I don't have a squat rack so I though I'd try replacing back squats with front squats. Any downsides...

I don't have a squat rack so I though I'd try replacing back squats with front squats. Any downsides? I've also read that zercher squats (pic related) were intended for this situation. Are they any good? Also for front squats would you recommend cross arm grip or clean grip?

Your squat will by terribly limited by the lack of a rack.
Let's say you reach a 100kg squat in 2 months.
Do you think you could clean 100kg by that time? no.
Zercher squats are still better than no squats, though

what about plain front squats?

He doesn't have the ability to do them because of flexibility. Almost surely

bump for interest, front squats and zerchers look much safer and much more comfy. been wondering if I could do them instead as well.

could do hack squats

you'd need to clean the weight

>zerchers look much safer

kek

they aren't safer at all
you need way more mobility for front squats and zerchers are just retarded

I bugged my knee up a bit and have been doing front squats for a couple months now. Lighter weight than back squat but unless you're going for trex mode or you're an advanced lifter front squats are sufficient. Do some wrist mobility exercises

What about crossed arms grip? Doesn't seem like i'd need to train wrists with it.

Same problem exists. How are you getting the weight up there?

Barbell hack squat + Deadlift, will hit every muscle in your legs well, besides calves.

Learn Steinborn squats. It looks scary af but once you get the form down, you can get really heavy.

Or just put the two ends of the barbell on two things roughly the same height. When I started out I used a desk chair and one of the barbell holders from my bench.

Dude front squats basically only work quads. How can you even say they are all you need, that's retarded.

how do you want to pick the bar up on zerchers? full zerchers from the ground are pretty difficult

well, i can frontsquat my max clean for 3 reps, and you can still go highrep if neccessary, i think its a fine alternative. i dont do backsquats, only frontsquats and some other stuff and its perfectly fine if you arent a powerifter

This, or Jefferson squats

Zerchers are great. All I do is zerchers.

>Literally can't do back squats due to long-ass quads and fucky hip joints
>No substitutions do anything for glutes
>Currently dealing with Hank Hill ass
What do I do? I've tried glute bridges and they just hurt my back