High bar squatters BTFO by Alan Thrall:

High bar squatters BTFO by Alan Thrall:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=bbNA17KjBzU

Dietmar.jpg

He just wants to fit in with Mark Bell and his crew

I've got nothing against low bar, but it shouldn't be used as a main squat variation in training imo.

High bar is better for leg development. You can switch to low bar few months before a meet and use it for manifesting your strength.

>Alan Thrall drank a Gallon of Rippetoe Koolaid

Personally i find low bar the most comfortable on my upper back,, high bar just irritates the shit out of me.

>Mark Rippetoe remains right
who would've thought

benches 300 after over a decade of training

and he's a rippetoe cultist?

wow who would have thought

Is there anyone that can stop him?

You ripptoe cock suckers are awful.

EVen Riptits stole his book from Bill Starr who advocated high bar or olympic style squats since it's better for athletic performance but good old Riptits had to shill and pander to neckbeards.

Mark Bell and even the EliteFTS crew recommend direct quad work because low bar primarily targets the glutes and hammies.

>Alan "Le Reddit" Thrall

He looks like shit lmao

>low bar primarily hammies
wew

high bar squat is pointless. do low bar with more weight and get better gains.

low bar/front squat best squats

hack squat is more better

>elitefts crew
Do you mean westside barbell?

Why would I listen to some fat neckbeard?

Can anyone post good reasons to do high-bar instead of low-bar squats?

What are your goals? A lot of things depend on that. Anyway,

>More quad activation
>Less stress on the lower back, meaning that they don't interfere with deadlift training as much
>Higher mobility requirements, you generally get more flexible from doing high bar

bet you look better

All of this

Squat is my main lift and I recently switched to low bar for the first time. It's better for training lower back if you're strict, but if you're also doing deadlifts then doing high bar with deadlifts is way more optimal in my experience

High Bar
>Better quads
>More weight
>Easier on lower back

Low Bar
>Better hips
>Easier to work lower back

Both are fine and shitting on either one is for people lifting for mental insecurity reasons

>high bar
>more weight

pick one, if you can lift more with hbs than with lbs you are doing it wrong

Not necessarily. Kiril squats exclusively high bar, even in competition.

I guess he wouldn't if it was producing worse results then high bar.

>High bar is better fo-
No it's not.

Who cares front squat is the leg workout of gods, stay butthurt rippefags

>I am gonna shitpost in an edgy manner instead of trying to prove someone wrong because I might've read starting strength

Lulz, Alan 'I'm weak piece of shit' Thrall. A 242 weightclass, 1200 total ''''''''powerlifter'''''''' with 11 years on platform.

He should just shut the fuck up and get good. People in two weightclasses lighter outsquat, outpull AND outbench this pathethic neckbeard.

I can lift more high-bar because that's how I squatted since day one.

Man a 1200 total is pretty good for a regular natty.

I squatted high bar for 1.5 years and got stronger pretty much the instant I switched to low bar. Granted I do have an awful build for high bar, but I stubbornly stuck to it until I caved, and I've been getting stronger and enjoying squatting way more since.

t. dyel fag

It literally isn't.

I hit 1305 lb total @ 198 lb the very first time (3 years training) i went to a USAPL meet.

2 years later i hit 1465 total at 183 class.

1200 at 242 is literally high school kid numbers

Wow you're so cool

>I'm going dispute scientific fact demonstrated time and time again in the powerlifting community because I feel superior based on trap bar placement.

It' like explaining atmospheric half life, ocean acidity, c02 content of crust, sea level, ice melt, and population density of certain biomes to someone who is going to scream alternate facts or fake news. There is no point. Mockery is the best tool when someone will obviously sit down and argue alt facts all day long.

I actually do powerlift.

I am actually going to do low bar squats tomorrow as I am attending a meet in 2 months.

I've actually never said that there's no use for them, just that they are not an optimal training tool.

Max Aita says the same, John Coffee says the same. They are both renowned coaches, now back your claim or stop comparing me to people denying climate change.

>claims to have facts
>refuses to cite any of them
You have entered the realm of contrarianism. Instead of laying the smack on someone with evidence, you merely shout "nuh uh" at the kid shouting "yuh hu". If you're going to argue in front of everyone, do it correctly.

But he's right? My high school had a board that they cleared every year with the foot ball teams totals, and every year it had multiple kids with 1200+

Wrong. Only an idiot who hasnt reat Starting Strengthâ„¢ would believe something this autistic

What's the point when we all know that one thing is true and the other isn't and the opposing side isn't going to budge? It's wasting breath. Sure, everyone else gets a giggle but one has failed to change a mind.

I'll give one of the more obvious complications in highbar squat issues:
>The Classic Long Torso (Irish Man's delight)
High Bar squat necessitates a long torso and thus requires an upright back angle. The positioning causes a shift in leverage from the hips to the knees and a longer range of motion. At first, it sounds great right? Longer range of motion, more muscle development. Wrong. The anterior chain is neither as large or powerful as the posterior chain. The shift in leverage to the anterior chain, which the high bar squat favors, creates a greater struggle with gravity and is the result of a lot of knee buckling accidents prevalent in squatting.

Compare that to low bar where one leans forward to obviate the need for a longer range of motion caused by a forward knee AND the posterior chain bias that's created for a deeper more meaningful squat.

Sure, this sounds like high bar is superior for quad development, but that's where one would be wrong, again. The low bar allows for a shorter range of motion and less forward knee movement which results in the ability to stack on weight, shift leverage to the hips, and avoid injury.

More torque, more weight, larger quads, stronger posterior chain, greater growth.

You guys went and proved his point lol.

Some of us are actually athletic

High bar squat is far superior to low bar

>Bill Starr advocated high bar
Can you source that?

I put the bar in the low-bar position because it's the most comfortable.

Then I squat with some form that could probably be described as "high-bar". I use a narrower stance and allow more forward knee travel because I feel more powerful with that form.

I know I hit the same depth every time because I bottom-out when my hamstrings touch my calves.

I'm a short-femured manlet so your mileage may vary.

i squat the exact opposite

high bar position but i have to squat kinda like its lowbar cause my femurs are long and getting to parrellel makes me have to bend over more than the average person