Be me

>be me
>doing ss
>be retarded and hurt my lower back
>1 year later
>want to return to the gym

I want to workout again, but I have zero idea how to train since I cannot do squats and deadlifts anymore...

just do an upper lower

and then don't do the lower part

but i want to train my legs...

Who says you can't do squats and deads?

Me cause I hurt my lower back. Please read the whole thread before posting.

just do leg press instead of squat
just accept being a weak faggot instead of deadlifts (throw in some GHR and hypers too if they don't hurt your back)

You're actually retarded. Learn to do them with correct form or fuck off.

>huurrrr good form will always save you, ddduuurrr

Just do a leg press machine

yuck, no

how exactly did you hurt your lower back? Can you recover completely?

how the hell do you injure yourself so badly that it takes you out for a fucking year to recover when you're so new you can't even lift enough weigh to do any significant damage.
I've torn my back by overworking the shit out of it and had it so bad I couldn't walk for a few days after and that took less than 3 months to fully recover from, I was back to squatting and deadlifting semi decent weights(50-60%) after a month.

can you do heavy squats/dl now?

Fuck off and figure it out yourself. Faggot.

Yes, currently at 535 squat and 610 deadlift, it wasn't a spinal injury, just overworked muscle that pulled. That's the biggest thing with 99% of lifting injuries is they heal and you can come back stronger.

Look at someone like Brandon Lilly who literally tore both knees apart, like literally tore pretty much every single ligament and tendon in both knees and a year later he was squatting heavier than he had before.

Leg press and hamstring curls? DB Lunges? Split squats? These are all options. I hope your goal is just aesthetics though

Why do you insist on doing the same shit that got you hurt when you aren't a powerlifter?

>I have zero idea how to train since I cannot do squats and deadlifts anymore...

Excuses
Try again and start at 20-40 pounds or else you will have to use a power chair later for the rest of your life. This is not a strength contest, consider this your rehabilitation.

Mate I fucked my lower back 4 times in the last 3 years doing deads because I am completely retarded and had to have months off at a time.

I finally in the last 2 months decided to dead again and learn it properly, my numbers are skyrocketing because I finally learnt the fucking form, feel like a moron doing it wrong this whole time.

Fix your form and you'll be fine. Watch hundreds of youtube form videos.

to be fair, brandon was taking a metric fuckton of steroids, growth hormone, peptides and probably bpc 157. His recovery simply cannot be compared to some natty Veeky Forumsizen

>back hurts
>can row with all that stress
>can bench with that arched back
>can ohp with weak core

hmmmm stop lying faggot

When I had back pain I had to stop everything

>noob suffers minor back tweak or doesn't know what spinal erector DOMS feels like, self diagnoses as crippled for life

M8, if you'd 'hurt your lower back' to the extent that you could never actually squat or deadlift again, you likely wouldn't be able to walk either.

Also, unless you did something really stupid like cat-backed deadlift into standing russian twists for several weeks, it's very unlikely you did anything serious to yourself with babby weight.

Just go and get someone who actually knows how to do them to teach you how to do them.