Leg press

>leg press
>strong

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4KyERhqMjks
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Me leg press strong, yes

Remind me not to bring you up from Triple-A until you can handle expectations in a phlegmatic small market.

t.bitter Padres fan.

>destroy lower back doing squats and deads
>can't even do a single leg press now without low back exploding
>instead of admit you've made a terrible mistake, double down and claim the well established leg press is actually evil
the delusion is strong in the barbell community

i feel anyone who religiously uses a leg press to be 110% autistic.

>destroy lower back doing squats and deads

3 simple reasons
>your form was shit
>you ego lifted
>you had pre-existing injury but chose to ignore it and lifted through pain anyway

The leg press is just as dangerous, if not more than barbell squats.

>le just fix your form after you've already blown out your low back
love this meme

yes it's dangerous after you've been meme'd into destroying your low back by a barbell shill. otherwise it's as harmful as sleeping, breathing, eating, blinking, talking, typing, etc.

>can't do barbell exercises properly
>doesn't try to learn
>works through terrible form
>hurts self
>barbell is stupid

Delusion?

yeah because you go from squatting 60 kg to 62.5 and blow out your back suddenly. don't ego lift and stop if there is pain. pain is there for a reason

>it's easier to do a movement that takes insane amounts of skill and has multiple 100 page essays all differing on mechanics for ot than just do a simple leg press than everyone with no schooling can safely
nys retard

>I couldn't lift correctly and fucked myself up
>therefore barbells are evil
>wahhh you guys are delusional

I can easily lift far more weight than I can safely lift and the only way I know is through trial and error. That error part is the part that gets you and why you're a retard.

>develop a new interest
>instead of doing any real research about it beforehand you just jump right in and fuck everything up
>somehow this is the fault of an inanimate object
You're just an idiot.

>I couldn't walk the tight rope and fell to my death therefore tight rope walkers are retards
>I couldn't tame a lion and got eaten alive therefor lion tamers are retards
>even my son can do it lol look at how retarded
great logic

>i ego lift

>easier

You can't read. Didn't say anything about it being easy. But this explains why you fucked up, if you thought it would be easy to push through using shit form and never thought to educate yourself.

>why learn to read when you can just look at picture books

>be me
>watch short YouTube video on squat form
>squat perfectly fine
>INSANE AMOUNTS OF SKILL AND MULTIPLE ESSAYS OF RESEARCH

>always assume the other guy hasn't already spent a staggering amount of time researching and working on form, that'll show em xD
great meme shit eating faggot
oh yeah don't forget to remind me I'm the one who can't do it, that really proves you right amirite

>I couldn't walk the tight rope and fell to my death therefore tight rope walkers are retards
why would you string a rope more than a couple of inches above the ground if you don't know how to walk on it?

>I couldn't tame a lion and got eaten alive therefor lion tamers are retards
yeah they are. trying to tame and suppress years of evolution and instinct.

>I couldn't do something that requires more skill and practice
>I couldn't do something that requires more skill and practice
Keep the delusion up

>he can't even swallow a sword ahahahah what a queer
>look everyone user fell off the elephant, even my grandma could do it after watching one youtube video

not an argument, keep up the delusion, hope you're enjoying snapcity

t. circusfreak

Watch a couple alan thrall or candito vids. Record yourself with your phone. Figure out what you're doing wrong before loading up too much weight on the bar.
That's what I did. Been lifting for years with only a minor shoulder injury to show for it.

What have you proved, aside from the fact that you can't do barbell exercises? You either suck and refused (or were too stupid) to get better, or you're a freak that can't because of genetics. None of that proves that leg presses are inherently better, it just proves that you can't do a full-body exercise for whatever reason, can't even leg press and are incredibly mad about it.

The rope isn't really that tight as long as you don't ego lift. If you start ego lifting it's a disaster waiting to happen, I can agree with that. And a lot of newbs don't research this stuff, because they're stupid. That's why I always mention learning form first when giving someone advice here. Still, it;s probably quite a lot of them will fuck themselves up anyway doing the lifts incorrectly. It's just how people are.

>just do something you already did many times over and far more thoroughly than you ever imagine not even in your wildest dreams
Doesn't work for me. The fact barbell shills can't accept that their routine isn't for everyone is a direct result of viral marketing. I don't even leg press tbqh I just find the barbelltards to be too easy to make fun of. I do mainly this for my legs:
youtube.com/watch?v=4KyERhqMjks

best lift on planet earth btw

you keep calling people tards while it's you who have fucked up back due to stupidity. You learned nothing

ok retard have fun with your viral meme youtube routines I'm out

>start lifting as a dyel with weak back from constant sitting
>read on proper lifts, record every workout
>stop immediately if something feels off
>progress worth shit in the first year and a half because of it
>get laughed at by people cause of my progress
>7 years later elite 1RM lifts
>only injuries during that entire time were minor muscle strains that went away after few days

oh, baby got mad

You didn't though. If you did you could have easily found your dilemma. You're either baiting or did snap your shit up because you were too impatient to learn. I'm guessing the latter desu. You seem pretty immature so it fits well.

(You)
>mmm poop is delicious

>YOU HAVE TO DO THE SAME LIFTS AS ME MY CAREER DEPENDS ON CONVINVING YOU THERE CAN'T BE ANY REASON TO DO ANYTHING BUT THESE TWO LIFTS PLEASE STOP ARGUING WITH ME I'LL JUST KEEP USING THE SAME FAILED CIRCULAR LOGIC
good point i guess since you already made up your mind and are reasoning down while neglecting facts there's no point in continuing

bye retard

Oh okay this is just a bait thread

>not doing functional strength
I laugh at all you plebeians. I'd much rather do whatever this is.

Yes sir anything to avoid the possibility that the other person doesn't fit your predefined meme responses lest your brilliant "advice" be called into question. Everyone should ignore all other fitness and only barbell squat since it's the most optimal lift that even anyone can perform after watching my one youtube video.

You literally have no idea what you're talking about and are likely very small and very weak.

yep I'm 6'2 200 lbs and am one of the most coordinated and well studied people alive in any given sample of the human population

your only response has to be to depict me as something I'm not because I fuck your predefined responses in the ass

>nametrip fag
No wonder all these retards responding. Find something better to do with your time you autistic shit eater.

>tfw fucked up my back and knee on squat and dead
>lower weight
>fix form
>rest
>still cannot get it right
>cannot walk properly

what do? should I just start from scratch?

Cool story bro, why don't you verify your credentials?

The fact that you believe the most natural of human movements is dangerous shows that yes you are in fact an idiot. You are also small, despite what you may believe, and likely very weak.

Post some fucking lifts or proof of what you claim then. You have none so you recycle the same ignorant bullshit that gets repeated by broscientists in gym locker rooms without ever actually reading a study or practicing the movement with proper form.

You're an SS meme victim. Nobody else in the fitness community thinks so negatively of leg press. Literally everyone in the entire fitness community does it besides backsnapped SS beginners. Just stop posting. You only remind us nametripfags aren't worth responding to.

>le SS maymay
>everybody who squats snaps their back!
>nobody hates on leg press!

Yep, weak as fuck. Leg press is 100% inferior to squats in every single aspect.

Maybe. Try posting some form check videos to see if any of us can give advice. Maybe see a physical therapist?

You are so absolutely btfo, and have no leg to stand on, and can't back your stupid shit up.

You're like that dude that walked in the gym and loaded up 2pl8 first time he ever squatted and snapped his shit up. If you can't learn how to squat properly without injuring yourself you might seriously be one of the most retarded people that has ever posted on Veeky Forums.

cuck

Key, it might even be jean short sandles man.

>every single aspect
That's not quite true, leg press targets quads moreso than squats.

>injected exogenous hormones

His shit opinion is literally useless.

Literally just squat more.

cucks

You're missing the point. "Squats are better in every single aspect" is false.

and what did he do for hamstrings?

your mom

i can't do leg presses once I noticed how easy it is to fuck up your back. Screw that shit, man, seriousyl, I'd rather squat one plate than do 8 plate leg press meme.

>fuck up your back squatting
>can't put pressure on your back without it hurting
>blame it on leg press

Hate that machine. i do sqaut once per month, leg press sometimes, but hack squat machine is goat

200lbs fat sack of shit. I'm sorry for your fucked up back bro

imagine that falling on your balls. Must feel terrific.

I could absolutely destroy you at any non lifting sport and can easily outlift you in any lift besides your meme lifts.

Your move, fat squatter

done before and was told that my form was good

I guess my body/spine was shit prior to lifting so that proper form for certain lifts actually hurts me because it's forcing my body to be in a proper position for once

Why does everybody act as though fucking up your back squatting comes from a single bad lift that causes sharp pains?

It doesn't. It comes from gradual aches and stiffness in your lower back caused by disk degragation. By the time you realise something is wrong its often too late.

>By the time you realise something is wrong its often too late.
P-please don't say this

Disk degragation is irreversible. Its the reason 'squats and deadlifts are bad for your back' is parroted by PTs.

There is no snapcity. Theres just a gradual degragation. It'll start of as you just being really consious of your lower back while sitting. It'll then progress into discomfort, followed by sight aches after you lift. However, you'll be ablt to delude yourself into thinking this is just DOMS because thats what a quick google search will tell you. So you'll keep going because only idiots ruin their backs, and you're not an idiot right?

Eventually you can't sit on a sofa for extended periods of time without your back aching, and have to maintin perfect posture at all time. All this in your 20s. And its irrevesrsible.

can you show me a citation for that

I believe this and it makes me sad, I had to stand up all day today and fap while kneeling down or else my lower back would hurt from sitting. I'm only 21

You can't even spell degrade and you expect us to believe this bullshit?

there are multiple experimental drugs that can heal this type of thing as long as you start them early enough.. yes even heal lost cartilage

all BBers and ply lifters already use them

>all BBers and ply lifters already use them

Sounds about right. This is the side of the sport most don't like to speak about, because admitting you messed up your back is seen as admitting you're a fool. Even though everybody does it eventually. Shame really.

I'm in the same position as him, blew out my back DL but it's much better now and essentially was lifting around the lower back injury and now starting with linear training on my squats and DL again.

my form is much better and i have much better core control.

He should really just take ownership of his mistakes and correct what he did wrong

Congrats, everyone here knows you're retarded.

>blew out my back DL

What happened? Can you greentext? I want to know if theres still hope.

what exactly is the point of no return?

the lowest end of my spine hurts when i try to touch my toes and when I do similar movements that include bending

the pain becomes weaker the more i rest

is this fixable? or am i in the snap city?

This kids is why you need to make sure you can squat without buttwink and learn how to brace your core for deadlifts.

Might need evidence it's not irreversible but I can't sit on a sofa without lumbar support

part of the problem was lifting with poor posture and very tight hamstrings

add on i would sit with poor posture for 8hrs+ a day

going to the chiro regularly helped me now i'm down to once a month ish

/thread

>no snapcity
there are multiple kinds of snapcity
-herniated disc
-pinched nerve
-punctured disc
-lumbar popping out of the joint
-torn nerve

the first two happen the most, the last one leaves you a paraplegic

>people can't squat correctly
>expect they can squat heavy
>try it
>snap their shit up
>squats are the meme and not bad form, big egos and weak backs
I chuckled

There were a combination of problems that lead to my situation

>Start SL5x5 in the beginning of 2016 summer
>2 months into summer get factory job
>getting close to 1pl8
>feels heavy but still lifting for 5 so keep adding weight
>factory job has me lift heavy garbage bins for a week for 8 hours
>wake up after DL days barely able to make it out of bed
>power through the pain a few times until i decide enough is enough
>go to chiro, she doesn't make it sound bad
>tells me i have noticeably bad hamstring tightness
>one side of my back is being used more than the other
>anterior hip tilt as well
>over 8 sessions or so my back is more even
>stretching every day and now my hamstrings are good enough to attempt DLs
>didn't DL for 2 months and did light squats every few weeks
>just the bar maybe +40lbs

Did my first DL last week in 2 months and started doing squats every leg day. I'm going to being increasing them linear again, for squats i really need to keep my core tight or I over arch. The DL felt great most of the weight was being moved by my hamstrings which will build a much better base when i get heavier. To work around lower back pain I did a brosplit with a lot of machine work and for back day did a lot of upper back work. Working on your core and upper back will reduce stress on your lower back.

the worst next day and when i stopped doing DLs was when I did my PR DL of 180lbs (i'm 150 btw) my back must have been no where near straight and i'm an idiot

so basically it has nothing to do with deadlifts and everything to do with your job because there's no way you threw out your back doing 1pl8 deadlifts

The problem is more that the feedback system for squatting badly isn't really there. Its very easy to gradually fuck your shit up whilst thinking you're doing everything fine because you read SS, even though you always lift on your own and have never had a trainer.

You don't need horrible form to fuck your shit up, just less than ideal form done over enough reps. Look around the gym next time you're there, and let me know if anybody is squatting 'perfectly'.

Lol same

>because you read SS
clearly you didn't if your form is trash because SS has about 20 pages worth of understandable instructions on how to to The Squat

it was bound to happen, the job accelerated it, I should have not been dead lifting with my hamstring and back imbalance, i was essentially using 100% of my lower back.

My knees and lower back were bothering me for a long time, then I started squatting and deadlifting and they feel much better. Your shit stays weak and fragile if you don't work it.

Also by that logic, deadlifting makes it hurt to sit down but deadlifting somehow still feels fine enough to keep doing it.

If you're doing your true 5rm it's not ego lifting and should feel extremely challenging. For someone like me it becomes flat out dangerous to try and move as much weight needed to make my muscles grow when they're clearly capable of moving far more, just not from a barbell back squat position.

You've missed the point entirely.

I don't understand this thread. I do squats and leg press. What's wrong?

Strengthening the muscles around a weak ligament is one of the best ways to help heal it.

>deadlifting makes it hurt to sit down but deadlifting somehow still feels fine enough to keep doing it.
Yep, pretty much what happens. The pain is actually rarely at its worst while performing the movement.

Also do pullups and learn to use your lats

you could do shit. And even with that you probably have problems you retarded baby with broke back.

good point, i've been working on engaging my lats in general i hope that carries over well