Why Romanians think that "We wuz Rome and shit"

Why Romanians think that "We wuz Rome and shit"

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3404992/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

everyone is allowed to think whatever they wish sweetie : )

they shouldn't be

Thanks for the quick reply

All the balkans are We Wuz niggers
>we wuz romanz and shiiet
>we wuz greek philosophers and shiiiet
>we wuz macedonians and shiiet
>we wuz hunz and shiiet
>we wuz khanz and shiiiet
And so fourth.

Because they are descended from Romans?

Ehm, actually, it wasn't Virgil who was sent to the shithole called Dacia, but Ovidius.

according to?

Well because they continued to call themselves Romans even when their version of vulgar latin became the Romanian language.
Romania was a barely annexed province when Virgil was exiled there but with later they were assimilated even if they remained a backwater part of the Empire.
Funnily enough, there were so many serfs in Romania that the word Roman also became a synonym of peasant and serf.

Well? According to the meme education system? What you dont think they wuz romans and shit?
Fucking fascist

>virgil
Dumb fuck. Why are so many brainlets like you in this world?

Literally every single half-reputable historian out there, even the pro-Hungarian ones.

Then I presume the reputable historians are anti Daco-Romans?

Daily reminder that Krautchan is Reddit: the imageboard.

La Creatura rears it's head...

Gott im Himmel, is Romanian the ugliest Latin language.

>why did this former part of the Roman Empire claim to be a successor of rome?
Who didn't?

How many gypsies live in romania? Is it really that bad, like here in Woolwich

Why did former non-parts of the Roman Empire claim to be the Roman empire?

>Vergil instead of Ovid
>Dacia instead of Moesia (or the Odrysian kingdom at the time of Ovid's exile)
I know that polandball comics are meant to be stupid, but in this case I really do believe the author to be an ignorant fucking cunt.

>Orbán photo
>Jobbik

You almost tricked me

Name one actual historian who claims that the Romanians aren't descended from Romans. I'll wait.

Assuming you're romanian you should know romanian historians I believe.
I've got 2 roomates from your country.
One of them is 100% sure you are direct blood relatives with romans, the other isn't. Who was right?

you are giving them too much credit dude. the average romanian can't tell his ass from a hole in the ground.

The second one.

The first one of course, how is that even a question?

hmmm because its cheap propaganda?

Kek. He thinks he is roman.
More like slav shits just like hungarians

Most Europeans are direct blood relatives with Romans. Romanians are much more closely related than everyone else as has been shown by genetic studies.

You are related to Romani

>Romanians are much more closely related than everyone else as has been shown by genetic studies.
Top kek, would be utterly hilarious if romanians actually believed this shit beyond blatant internet trolling.

no

>Massive colonization effort
>Language survives for the next 1700 years
>"No impact on the genetic makeup of the region btw"

>much more closely related than everyone else
>No impact on the genetic makeup of the region
The goalpost has left the observable universe user.

"No impact on the genetic makeup of the region btw"

The fact that Romanians are nearly genetically identical to Bulgarians really makes me doubt that. And despite memes, there actually are significant numbers of assimilated Gypsies in the country. I'm not denying shepherds in the Carpathians maintained a heavily-Slavicized Vulgar Latin dialect, but saying that Romanians are literally descended from Romans is BS, considering they are rather similar to other Balkanic populations.

Would be nice if you provided any actual argument instead of spreading your retarded opinions Janos.

>any actual argument
You mean like actual studies showing romanians to be complete mongrels with negrigible amounts of roman blood (roughly 3% of the population sports italic y-dna)?
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3404992/

imagine being the black sheep of the romance family...

Its almost as if nationalism always is we wuzism.

Such a reddit meme

Look at the map you provided for a moment. Romania's J2 haplogroup is significantly higher than all it's neighbours. Where does that come from? Bulgaria and Serbia have been under the Byzantines and Ottomans and have had both Greek and Turkish settlements on their territory yet theirs is lower, so it is clearly not Anatolian or Greek. The map actually under-represents it, it is a bit higher than 16%.

>gives study about people with Turkic last-name
Fucking KEK

Targeting your picture to normies so hard you actually have to tell'em "what's a dacia"
God I hate this meme

>h*ngarian calls anyone a gypsy

I don't think these numbers mean very much. In Slovakia gypsies are officially just one percent of the population, but the real estimation goes up to 9% just because a lot of them claim to be Hungarians on the census (most of them live in the southeast where everyone speaks Hungarian).

imagine being a r*manian

Can we please stop giving these low life gypos the time of the time?

>Le 80% face

>Imagine being a Trianon bitch
100 years and counting, boyo

Kek, who started this thread, magyarshit?

Virdigil? Cine-i Virdigil? Adă coletu' babā!

>Great Colture
>Great food
Stay mad gypsy

>maghiarshits make stupid claim.
>get BTFO'd with actual facts
>they resort to shitposting
Every damn time

>.
Is the name Roma really in reference to THAT Rome? I always thought it was "Roma" like in Romania.

>I always thought it was "Roma" like in Romania.
What did you think Romania was named after, the Romani?

what are you doing on Veeky Forums?

>Americans overthrow your country's government
>In 1993 an American jew decides the term gypsy is now racist
>He pushes for the UN to change it to something else
>They pick a term that's only 1 letter different from "roman"
>You have to use this term from now on or you are a racist badman
>tfw your country's reputation has been ruined forever

It's more of a cultural thing rather than a genetic one. I don't think any sane person here thinks we're Italians lost in the Balkans or the last true Romans in Europe. In fact there are more counter movements about Dacians being the actual KANGZ of Europe but that's another matter.

Pretty sure most Romanians view themselves as successors to the Dacians. Their language came from Rome though.

>it's another bozgor cuckboi mad jelly of a BLACK peoples descended from the BLACK Romans

There is a legitimate Mediteranean genetic impact left by the Romans as user stated here though yes we are mostly native Balkan peoples.

yeah, I never would have considered it given the geographic distances,makes sense it was named after Roma. Kind of a little far-fetched for the layman such as myself.