He doesn't use straps to deadlift

>he doesn't use straps to deadlift
>he lets his grip strength dictate how much he lifts
never gonna make it

>being a manlet

i only use straps for second round of pulling or supramaximal work

if it's a double deadlift day on sheiko, i strap up for the second round if my hands are really toasted or if it's box deadlifts

>his grip is too weak to lift his max deadlift

Who's the real idiot here?

>his entire posterior chain is weaker than his hands
must suck to suck

What's your deadlift little guy?

There is no winning. It is only construction

If your grip strength can't handle your deads then you're obviously not doing enough heavy shit with your forearms. If deads are your only forearm-intensive workout, then you're a fucking pleb who will never make it.

If you're using a switch grip on less than 3 plates or straps on less than 5 you need to kys

What's the verdict on hook grip?

Great if you want to dislocate your thumbs.

Where'd you get those arbitrary numbers from?

Yeah thats why olympic athletes use hookgrip.

Youre a fucking mong

The difference is, weights for cleans are lower than their deadlift weights, and the lift is faster so there is less time compressing the thumb, as well as not having to hookgrip the descent.

Hook gripping for deads should be singles only...but there's no real benefit except, like, "symmetry" to mixed grip. Oly lifters use hook because you can't double overhand your max clean.

Olympic lifters use hookgrip in competition and use straps a lot in training. Always using hookgrip in training is a great way to fuck your thumbs up for life.

>little guy
>this attempt at patronising
You remind me of that girl who comments on all of Trumps tweets calling him sweetheart. Stop being a faggot.

awww is the little guy upset? :(

Are you offended? It's okay buddy, I know all these big strong men are intimidating, but nobody's gonna hurt you here.

>samefagging this hard

>tfw gloves made my deadlift go up by 35 lbs
>not using gloves for all back exercises and building sandpaper hands when you can easily get the grip and comfort for 5 dollaroos

hey man i'm nice answers ITT, what's your stats?

K

Bw is 220 @ 6'2"
Squat - 495
Bench (paused) - 300
Deadlift - 525
OHP - currently doing 155 for sets of 5

Gained weight a lot faster the last two months than I would have liked, should be more like 215.

Mirin. How often do you incorporate paused bench? Training to compete in powerlifting or general strength?

>squat 495
>deadlift 525

you must have some short ass limbs relative to your height, i've got a good 150lbs between my 1rm dead and 1rm squat

I do compete in powerlifting. Every day I bench, which is 3x per week, it's paused. For 4 or fewer reps I pause all of them, 5 or more, I just pause the first one. I only OHP can be important in improving bench, so even though it's not necessary I treat it as my main accessory. I only do it once a week, but each week I add a set of 5 until I get to 5x5 then reset to 2x5 and add 5lbs.

My arms are average length for my height, but my femurs are super short and my torso is super long for my height.

OP is right. There are better grip exercises than deadlifts if you want to be an autist about grip.

Fuck lifting less because of grip desu lads.

Digging the specificity and the double progression for ohp

I'm training strongman right now...today was clean and jerk skill work, squats, reverse banded deadlift with magnet brake, yoke carry, then chinups/abs

fucking overkill for my strength level but it's fun

Thanks, it's nice to have a day where I don't worry about benching and can kind of mix things up. It makes me feel a little more well rounded for now at least.

Strongman training it's ridiculous, there's no way I could do it, but I appreciate it and love watching it. That sounds super intense though lad.

>tfw 565 deadlift and 435 squat

are you me

445 squat (at my best, I stopped squatting) 575 dead

no, i'm 10 lbs weaker

at deadlift maybe, my squat is 0 now

I'm wrecked man. Turned down plans to go out, had dinner and then a whole pizza as my second dinner with cheesecake.

So far everything is chill except for the continental cleans with the axle, fuck that shit. I'm probably going to compete once as a novice and then just bodybuild lmao

Probably healthier for your shoulders in the long term to press in multiple planes

>he robs himself of sweet forearm & grip strength gains

My only piece of advice there is do what you like, but don't wreck your body for a hobby.

Yeah man no kidding, thanks. I've already torn an ACL and meniscus in the same knee so the yoke was already dicey as fuck. Good luck in your training and thanks for your good posting

Right back at you user. Good luck to you and goodnight!