QTDDTOT

How do you cutters employ damage control the day after an accidental binge day? Extra cardio? Eat less for some days after? Tell me.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pYcpY20QaE8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why does this thread always have Vikings screencaps as the image?

Does a 6 day bro split actually make better gains than a 4 day strength routine?

All the guys on here who look good seem to do 6 day workouts with loads of volume.

Everyone has different opinions. Most seem to react badly to negative punishments (eating less the rest of the week) and value and suggest just ignoring it and going on as usual so you dont get depressed from the mistake.

I work very well in negative circumstances, when I cut any over eating results in a punishment the day after, thats an hour more of cardio and eating under what I overate (some days I have had 3 pieces of PB on toast for food).

Also remember if you do punish yourself to drink more water than usual, if you eat less than usual your body will start to get very hungry and will crave food for days after, water helps mitigate that effect.

I count my calories for a three day window. That way I can allow for larger meals and smaller days.
Anyway, basically I don't ever "binge" when I'm cutting because I'm not a spoiled child, but when I do choose to have a larger meal or a snack, I make up for it over the next two days, or the next day, or whatever.

if you eat once every 24 hours you're allowed a daily binge while also losing weight as long as you don't go too crazy with the calories

look its this simple. Start on a low volume strength program then once youve done that move to a bro split or high volume 3-4 day a week.

The muscle gains on strength work real well with newbie gains but they drop off. If youre more interested in looks and core/supporting muscles go volume. If you wanna be a powerlifter who just looks like the solid fat kid in school go strength.

When people post stats online, are they including the weight of the bar? e.g would 12.5kg on either side of a 20kg bar be 45kg, 25kg or 12.5kg?
I understand the concept of 1pl8 though.

Why can't my biceps grow?

I used to do a lot of chin ups and after seeing zero growth in the biceps, just lats growth i started going to a gym. After 2 months i saw decent triceps growth but zero biceps growth, even strength is pretty much the same since i started on all biceps isolation exercises i do.

Did i get cucked by genetics

the bar count as 20kg

just keep lifting, mix regular and hammer curls for isolation with proper form

>Does a 6 day bro split actually make better gains than a 4 day strength routine?
Apples and oranges.

If you're consistent and put equal effort/time every session, any six day program will outpace any four day program because YOU'RE IN THE GYM A LOT MORE. Nuances in specific training effectiveness goes out the window when there is fucking huge 50% disparity in one factor, ESPECIALLY if you're a noob lifter.

It's a small muscle group that recovers quickly. Frequency and volume matter a lot with it. Consider actual isolation instead of listening to Rippletits' disciples.

As said, focus on good form when doing your isolation. You want dat ROM and pump, not seeing if you can curl 5 lbs more than the previous week.

What is a 6 day routine that is actually good?

Push pull legs seems pointless since you can just put legs in on a push day, my legs grow like weeds from squats and DL only.

>tfw posted in fucking old thread
is it gyno guys
have lost 33 pounds yet mantits stay the same,
could it possibly be psuedogyno and will they decrease as i continue to lose weight
yeah i know shit picture

forgot pic

My right arm is slightly longer than my left arm, and it makes it harder to deadlift with certain grips. How can I mitigate this?

>accidental
What, you fell into a cauldron of sauce?

At end of workout 3x10 incline bicep curl (bench should be 3 notches back from vertical). Then do a pyramid set going down from 10 to 1 and increase weight as necessary. They should really fucking hurt the next day.

Can't say with that quality and lightning...

Extra cardio is generally a good idea
but other than that you shouldnt try and make it up just continue what your doing, a day every now and then isnt going to hurt you much at all

just try and make sure you dont rubber band with your cut

Don't be a fag it's one day in a multi month process. Won't be your first or last day you go over. You could cut at a little lower cal intake to give yourself more wiggle room for those fun filled Friday and Saturday nights.

let's say I'm a 20%bf 180lb 5'11 male, so my goal is to lose fat and gain muscle...

and let's say I cheat on my diet and have a pizza for lunch or something.

should I have a protein shake later, exceeding the amount of cals I need but getting enough protein? or is it better to not eat the rest of the day and stay at my cal goal, but not get nearly enough protein?

Go and lift until i can't anymore.

Do I block a girl's number if the group chat that we're both a part of becomes her emotional tampon?

Get your brotein and just except the fact your diet lasts a half day longer. Don't go crazy but a couple hundred cals over isn't going to kill you

I'm starting to learn power cleans, what's a good set and rep range for a workout? Also, when your hip thrusts out, is it supposed to push the bar or is the forward movement just a byproduct of the second pull?

Cardio every day safe? Liss

I think you just have to accept that you set your cut back by however you ate. You could try doing things like scheduled cheat days or something in the future.

I did a really intense ab workout around 2 days ago, and my lower ribs hurt quite a lot. Is this the intercostal muscles still recovering, or should I be concerned?

Bump

yeah absolutely but you have to ease into it... can't go from zero cardio to doing it every day especially if it's something high-impact like running. Also vary intensity/distance.

Would be good to do a routine like pic related 6 days a week?

Theoretically I think it would be like doing a full body 3x a week, plus lots of accessories.

Can I build upper body with dumbbells alone? Aesthetics is my goal.

You mean like PPPPPPrest? I'm interested in this too. Bumping for interest. Also where did you find this routine?

>will they decrease as i continue to lose weight
Yes. It looks very normal for your %bf t b h.

Also what do the / mean? That you alternate the exercise each workout?

Yes. I've edited based on a ppl model, placing the legs pull and push accordingly.

Yes.

Finally got a membership to a gym. I'm a 6'1 239 pound fatass, is my best course of action to do a routine like SL or SS or some sort of 3x5 heavy compound lifting routine?

my long term goals are really just to lean out and not look like shit

your nipples look way too small for that to be gyno but the pic is shit

For a couple of months, yes. Just enough you can get "novice" lfts for your weight (see symmetrystrenght.com). Then, hop lon a ppl or other bodybuilding routine.

I am currently cutting on a IIFYM diet at 2400 cals per day according to a TDEE calculator.

Should I be eating more than 2400 cals on training days? My calculator asked how often I excercise so is it already taken into account for 2400?

Also if I go over on fat macros and under on carbs but still hit the calorie target is this ok? I love me some bacon n eggs but the fat content is quite high.

Anyone wearing compression pants/leggings/tights or w/e they are called in the gym?
Are they comfy? How big my legs need to be to wear them?

On chest day is it wise to do both incline and decline bench press? Should I even need to be doing both?

was thinking of doing the same with shorts on for leg day

Bump

how low should I go on weighted dips?
I'm doing ring dips if that matters

depends on what db you're talking about
if that's just not using bb then yes
if that means those two 5kg db you have home then no

Definitely heavy ass dumbbells at the gym haha. No BB. So it's possible? Sweet. Just prefer DBs to BBs. But I know BBs are pretty much mandatory for a good leg work out

>I know BBs are pretty much mandatory for a good leg work out
exactly
for upper body db or bb is just what you prefer

I've worn compression shorts working out since I was a freshman in high school, so been doing it for like 8 years now. Definitely need them to keep my junk from flopping around while doing squats and olympic lifts. also keeps my nuts and dick pinned against me so it doesn't feel awkward when my dick shrinks from working out.

Thanks dude. Just needed that reassurance

I think I got a pinched nerve in my tail bone area. It doesn't hurt too bad but it's uncomfortable. Hurts when I expand our contract my pelvic area. Should I stop lifting altogether until it heals or stop legs and continue with push and pull.
And what are some exercises, stretches to help heal? Is a PT necessary here?

How do I fill in my delts?
Theyre disproportionately small

What do I do if I want to do Pendlay rows, but the weight is less than 1plate and there's no bumper plates?

I've been thinking about trying front squats instead of regular ones since regulars usually end up fucking up one of my knees.
Will they destroy my wrists? I see two variations of front squat, one where you hold the bar on your bent-back wrists and one where it's in your crossed arms. Is either one better or worse/dangerous?
Is the wrist strain bad enough that I'd have to reconfigure my routine since I bench the next day and need my wrists/hands in good shape?

dumbbell rows to build strength up

Sometimes when I get up from sitting my knee sounds like the buttons from portal. What would be a good free yoga resources or pirate-able material? Or what should I do in general?

pls respond

routine check pls?

>A
Dips 4*10
Pull ups 4*6
Push ups 4*25
Chin ups 4*8
Squats (bodyweight) 4*25

>B
Bench 4*8
Rows 4*8
DL 3*6 (alternate w/ Squats 4*8)
OHP 4*8

AxBx

A is all body-weight

Because Vikings rocks

drop A and replace it with weights

nuu

Obviously you should be OHPing
On the same day you do that, do various lat raises at the end of the workout. Low weight, slow and controlled reps with strict form. Keep going with lower dumbbells until you're down to 10lb ones and your shoulders are completely burnt out.

>it's a solve six (6) image things and still get them wrong episode

Bent over or on a bench?

low reps many sets
as many sets as possible x3-5 reps

How do I into lats?
I try everything but always feel like I'm just using my biceps instead of activating the back.
The cable rows are popular with big guys so I do those (even with the "thumb over the bar" grip like someone in a previous thread pointed out) but even when I use the strictest of form only my biceps end up getting pumped up.
I do pull-ups to and can do a fair amount with wide grip but it's the same problem.

why is A not weighted?
why such high volume on B?

your bis are too weak compared to your lats so you feel it in them
also try to make a muscle mind connction
for example on pullups don't try to go up but try to push your elbows to the ground

Sometimes if I fucked my previous days diet real bad I'll skip breakfast and just kinda half fast for a day no biggie. But more often I catch myself binging, think "ok fuck you count all that" then just do the math so that instead of going over maintenance I at least can stay a bit under even if it's not the 500 under that I wanted. Then I just go back to my regularly planned cut. I'll run extra if it's a run day but otherwise I don't strictly count my calories burned for exercise and I don't consider exercise a good replacement for good diet so I'm not in the habit of relying on that.

You gotta figure out your binge patterns and shit. Like what made you binge? Was it cause there was all that shit food around you? Did you not get enough fiber/protein in the last meal? Do you normally drink coffee but skipped it that day and it increased your appetite? Were you drinking enough water? Could the binge have been prevented if you'd have had some low cal emergency snack around you?

You gotta figure this shit out and plan for it in the future to prevent repeated failures. Cause it's not gonna be that one binge day that fucks you it's gonna be those repeated binge days over and over that'll fuck you.

lat raises, ohp, face pulls.

Doctor will be your best bet

They are very comfy. It's like leggings for dudes.

pls?

bent over & on a bench, like so:

youtube.com/watch?v=pYcpY20QaE8

>when the geriatric spice is just right

>Want to get some of these since I know they're comfy but penis is dummy small, past the point of "just be confident bro it's the gym nobody cares" and you look retarded if you wear shorts over them

Yeah it's fine.

So I started doing some basic dumbbell workouts to help build some upper body strength. I'm still a fat fuck so i'm also cutting. I''m 6'0 and 250ish pounds (was 370). I also do cardio 3 to 4 times a week (hour+ of jogging). Here's what i'm doing so far

>x10 one arm dumbbell row (switch arms at the end)
>x10 Push ups (still gotta do girl push ups because i'm weak as fuck
>x10 Should Press (really a fucking struggle for me, i'm using 20lbs dumbbells and i'm not sure if it would be smarter to lower the weight to make it more manageable or struggle with the 20lbs till my body can do more)
>x10 Alternating curls
>x10 Triceps extensions
>x20 shrugs

I do this x3 pretty much everyday as soon as I wake up, no rest between sets. Granted only done this for a week but if anything it's getting harder to do and not easier. What changes should I make if any? Should I continue to do this everyday? Does doing cardio after weight lifting hurt any anything?

So I've been doing alphadestiny's beginners program and he says I should be making gains every workout but I'm only gaining maybe 5lb on my lifts per week or 2, even less on ohp.

What am I doing wrong, I'm on a calorie surplus and I'm seriously fucking trying each workout.

A is not weighted so I can do it at home

I prefer 4*8 because I find it easier to maintain proper form on lighter weight.

Seems like some bro shit if I ever heard it

5 lbs per week is already enormous. embrace the noobly gains while you can. think about it, if you could maintain 5lbs per week, you'd have a 250lbs increase in a year. I'd consider myself lucky to get half that.

Ya, but I can only ohp 80lbx5 , bench 120lbx5, and 5lbx5 weighted pull ups. Shouldn't I see more improvement since I'm so weak?

OP lurking here. Epic fucking advice. I'll definitely try to do this rather than focussing on just damage control. I need to prevent the actual damage. Thanks a lot man

are you a beginner?
desu doing it at home is not an excuse for not adding weight
when it'll be too easy you'll add reps forever?
do a real claisthenics routine on A, either doing harder exercises when they get too easy or add weight
I do the same btw. I train at home doing weigthed calisthenics during the week
doing this doesn't need shit tons of weigth, just a couple of plates or anything heavy you can put your hand on
to balance with your A routine I'd advise you to do heavy work on lifting
train your form, going heavy on low reps is the same than going lighter on long sets, fatigue breaks the form, not the weight

Just tennis ball rolled my anterior delts for the first time. Not sure how well its worked, but my shoulders no longer click as I raise and lower which can only be a good thing.

They do however hurt like a bitch now, is that normal? After rolling them for the first time?

evidently you're not on a calorie surplus

I'm gaining at least a pound or two a month. Am I seriously supposed to eat more and get fat?

if ur a skinny then yes, then you cut after to shed the fat.

Any tips on how to stop binging? I'm tired of this shit.

Then why do people say a 300 calorie surplus is enough? I

What does a typical leg day look like in a PPL? Something that I literally cannot go wrong doing

I want to start running but my feet and legs cramp very easily (it happens about once or twice a week). It's happened before that I went out running and got a calf cramp that literally knocked me off my feet and didn't go away for a few minutes. I feel like my legs are about to cramp after light cardio exercise and very slight thirst. What can I do to get rid of my hairtrigger foot cramps?

stop fucking buy shit you binge with

not hard

Don't get mad at yourself for binging. Accept your lapse in reasoning just as a mistake anyone could make.
If your diet is very constrained, try lifting some of them. Eating slightly less healthily is a good tradeoff for binging and fucking yourself up that way. Also, try incorporating little intentional binges, like eating something that you really like and that's really unhealthy once in a while. Willpower is like a muscle; if you don't train it by starting small and working your way up, you're gonna keep fucking it up.

Cookie cutter ab routine?

You're fine man. Continue what you're doing; so much of Veeky Forums is either trolling to make people fat or is seriously deluded.
Not everyone gains at the same rate, even as a beginner. It's not a race anyway

Anybody have an infographic or link that shows the muscle groups? Like lats and delts and obliques and whatnot? I know what some of them are, but sometimes I get kind of lost in the jargon.