So, Veeky Forums

So, Veeky Forums

How do you have your oats?

1 cup, made with milk, with two teaspoons of brown sugar, and a banana. Every morning, ideally.

Literally just pour a bowl half filled of raw oats and and finish the rest with whole milk. Enjoy

>rougly 300ml of cold whole milk
>1 banana
>Shitload of raw oats
>1 ts of honey (optional)

Blend

>eating grains

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

is it hard to choke down or is it just like eating granola or cereal or something

>boil water, add oats, wait for it to thicken
>add a lil milk
>add some almond butter
>if i'm feeling good add a banana
>drink with a glass a milk

do you guys not cook yours? red pill me on raw oats

1 cup of oats
2 cups of cashew milk
4 tbl spoons of peanut butter
sweetner and cinnamon

blend milk, nut butter, and other fixings together. Pour over oats. put bowl in fridge overnight.

GG roughly 7-800 calories.

they just taste better and take less time to prepare/clean.

ok, i'll give it a shot user

Real question here: Are oats good for you? I don't lift (I know, I'm a fag), but I /diet/. Will the carbs fuck me or something? I don't know shit about this stuff since I'm just getting into Veeky Forums, but they're complex carbs, so that makes them okay, right?

Google fiber in carbs

Neat, so it's good. Thanks.

that depends on your goals

carbohydrates are a large portion of our calories so they're bad for someone trying to lose weight

from a health standpoint, yes, oats are excellent for you
but your body stores carbohydrates as glyocgen, which 'inflates' your muscles and fat cells, giving you a thicker look (which could be something you arent going for)

Carbs aren't bad. complex carbs are "better" if youre not diabetic or a binge eater it doesn't matter but they provide more satiation which most people want.

I put raw oats on top of my yogurt.

Hol up. I thought fruit and veg are were good for you. Are you saying that they're not good, they're just better than processed sugar? Is a carnivorous diet not just a meme?

answer this question please

Not that guy, but it tastes pretty good.

veggies are god tier, every single nutritionist and nutritional study agrees
fruits are lesser but a much much better choice than processed shit

fruits/vegetables have micronutrients, which are not essential, but better than chocolate bars

you can easily replace them with multivitamins, and still get the same effect without all the excess calories

and yes, a meat eating diet is more beneficial than a vegan diet because of how easy it is to get protein (protein in vegetables is lower per volume)

can I just pour some of pic related in a tall glass of whole milk and drink it?

most of the carbs in vege are fibre which just passes right through you

fruit is obviously a lot of sugar but is generally balanced out somewhat by all the fibre and other good stuff in it

the problem is when you juice fruit and take all the sugar out and get rid of the fibre
then you may as well be drinking sugar water

So then it's the same principle with oats, right? Most of it is fiber so it's pretty good for you.

how much milk for every 100g oats for a shake?

1/2 cup oats
1 cup milk
Microwave 2 mins
2 tsp maple syrup
Dash of lite salt

> das it mane

Steel cuts are great for cutting
>Cup of steel cuts
>Coffee
>Cup of milk for the coffee
>3x eggs

110+150+180=440 calories and you will feel very full in the meantime. I do drink four cups of coffee in the morning, so the cup of milk isn't so over kill. 2oz of 1% milk for every 8oz of coffee. No sugar.

Can make the eggs soft boiled/hard boiled, scrambled, eggs Benedict (substitute oats for some toast in that case though), omelets etc. Lots of variety how you have your eggs.

>Tfw have stopped eating oats and have started drinking atoles.
This shit is so fucking based.

>3/4 cup rolled oats made with milk
>handful of each cranberries and chopped, unsalted walnuts from freezer
>Microwave ~2:30
>Almost every morning

A little tart if you're used to eating a lot of sugar, but I like it.

boil oatmeal
mix in cinnamon, grapes, banana and scrambled eggs

mash it all up together till it looks like it's partly digested

inhale it

You have to go back

Overnight Oats recipe by weight with macros counted for you:

Oats - 60g
Chia Seeds - 9g
Chopped Dates - 20g
Turbinado Sugar - 8g
Vanilla Hemp Milk (or whatever you use) - 175 mL
Peanut Butter - 21g

Calories: 516
Protein: 17g
Fat: 18.3g

Toss that shit in a bowl, go to bed, wake up to breakfast being ready.

I'm not Mexican
Just stealing ancient Aztec gains secrets

I'm going to give this a try with my quick oats

My brother won't let me have them

1 cup
Add hot water
Microwave 1 min
Add 1tbps light brown sugar

Cinnamon, scoop of chia seeds, couple cranberries. Gonna integrate yogurt in there somehow.

I take out half a bowl of natural Balkan style yogurt, stir in half a bowl of oats, add a good amount of honey, let it sit for half an hour, add sunflower seeds, raisins and mixed nuts, and gobble it up with a side of 4 scoops of protein shake.

I do this 2 - 3 times a day.

I should add that I have been eating this as my main diet for about two years, and I can control my weight with it pretty well and gains in muscle are solid.

I eat a proper meal here and there which is mostly vegetables and small amounts of meat, and snack on fruit as I please.

going to the store tomorrow

plan on buying a lot of oats

oats milk honey

This
>food of gods

1 cup oats, 2 cups water, when it´s done and in the bowl I mix in 2 scoops whey.

Fucking normies here putting all kinds of sugar in their oats.

>water, sea salt and black pepper
>throw loosely scrambled eggs (or cooked any way) on top of it
>optional: drizzle a little bernaise sauce over it

Thank me later.

>Carbs (like protein) only make sense if you put your metabolism into a anabolic state and your muscle(s) into a hypertrophe. If you ate 200 grams of protein on a regular basis and you do not lift weights then that just makes your shit hard and hurts your system. Similarly, carbs just turn to fat if your not someone who is active. Best advice is to choose 1 and literally only 1 path of life.
>Be active to Veeky Forums a balanced diet and learn to enjoy regular exercise by growing a pair of balls into your currently empty sack.
>Eat as little as possible and go into twink mode whereupon you shall be fucked by the Veeky Forums people in society but girls will think you're fun to look at.

>bring small amount of water to boil
>pour in enough rolled oats to absorb the water
>add raisins and peanut butter

or

>simmer whole oats in broth with mushrooms and celery and savory spices

>you can easily replace them with multivitamins, and still get the same effect without all the excess calories

*revokes your posting license*

> carbs just turn to fat if your not someone who is active

I don't know why people use the word carbs to mean an implied calorie surplus. Ignoring that carbs aren't even easy for your body to store as fat, even if it was a 100% efficient process, you would still need to be eating more calories than your body uses as fuel to accumulate fat.

>fucked by the Veeky Forums people in society
Veeky Forums people have an unspoken attitude they carry about them, where they look at un/fit/ as "normies" and inferior. I, for example, became Veeky Forums at age 19 after a long stay in the penitentiary and find that there are really people who cannot control their eating or fear fist fighting. People really cannot bring themselves to do something on a regular basis like just telling yourself to do it is a mythological talent to them. I blame un/fit/ people for all of the world's problems personally. Being Veeky Forums is like being in a club where you respect other Veeky Forums people and look down on the DYEL faggots with utter contempt.

>Normiefag who doesn't know the difference between simple and complex as well as refined and unrefined carbs.

That has nothing to do with it.

>two teaspoons of brown sugar

1/2 cup oats
1 date
Some green leaves
Few cashews
Banana
Whey Protein, amount varies
Almond milk to desirable viscosity

>loads of milk
>full bowl of steel cut oats
>sliced banana and honey
>make some hot as fuck porridge and stir madly

Oh and it's raw, in a blender

I would tell you, if my brother bestows me with a modicum of his finest oats

Cooked in water, add 250g quark, 1 apple or banana, sweetener.

>10 tbsp oats
>2 tbsp peanut butter
>2 bananas
>500 or so ml whole milk (just fill up the cup that's 700ml)
>blend up

Oats
Milk
Nesquick Banna
60 seconds in the mircrowave

25g of golden linseeds mixed into the oats with blueberries and sometimes also raspberries sprinkled on the top.

Oats
Just enough water to make them not dry

>2 Tbsp butter in pan
>When melted, add a cup of oats, stir until butter is absorbed
>Add 1.5 cups milk, bring to the boil
>Turn off heat, stir in 2 tbsp of raspberry or blackberry jam or just salt if I'm having them savoury.

With jam is pretty damn tasty though, you could probably throw on berries or whatever fruit is in season; but I just eat mine out of the pan with no topping like a savage.

In a blender:
>.75 - 1 cup of rolled oats
>2 cups full fat milk
>Scoobs- Style frozen banana
>3 SCOOPS CMON
>Frozen Berries or fruit etc.

This is only if I have an active first half of the day really though.

Is using the microwave to make scrambled eggs okay?

>oats with water
>microwave
>plain eggs
>cashew milk
>replace fruit with multivitamins

It's like you don't even love yourselves

>1/2 cup oats
>1/3 cup hot water
>10g agave syrup/honey/something similar
>ground cinnamon/pumpkin spice
>the slightest amount of salt

Usually I mix it with 1 or 2 Questbars or Siggi's yogurt cups, sometimes I'll add a banana or a single square of dark chocolate if I'm gonna make a full meal of it. Last night I tried it with the chocolate peanut butter Syntha6 protein powder, shit was so cash.

Fat fucks detected

wtf

Hatting on the food of civilization.
Barbarians when will they learn?

I was kinda sad when I learned how high the glycemic index of oats was , even though they contain a lot of fiber this shit will spike your blood sugar like crazy , it's as complex as overcooked white rice or potato .

>100g steel cut oats
>300ml whole milk
>0.5 tbsp organic honey

Not going for the natty sugar you pussies

Just oats and water.

Milk is bad for adults.

Evrytim I eat raw oats I shit mud. Whats up with that?

Rice is a little higher than oats with less than a tenth of the fibre, potato has way higher GI and you should know this.

Oats are an excellent food for energy, GI is about 55 which isn't high if you're using them to fuel activity at all. A spike in blood sugar is actually desirable if you're about to exercise, but definitely not if you're gonna sit on your ass and marathon Spongebob Squarepants episodes.

Oats + water + protein powder + peanut butter. It's god tier

i fill my bowl with rolled oats
then fill it with tap water
then i eat it with a spoon

>1-2 cups
>almond milk
>scoop of whey protein
>mix
>few spoonfuls of greek yogurt

turn oats to dust using blender

100g oats 500ml water
1 banana
500g yogurt

blend

drink

followed by scrambled eggs with nut oil

It's like eating muesli, friend

In yesterday's coffee mug with the cleanest looking spoon I can find and a crushed nature valley bar tossed

1c almond milk, vanilla flavor
1/2c oatz
1 banana
~20 almonds

i don't microwave mine tho

what in hell

[spoiler]coffee[/spoiler]

>Implying you thought oats could only be eaten with sweet sugary shit

1/2 cup oats with 1 cup of water, cooked in microwaved 2:30
then I either crack 1 whole egg into the center or pour 2 servings of costco egg whites into center. cook another 70 seconds(my microwave is shit so probably less time for others)
if whole egg, now have perfectly poached egg with set egg white and runny yolk. if not your thing, break the yolk and stir it around and cook another 60 seconds. if using egg whites, egg whites are almost set.
And I always add two tablespoons of salsa, some garlic, pepper, paprika, and curry powder. topped with mustard or chipotle tabasco sauce depending on my mood.

I'm a fan of sweet oats in the morning. Be it with a frozen berry mix, banana, pumpkin, etc but savory oats are wear its ate so I have the oats + egg combo as part of my dinner every night. cheers

Just ate oats with soy sauce and pepper, with steak bits and two perfectly cooked soft eggs.

Do it.

they make me fart like nothing else and give me rashes on my stomach

i think i'm allergic, which sucks, because oats, honey and raisins is both god tier and cheap

why do i need to eat oats?

Are you aware palaeolithic men ate wild grains?

I mix oats with homemade Kefir, add cinammon and honey and leave it overnight.

I just finished a bowl not 5 minutes ago.

1/3 cup steel cut oats
1 cup filtered water (the water here sucks)
1 tbsp butter
Bring to a boil, turn down to light simmer until half cooked (still a lot of liquid left)
Add 1-2 tbsp of sliced almonds. Stir.
Finish cooking at low simmer (just a little liquid left)
Put in bowl
Sprinkle 2 tbsp golden flax seeds on top
Sprinkle 1tsp raw sugar on top
Let cool a bit (shit'll burn my tongue). Eat.

Oats give you good stuff. Butter is tasty. Flax seeds give you fiber and good fat. 1/3 cup is fine for a small breakfast; I sometimes eat 1/2 cup or more.

I'm going to sit right down and tell this exactly how i eat my motherfucking steel cut oatz.

I make a gigantic fucking batch every four days. When im done i have an enormous bowl of steel cut oatz and at this point i generally take the first few feet of my cock out of my pants and fap because the sight is beautiful.

Every morning i take a goodly portion of that fucking pond of glory and i pour vanilla fucking soymilk in the fucking bowl with the fucking oatz and i put them in the microwave where i picture them fucking while they heat up.

I've now got a bowl of hot oatz and an infallibly rigid dick but i am not done motherfucker and it is not yet time to eat.

I reach around behind me and grab my nuts from the cupboard and sprinkle a bunch of walnuts into the fucking bowl. I grab my raisins and i shake my raisins into that fucking bowl, i grab my prunes and i lay my prunes into that fucking bowl, and i grab my fucking naked banana and i layer it into that fucking bowl. At this point i collapse onto the floor and fuck a new hole into the hardwood of my kitchen because i just can't fucking stand my gorgeous fucking oatz, then i stand up and i eat that fucking bowl, the whole fucking thing including the bowl itself, without any utensils and then i go throw myself at the sex doll i have dressed up like the quaker oatz guy and i literally fuck it until my neighbors call the cops.

why the fuk does it matter if oats are steel cut or plastic cut or wood cut or whatever.

Usually:
>oatz
>tiny bit of butter
>forest honey
>raspberries (blackberries, etc.)
>hot water

If on bulk, additional ingredients:
>peanut butter
>banana
>choco cereal
>bits of chocolate
>cacao powder
>whole milk

I live in a rural European area, so I usually get some of these ingredients for free (like berries, butter, milk, honey)

Oh, also protein powder in your oats isn't a bad idea

When you sleep, you fast for several hours, and your body will start to eat away your muscles. Bit of protein powder will do wonders

Assuming you eat oatz first meal a day, and that you have some not that bad tasting proton powder, put that little boy there