Started running about 2 months ago

>started running about 2 months ago
>could only run once a week because I got shin splints after a single minute of running every time
>go running today
>5 minutes of 7.5mph x2 (My heart isn't very Veeky Forums)
>winded but no shin splints
>feelsgoodman
>finish cooldown
>get off treadmill
>top two front teeth start aching

literally what the fuck why can't I just run without pain

I always randomly fell the need to shit whenever I start, that plus the splints

>shin splints
Stop heel striking.

I've been training for a year now and a 10 minute mile is still my best without getting my heart to dangerous levels. If I go anymore or faster than that my Hr gets to 192 and I get dizzy. All the doctors say is I'm "out of shape" lol.

>couldn't even run a mile before I started training
>one month later
>9 minute mile

I dont think youre doing it right brah

Any tips?

Learn speed drills and start doing hill sprints. You are out of shape.

Post what you do pls so I can give tips.

What really helped me was doing HIIT on the rowing machine.

First week do 300m as fast as you can (go hard as fucc brah) then rest 120 seconds and repeat 5 times

each week decrease rest by 20 seconds

>doing HIIT for endurance running

>10 minute mile

that's literally slow walking. please post what you are doing because you have made no progress unless you are/were dangerously overweight

>not doing HIIT for endurance running
raises testosterone in turn making literally every other heart gain easier
lowers heart rate so that when you're running your heart rate doesn't get dangerously high.

plus its not like you just do that, you add it once or twice a week on top of normal cardio.

Do not do HIIT yet. Build your aerobic base by doing couch25k. Once you built it, add in short sessions of HIIT once a week (via tempo runs and intervals) while you build up your mileage with long, slow runs.

Way to run way ahead before you even gotten the foundation.

Started around June of last year at 210 lbs. Best was a mile at 5 mph. Everytime I went to the gym I just set it to 5 mph and run until I want to kill myself. With diet and this I've got down to 185 lbs. Now I just get on the treadmill, set the incline to 1% at 6 mph and run until I want to kill myself.

Maybe I badly worded it while trying to make fun of him for his stupidity. Using HIIT to build endurance is a shitty idea when HIIT builds power and strength. Two different muscle fiber types.

Meant to reply to

Oh my god. WOW! you've just changed my life! Holy shit! Are you a wizard??!

Stupid cunt.

>Stupid cunt
Enjoy those injuries then.

it helps build endurance on top of the normal cardio
he said he's been training for a year i think the aerobic base is already there bud

I doubt he has been training for a year. Anyone who has trained for a year would be doing better even if they were not doing any speed drills.

He stated that he weighs a lot.

Fucking shit. It get it at the start of the run and if I push past it, I get it at the end.

I don't know why. Just running.

High intensity doesn't build endurance. How it helps running is by helping build your power and strength in your stride when you push off with your next step. Your muscle fibers work together with each, but your slow twitch fibers are the most prominent. It also helps with injury prevention.

stinky user can't run without needing a poopoo

just take one right before or shortly before the run brah

182 isn't a lot. He has shitty form and horrible mindset. Maybe if he wants to run, he should train like a runner instead of "run until I want to kill myself." That's a shitty way to train.

>helps build power and strength
>means you use less of your total strength for each stride
>means you can take more strides

if anything, why wouldn't he do hiit? it's not detrimental if it's rowing because of low impact. it literally cannot hurt and there's no way it wouldn't help

you need to time your runs and go for distance. I've had to come back from some crippling injuries back when I ran: eroded cartilage under kneecap and stress fracture. both times the very first time I ran I felt like shit. even when I was in shape and doing 70 miles a week I would hit a point about 1.5 miles in where I felt like shit. you have to push past it because it will pass. you must time your runs and go for distance. for instance after a week of 1 mile runs every day do some 2 mile runs the next. you can't just go till you feel like shit because you simply won't be exercising. that's why you haven't gotten any better in a year. I also advise actually running instead of using a treadmill

Because he obviously does not have fundamentals down yet. Cross-training is not a bad thing (I do it with cycling, swimming, and lifting), but you need to have fundamentals down first before you continue onto intermediate stuff. The cross-training supplements the running.

Never works. Even if I'm empty I get that feeling. I have no idea why

Take one or two loperamide before every run. You can thank me later.

>GOTTA GO FAST!!!

No it isn't. Slow walking is closer to 20 minutes per mile. He's not fast but what's the point of exaggerating?

Best post in the thread.

It's a fine pace I'd be happy if I could have a flat 10 min mile on my medium runs

it takes you that long to walk a mile? like if you need to get somewhere and walk it takes 20 minutes to cover a mile? a liesurly 1 mile stroll could take 20 minutes but come on. I could walk jog a mile under 10 minutes and I don't run. haven't for years I hate it. I only liked being part of a team

there's a difference between pace and taking 10 minutes to run a singular mile. there were girls on my high school track team that could run a mile under 5 minutes. ours is a cursorial species which means we have adaptations that allow us to run really well. we are arguably the best in the animal kingdom at endurance running but you wouldn't know that by looking at the lardasses lumbering about these days

No, I said "slow walking", not my walking pace. If I walk home from football, it takes about 40 minutes and it's three miles or so. I'm not tearing up the path, but I very rarely get overtaken by other pedestrians. I reckon the average person (excluding those hampered by size/disability/age) walks at around 3mph. So yes, a 10 minute mile is slow and probably a sign of no proper running form in any halfway in shape person, but it will elicit far more effort than a slow walk based on my (I accept anecdotal) observations.

I guess I walk fast as fuck. I should maybe chill out and relax

It's possible. Or you could build up towards the world record.

The point that guy is trying to make is that "stop heel striking" is for all intents and purposes useless advice

Heel striking is not a conscious effort and just saying stop it doesn't help

To beginners having knee pain or whatever while running (even just something like C25K), don't underestimate how important shoes are. I was having knee pain and I'm not fat (6'2" 140lb), went to the running shop and got fit for some proper shoes and my pain disappeared

>there are people in this thread who can't run a mile in under 7 minutes

Wut
How is this possible?