So what is the presumption with buying bitcoin now?

So what is the presumption with buying bitcoin now?

We know it's going to likely crash sometime in the next few months, or at the very least it won't go any further than 7k, and will at least go back down to where it is now.

Are some people under the impression that it's just going to keep going up? Is that what's going on? Otherwise, wouldn't P&D'ing with the whales into shitcoins be the way to go until BTC stabilizes and has its correction?

Well, it's been going up for so long it's hard to believe in a real crash. By crash that means a prior major low is surpassed.
On the chart right now there is a possibility for a head & shoulder pattern to form. That could change things.
I'll be holding though it... I'm in from 1600 so I have a cushion

probably go up to 6200 and stop there

they've said that before about previous prices lol

I guess the tl;dr of the op is that BTC can't conceivably breech 8k by the end of the year, and it's likely going to be fluctuating between a major low of 4.5k and a high of 7k.

Just seems like a worthless buy-in atm.

It's one of the only stable coins out in the market right now. But the alternatives are ETH and LTC, those other two have proven the test of time.

Yes it keeps going up, with corrections along the way. People are just getting warmed up to the idea Bitcoin is a real asset. These are baby games.

Bitcoin keeps along this general path until:

1. The next financial/currency collapse occurs (doesn't have to be global, could just be in China or another region)

OR

2. The SEC approves a Bitcoin ETF.or similar.

Once that happens, it's going to get hot. Fast. We're talking 10x gains in a matter of days. Several hundred thousand a coin. Hot stuff.

Eventually it'll culminate in a full fledged, widespread mania. You'll hear cashiers in Walmart talking about the prices for the day and how they sold their car for a few millibits. You'll have a cooldown and correction from that, but it'll still be in the 100k+ range at that point and move along with markets generally.

Have you noticed that it looks like an accelerated stock market? happening very fast but there's those periods of strong growth... followed by a recession that is relatively small and short-lived... then recovery and another growth period? Rinse and repeat.

I hope so user. I'm late to the game with only 2.3k in play. Just bought in today with a grand, going to save another grand for buying in if it goes lower.

Maybe one day I'll even own a full bitcoin.

i just bought my first crypto with bitcoin with 300usd at 5,736.53. I didn't know coin base charges such a large fee. fucking bullshit. I know i didnt spend that much money but i hope bitcoin keeps rising. I feel its better late than never to get in. I still have a hundred bucks to put in to eth or lite coin but they have been going up. im not sure what to do

all good to january take some profit into before 20,000 though

>rough approximations
BTC: $9000
BTG: $600
ETH: $390

According to my calculations, bitcoin will rise to 12,000 by Christmas

market cap is the most overlooked number

market cap / circulating supply = price of Bitcoin

if we were to substitute Bitcoin's market cap with Apple's, Bitcoin would be close to $50,000

if we were to substitute Bitcoin's market cap with the S&P500, Bitcoin would be close to $1,400,000

Bitcoin is not stopping anytime soon

screen cap this

>We know it's going to likely crash sometime in the next few months, or at the very least it won't go any further than 7k, and will at least go back down to where it is now.

How do you know that?

Can you tell me the Powerball winning numbers too?

>crash sometime in the next few months
From $10000 to $8399

$300 won’t get you anywhere. Even if BTC doubles, which it won’t anytime soon, you’d only have $600.

>I got in with 500
At least I accumulated some BTC trading...

This

I think it will "crash" to around 5200-4800 USD this week because of the fork. So hold a couple of days before buying, but don't hold for too long

90% of normies never invested in anything, do you know anyone who started buying gold in 2008 because it went so high ? Or facebook stocks ?
They won't jump in btc neither.

But I'm counting on pensions, hedge funds, wall street and the average dude with 50k putting 3% of their portfolio in btc, then go deeper each year when they see it's their top profit.
The ponzi will have time to be fed slowly.

MOAR OPINIONS

XMR is more stable

>still down 50% from it's ATH
>stable

BTC will reach $9340ish and then crash to $5280 ish, before finally recovering to ~$27450 in an ATH. Don't ask me how I know coz I fucking don't. I'm guessing, like every other cunt.