Fun fact thread

Charlemagne had a pet elephant named Abul-Abbas.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanno_(elephant)
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Hundred_and_Thirty_Five_Years'_War
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masoud_(slave)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I wish I was Charlemagne

Speaking of pet elephants

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanno_(elephant)

Fun fact: Charlemagne didn't exist

Let's hear it

I wish I was elephant

That too. Or like a falcon ya know?

trolled!
In the tradition of the cochin kings, anyone who received a white elephant was said to be bamboozled, as it is a drain on resources and a burden for anyone taking care of it and will more than likely die quickly. The portugese probably sent it to the pope because they were sick of caring for such an animal.

He was a made up figure

Napoleons dick diminished overtime to virtually one inch after spending too much time on horseback

Thomas Edison once shot a snuff film in which he electrocuted an elephant to death.

Holy Roman Emperor Frederick II wrote the first known book on falconry

For what purpose?

Thomas Edison was a fucking fraud and an awful human.

He was a German right?

Cortes was plagued with nightmares for years after he tortured and killed Cuahutemoc.

>awful human
yes
>fraud
no
tesla is a cool dude but you don't have to suck his fucking cock THAT much

this
Edison may have been a fucking loathsome wrecth, but he was definitely a prodigal mind

King James VI of Scotland was a prolific author and wrote, among other things, a short essay warning against the use of tobacco, a guidebook for ruling a country, and a socratic dialogue in which he attempted to prove the existence of witchcraft.

Amusingly, while he was King of Scotland, he wrote a book comparing the poetry in the languages of Scots, English and French. He concluded that Scots was the perfect language for writing poetry in, and had the most beautiful sounds of all the languages on earth, and that English was an ugly, vulgar language by comparison.

Upon ascending to the throne of England, he had all his books and poems translated into English, and reportedly never spoke another word of Scots in his life.

Britain sent its own armada against Spain and received the exact same treatment

Tesla is so far superior in every way, why can't I tease his cock a little?

Why must I be American know nothing of other language?

>tesla is far superior in every way
More of Edison's inventions saw practical use, and he was responsible for creating the first industrial research laboratory, so no, he was not superior in every way.

Edison never tried to fuck a pigeon

What did you mean by this

Eh, alternating current still trumps that.

If contracts were honored, tesla would have been the richest person in history.

Yes but he supposedly learned about falconry from Arabs whilst on crusade. The earliest known practice of falconry is thought to be in Mesopotamia or Mongolia between 3,000BC and 2,000BC.

Past a certain age, learning another language is harder than quitting heroin.

Scotfags btfo by their own King

Thank you for actually providing me with information. Cheers, user.

>alternating current still trumps that
That's subjective as fuck.

Yeah you have a point. But in terms of "practical use" it's much more important than anything Edison did.

They say the best way to do it is learn the basics yourself and then go to where the language is spoken and see what you pick up

Why did he sell out his own language like that

>its more important than anything Edison ever did
I would argue that Edison's model for industrial research laboratories was just as important for scientific progress as alternating current was.

I'm a lazy brainlet that can't leave the country as of feb. 13

England was a much more prosperous country than Scotland and James apparently had a bit of an inferiority complex. He spoke English to seem wealthier, nearly bankrupted himself buying expensive jewellery, invited common people to lavish parties, etc.

One catalyst people suggest is the death of his son Henry Frederick, who some argue James saw as his last tie to Scotland. When James commissioned armor for Henry Frederick, it was decorated with thistles, Celtic knots and unicorns, all symbols associated with Scotland. When he had armor commissioned for his second son Charles, it's basically indistinguishable from other armor of the period.

Bump

Why does that make me sad? Wtf?

One more bump

Abd al-Rahman once rode a mule into battle to show his men he wouldn't retreat

What about the mule though? Did he get war booty?

>Here we go
user is talking about the phantom time hypothesis

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Hundred_and_Thirty_Five_Years'_War

James Stuart was kind of a shit, like all British Monarchs.

Alexander the Great changed the physical geography of this planet.

Tyre used to be an island, now its a penninsula

A Fatimid Sultan of Egypt enjoyed patrolling the market in Cairo for scammers and ordering them to be sodomized on the spot by his large black slave Masoud.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masoud_(slave)

How'd he do it exaclty?

The surname Li/Lee is soo common in Asia because the Tang Dynasty's ruling family was the Li family. They eventually sent out thier minions to Korea and Vietnam.

Chinese:李(Lǐ)
Lǐ,Lee, Lei, Lie

Korean:李(리/이)
Lee, Yi, Rhee

Vietnamese:李(Lý)

Worst of all it means pear

Can confirm.

Go on Duolingo. After the first few sections of basics, don't bother with learning what to call a train-station, or a receipt. Build a foundation of adjectives, adverbs, pronouns. Couple it with a phrase book. After you have the basic theory of how the language is structured, and most of the adverbs, adjectives etc. learned, then learn how to order a drink, ask for directions, what to call an arm, etc.

I wish I had a pet elephant named Abul-Abbas

I believe he had catapults throw loads of stones into the sea in order to create a land bridge so that he could raze Tyre.

>Hanno died from complications of a treatment for constipation with gold-enriched laxative.
What a way to fucking go.

>learning another language is harder than quitting heroin.

confirmed amerimutt monolingual brainlet for thinking this

Mori Motonari snuck out of his father's castle with some friends one night when he was a kid and ran into Amago Tsunehisa and his soldiers. Mori thought they were ghosts and so challenged the general to a duel. Mori shot an arrow at him and he caught it with his bare hands. The general was impressed by his bravery and spared the lads. Supposedly.