't.

So a person who is stressed out mentally should also put their body through stress to feel better?

>Guess what mitigates these symptoms? (exercise)
Out of all of those you listed, only lower back problems can be aliviated with some GMs.

>they are not mutually exclusive, dipshit.
Eating a caloric surplus and putting heavy ass weight on your back isn't healthy.

Stop putting ethnicities into people.

I was doing 6 hour days of therapy, one day im in the therapy pool, floating in a vest and noodle so I can learn to move my lefs better, I ask my PT if I can swim, she tells me I'll probably never swim freestyle again... My injury was just a grade 3 AC seperation with scapular winging issues and nerve damage. Still seperated, i give no fucks though, maybe 1% of healthy shoulders can do pullups with 90lbs hanging off em.

You make your body strong, you make your body healthy and you make your body resilient to trauma too.

I think the cardio helped big time though, i had a fair amount of brain damage to fix, and a healthy cardiovascular system is key to brain health.

ctrl f "the weak should"

No results

>So a person who is stressed out mentally should also put their body through stress to feel better?

Do you live under a rock?

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1568163707000384

It's been known for a while that exercise is helpful with stress-relief, and stress prevention.

>While I was training at a powerlifting gym, one of the guys said this - "You know, you can fuss around how you squat all you want. Heavy weight is still heavy weight.

And adapting to those weights reduces the stresses on your body from the same weight.

Strength training does not imply over-training.

In high school I wrapped my car around a tree going 50 mph. I walked away unscathed other than a minor concussion. Idk if being an athlete my whole life saved me, or if it was blind dumb luck. But it kinda bodes well for his theory.

what's his name?

Rippetoe

haha lol it's roger estep silly :DD

artificial test is not the same, natty test is highest quality. Its a testament of healthy habits, and it also powers the mind more. If you cheat, you wont have the healthy habits which influence the rest of your variables around your body.

>no chloe yet

wow, you fucking faggots, go back to r----t

>in afghan

>although I never saw that happen in afghan
way to make everything about you serving in the military.

Tbh, I think he meant

GET YER ASS UP, HIP DRAAHVE

>all military all the time

no one cares

Thank you for mooching off my taxes

There's always that one faggot.

F

Yeah that was probably more thanks to the engineers that designed the crumple zones in your car.

>What did he mean by this?
OH YEAH I'M THE TOUGH GUY AROUND HERE, YOU WANNA FIGHT ME?!? IM STRONG OH YEAH

USA USA!!!! WE WON USA USA!!!

If you're above 6'1" and have like 230 pounds or more on you .. even if you're hovering around 13-14% bf. it's highly unlikely anyways is gonna fuck with you. Unless you live in a hood rat neighborhood then they just pull out a gun on you.

>All other things being equal, how is a physically weak person more useful than a strong one?

In professions where someone is routinely squeezing into tight spaces the physically weaker skeleton is going to be more useful as long as they're strong enough to perform their job

>"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" said Darth Bane as he flipped the black hood off of his head
>*ignites lightsaber*
>"guess which one you are"

I appreciate the simplicity of this meme

>trying to call on edginess by being edgy

If all other thngs are equal why would the skeleton be a different size?

>in afghan

Yeah because fat definitely cushions the body, not fucking stretches it and is a strain on your internal organs.

>muscle won't make you harder to kill
>that's why the army doesn't spend so much time on getting the basic fitness level of soldiers up
Do you even into army? What, you think the only part of killing someone is when the trigger is pulled?