Post unconventional/novel/weird weapons used or invented during WW1

Post unconventional/novel/weird weapons used or invented during WW1.

WW1 has always been eerie to me. The mix of old and new battle style that has sci fi elements in it with overall very dark and creepy atmosphere.

This one aint real but still scifi like
Fucking Veeky Forums hates me why do i have title now

This WW1 or WW2?
ww1 it seems

Lol

>let's build a tank with a single enormous track that runs around the entire hull, guys!

Not exactly weird or from ww1, but the Sd. Kfz. 2 is my favorite vehicle from ww2

>not just calling it a kettengrad
you fucking autist I bet you call a tiger a panzerkampfwagen vi tiger ausfahrung E

What's the point of even getting mad at people? Why put in the effort to make that post?

This

Calm down. Official design names exist for a reason you daft cunt. Get mad about things worth getting mad about.

What the fuck is going on with that thing

Zeppelins always gave me goosebumps.

actually it's kettenkrad and ausführung not ausfahrung

make sure you know the language before you try to be a smartass you fucking faggot

how does it turn

Now you know why it never went into mass production.

>Pierre, zis tank ees magnifique! You have clearly poot much thought eento eet! How does eet turn?
>...How does it what?

Turning is for traitors. This tank drives straight to Berlin.

Bionicle masks

Chemical warfare is honestly the biggest "sci-fi" element of the First World War. People knew it was coming, hence the Hague Convention, but when that shit actually hit the field and blanketed it with contorted bodies and gurgling wounded... it was like nothing the world had seen before

>All of the animals had come out of their holes to die. Dead rabbits, moles, and rats and mice were everywhere. The smell of the gas was still in the air. It hung on the few bushes which were left.

>When we got to the French lines the trenches were empty but in a half mile the bodies of French soldiers were everywhere. It was unbelievable. Then we saw there were some English. You could see where men had clawed at their faces, and throats, trying to get breath.

>Some had shot themselves. The horses, still in the stables, cows, chickens, everything, all were dead. Everything, even the insects were dead.

— Willi Siebert

>tfw no assault buggy

Diskushandgranate M 1915, Discus Grenades, or as they cutely called "Turtle Bombs" by the allies are another neat invention.

To use this grenade, one had to remove the safety pin, than to launch the grenade as a pebble, giving it a spin movement. The centrifugal force given by the spin pushed back the inertia starter-bearers, as well as the brass tube, unmasking the central star percussion pins. One of the inertia blocks at least was projected against the central star, firing its starter, and communicating the fire to the detonator, then to the grenade's explosive elements

The spherical tank was a neat idea, yes

Sorry for getting side tracked but that assault buggy caused me to bust a nostalgia nut.

CAN'T BE STOPPED

But what's the purpose of a grenade that can't be lobbed from cover?

All these designs are sad to me. Someone was so desperate to end the bloodshed they come up with impossible dreams..

Meanwhile it was just death and suffering on the frontline day in day out.

Looks like somthing a kid would build out of lego.

mfw WWI gadgets are still way cooler than fucking battlebots in current year

oops I was too late it seems..