What is the relationship between natural resources and economic growth?

What is the relationship between natural resources and economic growth?

directly proportional

As far as I'm aware though, doesn't Africa have absolutely shit tier economic growth despite natural resources out the ass?

Not much, surprisingly... Unless the resource in question is Ashkenazi genetics

Then you can live trapped between the desert and the sea and surrounded by millions of crazy ragheads and control the entire world as well as snap up half the nobel prizes and the lion's share of patent awards

Inverse. When your economy is resource rich your currency appreciates because of all the foreign currency entering the country, an expensive currency makes your other industries uncompetitive in the global markets and you can't create economies of scale, it's called the Dutch Disease.

niggers aren't exactly the smartest people around

They've been oppressed by the white man tho.

Parasites do not survive without hosts, kike. Economic growth is directly proportional to the percentage of European blood in a population.

Argentina is a prime example.

While this is an interesting point, he asked about "economic growth" not economic efficiency which is why countries like Switzerland, Singapore, Japan with few natural resources outstandingly outperform resource rich countries economically on a per capita basis.

As I understand natural resources like petrol frees up capital for people further down the line to spend money on other things - however increased scarcity of petrol generally pushes up inflation as transporting most/all goods goes up in price, adding a tiny but universal increase to costs in everything.

That's because high corruption, little capital, and poor infrastructure (look at the "Trans-Africa Highway" or whatever the fuck it's called, most of it is unpaved and it's poorly managed) that means they, in fact there is no "they" since it's all fractured and piecemeal, have little bargaining power to negotiate higher prices with exporters.

Most African countries don't have the capital to invest to exploit their own resources so they need the financial and at times technological help of wealthy Western or Chinese companies to do it. Since the exploitation of these resources is better for the local communities than non-exploitation, they let themselves get cucked because otherwise there is no money. And the fact that they are all corrupt as shit means they can take a little cream off the top too.

Theoretically the more Africa gets exploited, the more capital trickles in, the more Native African companies can arise and exploit African resources. Of course, that's probably not a good thing - so they're being exploited by their own people instead of Westerners the latter, who at least for PR reasons, have to maintain a veneer of 'social responsibility'.

Climate is more of a deciding factor than quantity of resources.
>Africa is too hot, pests and diseases thrive over there
>Heat makes it difficult to reliably provide water for domesticating plants such as wheat, potatoes and corn
Egypt was an exception because the Nile was absolutely ballin'. Huge, highly predictable and reliable.

hol up u be sayin we wuz dum n shiet?

I think it's mainly dependent on the will of the people. I mean, you look at countries like Russia or Venezuela where there are plentiful natural resources but due to incompetent government the money that was invested into infrastructure gets siphoned off through bureaucratic process.

On the other hand you also get places like Singapore or Japan where there practically no natural resources but due to the education and hard work of the population their economy is amazing.

Whenever I think of a country full of natural resources but is relatively poor I definitely think of nations like Russia or Nigeria.

>russia
>not venezuela
>not saudi arabia
>nigga u what

So basically it all comes down to corruption again?

>least for PR reasons, have to maintain a veneer of 'social responsibility'.

Nah they ditched that lol.

Nah bro, if it's mainly lazy fuckers that consist of a countries citizenry, then their economy is going to suffer.

America at least still tries to look like the big bois when it's dealing with smaller countries

What about Australia?

Did Murica drink Canada's milkshake?

that's absolute bullshit lmao.
Do you realize how MASSIVE africa is? and how many climate zones it has, while a big chunk of it sits on the equator, places like south africa are very similar to Argentina weather wise.
While domisticating plants was a huge factor during early stages, it has been completely irrelevant for the last 300 years. Yet africa remains a shithole while places like Australia are modern countries with perhaps the best quality of life in the world.

Natural resources allow a country to grow quickly but culture plays a bigger role in the development of a country.

While it's up for discussion whitey has been exploiting africa for a long time, most of the operations carried out in africa for the extraction of mineral resources are carried out by foreign companies that take the profits away from the population futher depriving them of the chance to developt to a point where they could manage these operations themselves.
I remeber an article a few year a go about how western countries donated billions of dollars a year to africa, but then went on to show that these billions of dollars were not even 1% of the money developed nations removed every year from africa.
While I don't think it's necessarily Explotation or theft and more a necessary exchange where we provide the initial investment and skilled people to make it possible africans wheter it is for due to corruption, culture, literally low IQ, I don't know, they fail to use the profits they make to educate their population and make these operations viable for africans to carry out.

steal them in other countries > boost own economy oh wait...

true but
location is the most deciding factor
(have sea, near trade routes, good neighbours etc etc)
but lacking other factor can still fuck your growth