Let's talk about rows

Let's talk about rows

Is there any reason to do this exercise if I'm already progressing on weighted pull ups and deadlifts? Rows seem unnecessary.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5pYySU1vsJQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

pull ups are superior to rows

everyone cheats on their rows anyways

Pendlay rows actually help my bench

How so?

I replaced bench for weighted dips and I feel like pull-ups help me progress.

>pull up and face pull master race reporting in
rows are for faggots

You do them, just do them seated. Works on your muscle to pull back while lat makes you pull down

Better range of movement/selection with rows than deadlifts or pull ups, also ever so slightly different muscles

What about underhanded rows? I feel like I can feel my lower lats a lot more doing them, but I'm not sure if I'd be better off just doing them regular

I do them under handed as well. Get better blade pinch

full rom heavy db rows are king

Because pendlay rows is inverted bench press.

I like them as a complement to pull-ups, since I feel like I can do a slower and more controlled movement whith a lower weight and pauses. Doesn't interfere with my training and my pull-ups have increased pretty fast, but I don't know if it's the rows or not. Skip if you want but it won't hurt you to do them.

just do all three
Rows will also effect on your Erector Spinae, Gluteus, Hamstrings

You can never do enough back training.

Good answer.

tfw my row/pullup/curl numbers are fucking crazy compared to my other results and my back has been always more defined than my chest

anyone else knows this feel?

I can row almost as much as I bench :/

Yes.

I think i gotta roll out my arms to fix my tendonitus and strengthen my delts to progress on chest.

I've been stalling on my pendlays for well over a month now, and I'm just short of lmao1pl8. Problem being I don't really feel it working.

What alternatives should I explore, dumbbell perhaps?

actually i can row much more than i bench

>always been better at pushing exercises likes dips, ohp and bench press than pulling exercises
>back is still the best body part

I don't know how to feel about this.

You're supposed to be able to row more than you bench. Pressing is always harder than pulling, except if you focus on pressing too much.

Look man go for the simplest answer first. Just the harder. Add more sets (at least 3), with either higher weight and lower reps (down to 3) or lower weight and higher reps (up to 15).

And that's already assuming that your sleep, diet, hydration, and life stress is being properly managed

Hello my fellow flying squirrel

... Fuck, yfw you must now rethink your entire routine

This. Especially after your lower back is already fatigued from deadlifts.

>You're supposed to be able to row more than you bench.
Depends on the type of row. A (good) 225x5 pendlay row is quite a bit more developed than a 225x5 bench.

Most people's pendlay form sucks shit though.

try doing them for 8-10 reps with underhand grip while doing a weight you can control, i GUARANTEE your back will explode

what are deadlifts?

I try to row slow and deep from elbow extension to touch just above/at navel. Is this good form?

>DEM QUADS.

>face pulls

>You can never do enough back training.
best reply 2bh

Front lever rows are teh real shit mane

> volume training

yes and falling is an inverted jump. doesn't mean falling helps my jumping

If you do lots of bench press then to have 1:1 balance all you need is pendlay rows.

Enjoy your lmao 2pl8 bench pussy

wrong

overtraining is a thing and happens most with back because it's hard to feel the soreness there and it's used on pretty much every compound.

is there any reason to do rows if I do cleans, snatches and weighted pull ups?

i fucking hate normal rows can i do yates rows and pull ups instead?

just do seated cable rows and pull ups

Just do towel rows brah

what is a towel row brah?

youtu.be/5pYySU1vsJQ
Gotta confuse the muscles by rowing towels

/thread

These brahs confirmed for making it.

this in everyway. Do chinups for a bicep/trap orientated pull and widegrip for the lats.

Rows are shit without roids. You either struggle to keep form with the amount of weight you can lift or you keep form and make shin gains because youre stronger than that. Also a strain on lower back and doesnt train your core like pullups

>pull ups are superior to rows

* * * * * * * RETARD ALERT * * * * * * *

You aren't going to overtrain anything by going to the gym. Even 7 days a week wouldn't be enough.

Man theyre good as a highvolume low weight exercise but dont try and max it or your biceps will hate you

you're either retarded or roiding.

pull ups don't hit your traps

The only reason to do rows is for rhomboid health

i found the scrawny little bitch who thinks he's hot shit because he can pull his 120 pound body up and let it fall a few times LOL.

Chin ups do and its far easier to add a few lightweight yates rows and trap raises than fuck your lower back trying to do rows that no one does right.
Im sorry they are just a shit exercise the alternatives are far far better

You wont get a thick back from pullups/chinups. Only a wide back

Lmao you know that weight belt with the chain attached at every gym.

Thats not for bdsm in the bathroom weighted pullups exist faggot

Do you even pendlay row? Lmao.

i did pullups today using towel hanging on pullup bar and HOLY Fuck this shit burns your forearms and grip like crazy

double the gains

they really don't hit your traps all that much
you hit your traps better by overhead pressing than by doing chin ups

One armed rows mate.

Im not dissing all row variants but your standard row is a fucking shit exercise. Unnecessary strain on lower back and shoulders and all the parts it focuses can be subsituted with better exercises

Holy fuck there's an actual thread about lifting, discussing lifts, on my /fit. Catch a shooting star, boys.

I prefer heavy straight bar attachment cable rows. Mimics barbell action but I always feel the activation in my rhomboids more this way. Get a nice squeeze.

I only really do t-bar rows after i found pull up to much better, and more fun to do.

No pendlay rows are shit. One armed are safer and do the same thing aswell as getting a wider back with pullups.

Stay a bitter little goblin looking cunt with rounded shoulders faggot

Do you even pendlay row? You wont strain your lower back. Pendlay rows are the original barbell rows. But somehow roiding bodybuilders make bent over rows become the barbell rows.

ANOTHER example of a better exercise that focuses same thing. Pendlay rows are an outdated excise from an old as shit roidsforbreakfast bodybuilder

I love watching the guys who load up lmao4pl8 for bent rows, then stand at an 179 degree angle and do their 2 inch ROM.

pendlay rows seriously fucking suck tho yes theyre the original barbell row from the 50s roid junkies and their broscience.
Those cunts ate 250mg of test with every calorie no shit it worked

Safer because you do shitty ROM? Lmao

Shitty ROM on 1 arm rows? They are literally the number one exercise for building thick backs stay with your outdated shit exercise idiot. You arent making arguments just talking shit pendlay rows are an old outdate me me that needs to die.

I bet you neck 7 raw eggs in the morning because rocky did it

you do both

Bet youre lifting lightweight shit. You cant go real heavy with dumbells.

What? idk bout your gym but we have dumbells up to 120kg here. I seriously doubt you row 240kg

>scrawny little bitch STILL thinks he's hot shit because he can pull his 120 pound body up with a 5 pound weight attached to a belt

these whiny little manlets are just the cutest thing to laugh at. give it a rest, kid. you're embarrassing yourself.

Lads I have a dumb question. I really want to incorporate rows into my workout, but the uni gym doesn't have place to do rows. Do I just do them with the bench barbell?

Your uni gym doesn't have a floor?

I would very much like to see this floating gym of yours.

Pull-ups definitely don't allow you to completely ignore rows. They're both useful together, but I prefer seated cable rows. I get lower back when I do Romanian DL.

People really hate alternate opinions dont they.

Pendlay rows suck pullups and alternative rows are 100% better but hey keep calling everyone who actually talks sense a scrawny manlet and project your insecurities you little faggot.

Let me guess you started lifting 3 months ago and think you know everything because you watched a riptoe video.

this is all that im saying.

Dont misunderstand me im not hating on ROWS im hating on pendlay rows theyre stupid and the alternatives are better. One example, seated cable rows....

strong projection from the manlet detected. this explains why bitch boy thinks he's hot shit because of his little 5 pound weighted pull up LMAO.

seriously squirt, give it up. i get that you're desperate for my attention, but this is quickly getting pathetic.

>you will never be a 6'5, 245 pound, 12% body fat winner like me

let it go, frodo. it's not your fault.

What angle should my back be for bent over rows? Horizontal, or slightly up? Like, I used to do pendlay rows without letting the bar touch the ground.

Post body or else you're full of shit

post body with timestamp BIGMAN. Go link another scott fagman video aswell you looooooser

>row slow
> pendlay row
no

Try lifting heavy and say that shit again

Lol.

You clearly don't bench much

rows hit your rhomboids and rear delts more than either of your other back exercises. yes, you should do rows.

imagine being so desperate for attention/approval from a total stranger on the internet that you keep badgering him about it.

sorry munchkin, but i'm not enabling your bad behavior. this is your final (you).

learn to deal with your impotent rage or huff some cyanide, midget retard. it's over. you're done.

Yeah, nah

Don't pretend this is some kind of established rule. You made this up

Anyone do dumbell pullovers. Are they shit tier. Should I replace with pull ups. I also do bent over rows

Jesus fucking christ, where do retards like you are bred? Chins and pullups both heavily utilize lats. Chins and pullups both utilize traps to move scaps. To stabilize yourself safely for barbell row you need to engage core.

woah woah woah man I was replying to the pendlay row guy.

Not talking about all rows chill ur shit

The problem with pendlays is that the weight your back can pull with always outdistance the weight your core and lower back can handle. Pendlay rows and bent rows are jut not ideal when theres so many better alternatives.

Traps: Yates rows, lateral raises, trap raises

Lats/biceps: pullups, chinups, lat pulldown

Then youve got seated rows, low seated rows and one armed rows all without putting strain on lower back and without the risk of shitty form.

My first post was written poorly but this is my argument here

maybe with aryan superhuman genetics

a normal person can easily overtrain

I gave them a good shot and felt them in my shoulders primarily. Dunno if I was doing them well or not.

Straight off the bat you need good lat and shoulder mobility.

He didn't reply, so it sounds like you were right.

Enjoy fucking up your shoulder when you bench.

>Like, I used to do pendlay rows without letting the bar touch the ground.
Then you weren't doing pendlay rows. Pendlay rows are defined by resting the weight on the ground each rep.

As for back angle, there's no right answer. It depends on your goals. If you angle 135°, you will hit lats more. If you angle 90°, you will hit rear delts and rhomboids more.

facepulls are the single best exercise for shoulder mobility in the gym.

No there will be no gains or visual changes but I went from a sprained rotator cuff every second week to being able to actually stick to a fucking program with face pulls.

That translates to gains to me

>doing just one or two lifts for the second biggest muscle group in the body

No wonder everyone here is dyel.