I'll be going to a gym the first time in my life on Monday...

I'll be going to a gym the first time in my life on Monday. They will give me a fitness assessment and plan out a routine.

What should I except for the next 5 months?

Other urls found in this thread:

startingstrength.com/get-started/programs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Just fucking do it already

do what exactly?

kys user

Don't follow the routine they give you instead read the sticky

Don't fucking quote me you baka

The routine they will give will most likely be terrible

They will more than likely offer you a bro-split. You could get better gains off bodyweight training than a brosplit. Do push-pull-lowers.
>Focus on high reps. Please please please believe me on that 1. Especially when starting out.
Low reps is good for engaging intergrated muscle use on compounds, but does not lead to isolated training, which is quintessential for a beginner. Do high reps till failure and chase the burn. No need to count reps, just rip it till failure every time.
>Watch out for a trainer who says 3 sets of 10. I guarentee they will throw that bullshit of 3 sets of 10 at you.
You want to rep till failure no matter what, whether it be heavy low reps or light-weight high reps. Why would you stop repping if you can do more?
Example split
High rep push
>Cable flies
>Bench
>Decline bench
>Incline bench
>tricep pushdown
>Tricep kickbacks
>Tricep extension
>Dips
As you get more proficient, try to incorporate a little bit of delts as well
>Pull
>Lat pulldown
>Lat rows
>Pendlay rows
>Pull-ups
>Face-pulls
>Biceps(curls of a great variety. Be sure to do this after your lat/rear delts portion)
Stick with mostly the upper lats on this day you can do lower back on lowers day.
>Lowers is whatever u want.
If you want big fucking legs do presses etc. I do mostly abs and lower back shit for making this a fat-burner day, maybe even do cardio for 15 mins beforehand

>Forgot to mention if you want pure mass or want to get good at powerlifting then starting strength is decent but I'd put a little bit more intensity into the basic philosophy.
>Push-pull-legs is GOAT for getting into a classical athletic body composition and prevent injury from lifting.

Ignore this dyel. Just go for Starting Strength.

>Last post.
It gets a bad rap but "Big 3 training" is probably better than starting strength for muscle mass and power lifting.
>A and B split
A day is literally you big 3 lifts. Benchpress squat and deadlift high set count and low rep high weight till failure.
B day is your misc day where you do whichever you are trying to increase and it's not usually the same on a routine basis. Maybe curls, maybe military presses, etc. (Just be sure to only allow moderate cardio as the point of big 3 training split or starting strength is to put on weight.)

You may actually just want to not come to Veeky Forums anymore in general. It's not really a "self-improvement" forum . It's just sarcastic lampoonery of obvious misinformation. Please orient yourself with better media such as following youtube channels.
>Rich piana
>Enhanced athelete
>Athlean X
>Clarence kennedy
>Scott herman
Veeky Forums is beyond toxic when it comes to just about every subject. Check out better forums like bodybuilding.com, Mensfitness.com, or just generally informative websites. This forum, is just something I use to look at softcore high test girls and sometimes really try to spread a good word.
4/4

Nice bait.

Instead of listening to some random internet guy's made-up routine, follow one that has proven to work every time it's followed correctly, made by an actual weightlifing coach with decades of experience.

>Basic model of the program:
startingstrength.com/get-started/programs

I advice you to read the 'Starting Strength' book or watch the videos to learn the form, and read ' Pratical Programming' for a more in-depth explanation of the program and its different stages.

I just started and I have no idea what I'm doing user

I just do whatever I feel like doing on the day, somehow I feel like that's gonna fuck me up

OH WELL!?

>Thinking of all things on Veeky Forums this is bait

>youtube channels.
>Rich piana
>Enhanced athelete
>Athlean X
>Clarence kennedy
>Scott herman

kek

broscience mixed with therapuffitness, which will result in you going nowhere

jesus wept i'd pay money to put my dick in that dude's vagina

tfw their routine will be sticky printed