Deadlifting 405 today and this happens, what would you do...

Deadlifting 405 today and this happens, what would you do? let it heal up or wear some faggy gloves so it doesn't get infected next time at the gym

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z4Ag3NMVTic
youtube.com/watch?v=XS76d21byXk&t=3m26s
youtube.com/watch?v=otorSGl3sG0
amazon.com/gp/product/B005HGWIMA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
youtube.com/watch?v=PsvJYZ8QIWo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>that happening from 405
Wew lad

twist them around and then rip them of g2g in 1 week use straps until then

Neosporin, good band aids, and gloves for 1 week.

Learn to grip the bar PROPERLY. You'll get callouses when you DL but they won't rip open like that unless youre sliding the bar around in your grip like a retard

lol i'm the only white dude reppin out 405, the only stronger guys are nig nogs

Try liquid skin. Or superglue. Depends on how bad it is. SOmething in like the pic likely won't hold.

Also learn to grip. You're torquing the bar too much. Let the bar rest naturally at the hook of your digits. I do 405 for sets of five, no straps and my callouses are like 1/10th the size of yours.

Dude that looks BAD. That's a deep fucking cut.

Use chalk before lifting. Apply cream on em before bed after deadlift days or any day which strains your grip. I personally use Neutrogena, works wonders.

Just take a break, it's clearly an injury.

this famalam

This advice is intented for after your recovery though. I wouldn't even lift with that hand.

Deadlifting 405.
Lel. BIG BOI

Clean it. Let it heal for ~3 days before deadlifting again to make sure it doesn't rip again. You should be okay for your other lifts that don't require a tight grip. After 3 days, tape it up at the gym if you're going to deadlift, just to be safe. Use your judgement if you think you need the tape.

Also, trim your calluses that aren't ripped yet.

These Don't let a callus get so large, the knurling on the bar will grab onto it, and tear it off (just like you experienced)

You can either learn to grip properly, or regularly shave your calluses down. I suggest the former.

As for recovery, you'll be fine in 48 hours. Just learn how to grip the fucking bar.

Preempt that shit by polishing your hands with a pumice stone and moisturizing. Wtf is wrong with you fags. Errybody wanna lift big weights, nobody wanna take care of their shit.

>deadlifts

youtube.com/watch?v=z4Ag3NMVTic

this

recently realised I have to grip the bar with my fingers mainly and now get finger DOMS, what a feel lads

lmao pussy. Search for rippetoe and how to grip the bar. You dont grip with the palm like that.

t: someone who diddied 440 with double overhand 100% raw

I do this with nail clippers.

youtube.com/watch?v=XS76d21byXk&t=3m26s

This is just a rip off of Shankle's video from 5 years ago. Shankle's voice is sexier too.

DONNY SHANKLE IS BIGGER THAN YOU

Do what this user said or try applying chalk a bit more carefully, however still liberally. Take your time to apply it and don't just slosh your hand around in your chalk bag/box. Grab the bar HARD. Also maybe try finding a bar that isn't too new, since the newer ones tend to have more knurling as they're not worn down yet.

just fucking bite the shit off, carefully if its getting near skin. and grab some toilet paper and use that in your hand while finishing your workout

405 lmao, those are some real pussy hands.
Sorry bruh, but you should probably stop lifting.

fuck i love scooby

the mentality behind not wearing gloves is the same behind not using an umbrella when it's raining
nohomo

you are right, i dont have gloves or an umbrella

the only people who wear gloves at my gym are the 130 lb Indian kids

she literally cited his video

I do this but with teeth

You should be banned for this post.

Wait do you want me to do cleans or take time off? I don't think I can do cleans with my hands in this condition.

fuck these feels wojaks keep getting realer and realer

nobody recognized the quads of truth holy fuck good get. listen to these repeating digits op

He wouldn't know, he didn't actually pay attention to the video

I use these for a lot exercises. They're so much better than gloves and this places the emphasis on deadlift where it should be, instead of an exercise in grip strength and sweat palms.

your hands will adjust over time, but a lot of pulling volume will still fuck your hands up real bad, so make sure the bar is in the right place in your hands and use straps when your hands just can't take it anymore

nice, you officially deadlift less I did at 16 years old, good work, pat yourself on the back you are now ready to deride others on the internet

Or maybe just hear me out,

Wear gloves

You don't have to wear it 100% throughout your whole workout. Just put it on for heavy lifts like a belt. OP you're definitely going to have to wear gloves or skip a couple workouts. That's a deep cut you don't want it getting infected

Bet you give great hand jobs too

fucking kek. I meant clean the wound. The gym is filthy and it could get infected pretty easily.

I do. And when I'm done, I warm-up my deadlift with your max.

And you should be banned from the gene pool for how autistic you are. Wait nvm, girls are already doing that for us

In all seriousness, what is wrong with wearing gloves?

superglue the shit out of it then tape your hand

You need to grip lower. You're wrapping your palms around the bar. If grip lower, the bar doesn't move anywhere

Cut them off

preference i think. faggots like me aren't used to them, so we make up something about grip strength to make it more rational

on the other hand, my grip strength is pretty good

Damn user I'd suck on those torn calluses like a newborn baby

thanks bro that means a lot, no homo of course

Put some rock salt in there.

good idea user, thanks for the solid advice

>wearing gloves
That's fine if your name is Sanjay, and have designated shitting streets. Otherwise, it is not acceptable.

>not wearing gloves
>having rough hands
>never caressing a woman with your soft, smooth hands

Spotted the homosexual, girls love man hands faggot

You really need to learn to grip using your fingers, not so much your palm. The palm grip puts a greater strain on callouses but less strain on your forearms. A monkey grip puts a greater strain on your forearms, but less on your callouses.

Rippy Toe has a good video on how to properly grip a bar.

Also hook grip fixes it too, but doing reps with a hook grip never gets easier for whatever reason.

Learn to grip the bar moron or just wear gloves

>tfw rock hard callouses from climbing

Id just borrow my friends hands

You only need smooth palms for giving handjobs.

you would know eh?

use chalk senpai

>time to put some vodka on it

>tfw rock hard from you

will i see more gains if i do that, is that the fitness industry secret that Jason Blaha is always talking about

Why dont you just hold bar properly?

What you are doing: place middle of palm on bar, wrap hands around

What you SHOULD do: place the crease where your fingers attach to your palm on the bar, wrap hands around

I hope you mean KG famalam

This myth needs to die. Wearing gloves still works your fingers and palm. You literally need to grip harder when wearing them because they increase the circumference of the bar. You still get thick manley hands just without the rough palm ripping disgusting calluses

>not just washing the dishes, taking a shower so they're nice & soft
>not filing them with a callus filer
>not shaving them
it exactly like cutting your nails

Or, hear me out, you could learn to grip the bar correctly.
>free
>don't look like a limp wristed faggot
>still have nice hands that your boyfriend will love
>can give firm manly handshakes
>your dad can look you in the eyes without feeling ashamed of you

thanks user :3

amazon.com/gp/product/B005HGWIMA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 i use this about once a week to keep my calluses in check

> manly hands
> soft

pick one, you flaming homosexual.

wrap it with athletic tape

-t. olyfag with currently ripped callus

You need to fix your grip, and you need to be filing down your calluses when they raise up that badly. It is good to have tough skin, but not raised skin. A pumice stone works well, so does using really strong foot lotion on your calluses.

To fix what you've done, I'd say Neosporin or a comparable topical ointment, and some athletic tape. Maybe don't DL for a few days and focus on something else until you know for sure that your grip is fixed.

Learn how to grip a barbell properly you stupid shit.

This. Also that calluses that you get when you hold the bar properly is on the fingers, not the palms.

i literally have no idea how retards do this i've been lifting for 18 years and never had a problem

>Use chalk
>Grip with your fingers, not your palm
>Sand down your calluses and moisturise them often
>Use sports tape during training to wrap them when they're bad

None of this is hard user, you shouldn't be busting your hands on such light lifts. There's a Youtube vid by Donny shankle on callus care, watch it and get educated.

Why don't you faggots just file down your calluses

jesus christ at least lie or estat a bit so that your claim is mildly impressive

griplet detected

>being an humongous faggot

OP here if I go to the bar like this if everyone going to think I'm a raging faggot?

quads speak the truth.

That wont work. This will.

youtube.com/watch?v=PsvJYZ8QIWo

Hookgrip masterrace plebs

Less chalk next time