I don't think all these thousands of shitcoins will be around in 5 years...

I don't think all these thousands of shitcoins will be around in 5 years. Which ones will actually survive and be used by people and large companies?

Bitbean Espers Link Ark

Bitcoin and Ethereum

LINK

A privacy coin, which might be Monero or might be something else.

A smart contract platform, which might just be Ethereum or might be a few big players (like NEO and Qtum) catering to different markets

An decentralised bridge between blockchains and off-chain data, which will almost certainly be LINK.

And hopefully Bitcoin, as the big first mover store of value, unless it dies by a million forks and scaling issues.

Trumpcoin mane

MTL
ARK
OMG
NEO
XMR.

This sounds pretty accurate.

and espers because it's got a cool name and the bags really aren't even that heavy

The god coin, the one crypto to rule them all, has not yet been established. It most likely is still in the mind of the genius/es behind it.
Or Satoshi comes back with Bitcoin2.0

Bitcoin and maybe Ethereum.

Btc (first in)
Ltc/vtc
eth
omg
xmr
neo
Link (if someone actually adopts)

BTC certainly
ETH very likely
NEO/GAS very likely
QTUM probably
LISK probably

wtc will be the new standard for industry supply chain

BTC ETH LINK

They'll be known as the holy trinity

I actually think they will.
I think it will be like stocks. Most of them are shit and will die but there will be thousands and investing in good ones will actually become difficult, like stocks

>no discussion of litecoin in this thread
wew

IOTA

PoS will move from solo->pools just like PoW did, POSW got dat first mover status

Being serious, Monero. Five years bitcoin might even be dead.

BTC
LTC
ETH and ARDR
Monero and XVG
LINK
XRP
BAT

BTC
ETH
LTC
DOGE (Not even kidding)
OMG
LINK
CSNO (Normie friendly crypto gambling)
One of the privacy coins

Literally none of them. Even ETH, BTC, and XRP are iffy.

The only thing that worries me is 1 exploit could kill monero for good.

the same can be said about any coin, numbnuts.

there's a ph.d in math working on strengthening monero. look it up.

ETH

ETH is pretty much the only thing being used right now. Multiple projects on ETH that use it for transfer fees. EEA is also getting more and more big companies to join.

BTC on the other hand is said to be a currency, but everyone still favours FIAT. No sight right now for BTC transfers to get faster/cheaper and now the nail in the coffin is Segwit2x, which might mean the Core devs and majority of miners go onto separate chains.

I don't feel like analyzing everything, probably more than this, but here's what I think:

BTC: In one form or another. Maybe B2X. Maybe some other thing. But it'll have Bitcoin in the name.

NEO or ETP: One or the other, maaaaybe both. I'd expect one winner in the end, though. I'm gonna bet on ETP, because of 1) focus on digital identity making it an attractive bet for the Chinese government who's probably paranoid about anonymous markets, and 2) Much larger team than NEO working on blockchain solutions for clients who don't have their own blockchain teams, this should lead to a proliferation of smart contract applications that will grow their platform much faster than NEO.

OMG : Very very likely. Omise already processes millions of payments, they have a profitable business. Plugging in OMG into their existing is a pretty safe proposition. Vitalik's working on it, it's the necessary bridge to bring normies into crypto and for this whole thing to properly take off with mass-adoption.

Yeah. You can't get huge profits betting the front runner. And imagine what would happen if BTC would lost it's first position? It's literally the only thing that BTC has over other, more modern coins; the first position.

Bitcoin is The Gold. You accumulate and hold The Gold. Bitcoin forks are The Currency backed by The Gold. Simple.

This, except I'm not sure that the decentralized off-chain data battle has even started yet.