What mode can I expect using only a set of dumbbells?

What mode can I expect using only a set of dumbbells?
I need to study a lot and I don't have time to get to the gym 3 times a week.(its also expensive as fuck here)

Also, are dumbbell sets off ebay worth anything? they seem much cheaper than what i'd find at fitness department stores

you wont make much progress with just dumbbells t b h

Lanklet detected

If OP is under 5'10" he can get jacked from bodyweight exercises and dumbells

The only mode you can achieve is slim mode, no muscle gain.

Dumbbells are a waste of time and money by themselves, if you want to train and build muscle then the only way is the gym.

I'm 5'9 :^) and no he cant

Not really, his body would get used to the weights eventually and there is only so much you can do with bodyweight exercises. No doubt he'll gain some muscle but the type of muscle I think the OP wants he isn't going to get with dumbbells and bodyweight exercises.

>his body would get used to the weights
this is a fucking meme

Is it really? I'm seriously asking because I'm in the same spot as OP. Just moved to a new state and no gyms in my area.

I bought an adjustable bench and some adjustable weights that go up to 55 lbs. If I just fluctuate the amount of sets and reps I can avoid plateauing and see progress for my cut?

Get an adjustable set of dbs (like 30-40$ for a decent pair)

Buy loads of 25 and 35lb plates and a few 10s and 5s. Standard barbell plates. Round preferred over hex.

You can make loads of gains. Heavy dumbells are the shit.

But for real also buy a barbell.

>weights that go up to 55 lbs
You're not gonna make anything but cardio gains unless you're already super skelly

You seriously have no clue what you're talking about, do you?

Without lying, would you say you're a big guy? What are your lifts?

I'm really content with my mass so cardio gains don't sound like an issue because I'm trying to cut already. I lift 6 days a week and started doing HIIT just this past week 4 days a week.

Is there really a possibility of seeing no progress from this?

>No gains
Pretty much a guarantee.

>"Content with my mass"
>Thinks he can make gains with a 55lb barbell
Is this a ruse?

>he thinks his muscles can tell the difference between barbells and dumbbells
>he thinks they will somehow reward him for this.

Did you reply to the wrong person?

Where did I even imply this?

>>he thinks his muscles can tell the difference between barbells and dumbbells

Yes, your body can actually tell the difference.

You can not do the same type of whole body excercise with dumbbells that you can do with a barbell.

Proper lowbar squats for example, good luck finding an exercise you can do with a dumbbell that gives you the same workout.

You can expect a hypertrophy body. You won't be lifting enough to get big (except your arms).

I'm doing a brosplit using the pic related equipment. I'll also be doing a lot of cardio which Veeky Forums tells me will kill gains, riding my bike 1.5 - 6 hours a day 3 - 4 days a week depending on work schedule.

Fuck forgot to mention my shitty brosplit. 3 days a week split into:

>chest + triceps
>back + biceps
>shoulders.

This is the best I managed with just dumbells and a home machine(wasn't great.)
My diet wasn't on point, but I got SOME gains. Just don't expect much without proper weights.
Not saying this is the best you can do, just saying that it's the best I managed at the time.

Well if that's really you then it's better than what I'm at now.

Yeah it's me,-like i said, you can get some results, just not as good as with proper equipmemt.
If it's your only option, make it work. Some results are better than none.